Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest Cackles

hi,

I know your really busy with all the other requests, and I don't want to add more.

But just a small suggestion that i hope would not be to hard to implement if you saw fit is:

Give police officers a command that asks vehicles to switch lane as opposed to just turn around?

This would cause fewer traffic issues when incidents occured on dual carridgeways?

I will not go into traffic issues as I know your well aware of them (and well done on the great steps made to fixing them so far)

thanks, and if this is a stupid question please don't flame me lol ;p

hi,

I know your really busy with all the other requests, and I don't want to add more.

But just a small suggestion that i hope would not be to hard to implement if you saw fit is:

Give police officers a command that asks vehicles to switch lane as opposed to just turn around?

This would cause fewer traffic issues when incidents occured on dual carridgeways?

I will not go into traffic issues as I know your well aware of them (and well done on the great steps made to fixing them so far)

:welcome: to the forums. I like your idea but I'm not sure if it is possible. It would be good if it was.

hi,

really nice idea, as for the fixing the traffic problem, is it fixed to the point where we can use the redirect command?

@MT275: the only time EMS transports a dead body is when the patient dies in the back of the ambulance, otherwise the corener/ME investigators come to pick them up, because as the name inplies, they do invetigate the death on scene.

Guest mrpolice1996
It could be a small feature that ambulance can't load dead persons, only coroners van could take them!

That would be good but would also make gamplay harder.

It could be a small feature that ambulance can't load dead persons, only coroners van could take them!

In v2.0, dead bodies covered by a tarp can only be transported by the coroners. Yes it makes the game a little bit harder, but also more fun. The game + LA Mod is already too easy anyway.

Guest Cackles
as for the fixing the traffic problem, is it fixed to the point where we can use the redirect command?

yes you can use redirect....but

when you start free play all runs smoothly for maybe 30 mins. But after that (without your vehicles interfering in any way) it starts to mess up. Like one car will turn and get jammed by another coming in from a diff angle, it is amazing how quickly that leads to all the major roads in the map becoming gridlocked.

Also, while playing today, I thought of something else: at the moment, traffic cones (and flares) are pretty useless as they take too long to lay out, in that you may as well just place an officer or a patrol car there instead to save time.

How about having an option to lay 3 at once in a line, then you choose the angle of the line (they are ghost images then you click to confirm), is this possible? As that combined with vehicles able to change lane (through command, or directional lights, or by being directed by cone) could work really well at accident scenes.

If it were possible, could the same principle not apply to police barricades?

Thanks Hoppah for a great mod btw, and thanks to everyone else for all the nice replies ;p

Guest Cackles
I like your idea :12:

lol thank you, but i just spent a few minutes reading the forums, and saw that they are literally FLOODED with good ideas, so I guess, unless there very easy to implement, I will shutup ;p

Guest mrpolice1996
The only exceptions for this is for Africa,India,Afghanistan,Iraq,Russia and China.

Yes but this is the LA mod from America not Africa, India, Afghanistan, Iraq, Russia or China. :P