Guest __Uknow__

Rescue Trainer Simulator (RTS) Mod. For all questions about this mod.

How do even use the blue case? I don't know how to open it and stuff! :P

Check the manual in my last post, it should help you.

It would be great if more people, like Ablomis did, who know better how to play this mod to tell what procedures should we do on most calls.

Personally i rarely get the best score, i think i always miss something :mellow:

Oh thanks. A few more questions: When do you use it, what is the best way to revive someone who's had a heart attack, and how to you transport away a dead person. I called teh funeral director but I couldn't get him to do anything. :gruebel:

1. You use it when there is a risk that the patient has injured his/her neck. For example traffic accidents or falls from height.

2. From the Starters manual: "For a successful resuscitation you will need to do more besides giving compressions and

breaths. You will need to intubate, defibrillate and give medicines to get the heart started

again. According to the guidelines for CPR a special protocol must be followed.

In game we try to bring back the sinus rhythm in blocks of 30 seconds, within these blocks a

number of treatments needs to be given. The more these ‘treatment blocks’ are successfully

completed, the higher the chance of a successful for reanimation is. But even with the best

possible treatment not every patient can be rescued.

The ratio between compressions and breaths should be 1:2. A block of 30 seconds in game

represents 5 minutes in real time. In one block you should give 3 breaths, 6 compressions, 1

defibrillation and 1 injection of Suprarenal. In case of ventricle fibrillation (V-fib) a one time

injection of Cordarex in the second block is also very helpful. In case of an asystole you

should give atropine after the third suprarenal injection."

3. First you have to call him using 5 on the radio (then find him in the list in the lower left corner I think). You then have to click on the map where you want him to drive. Once he arrives, I think you might have to get him out of the car, the normal way you get people out of cars in Emergency. Then while having the person with the stretcher with the body on it selected, simply click on the funeral director. You have to fill out the same form as you do in the hospital.

Can someone upload the updated version (with patch) it dosent work for me and I can't find it now.(tried link in first post).

Also, do you ever need to call police or fire (status 5)

Oh thanks so much! I thought you had to make 30 compressions, 15 breaths, and administer all those medicines in 30 secs. I was like, HOW DO YOU DO THIS?! But still, thanks. ;)

Hah, yeah, you barely have time for the 3 breaths and 6 compressions, and then you have to throw in a defib and administer some meds :P 4:8 breaths and compressions work as well, but I'm not sure if it's better. Revived someone with that yesterday, but got a pretty low points sum (the more points, the more likely the person will survive).

One thing I do, is to send the doctor with the ambulance on calls where he has already been alerted. If the beeper shows "RTW, NEF" he has been alerted already, and will show up outside the hospital. By just holding back the ambulance a little, and sending him with that instead of the NEF, I think you save some time on scene. To compensate for the loss of the NEF driver as a helper on the scene, you can bring one of the others in the ambulance, it can fit 4 :)

Can someone upload the updated version (with patch) it dosent work for me and I can't find it now.(tried link in first post).

Also, do you ever need to call police or fire (status 5)

See the "Download" section of this forum, and check under Small Mods for Emergency 4. I think the patch and full game should be there.

I've never had to call for fire or police, not sure what funktion they serve.

Yeah thanks, so how long should you wait before pressing the compression button again? I think I need to do 2 compressions, 1 breath, and repeat that twice, but I don't know how long I should wait before I press the compression button again... :gruebel:

Yeah thanks, so how long should you wait before pressing the compression button again? I think I need to do 2 compressions, 1 breath, and repeat that twice, but I don't know how long I should wait before I press the compression button again... :gruebel:

3 or 4 breaths, then 6 or 8 compressions. I just click it like crazy until the counter in the lower left hand side of the screen says 8 after HDM..somthing. The time between presses doesn't matter, as long as they're registered. Thena shock and a dose of Suprarenal (Epinephrine), and Cordarex or Atropine depending on if its V-fib or asystole, and which block I'm on.

You shouldn't use suprarenal/suprarenin/epinephrine for longer than the first 3 blocks. After that you should switch to atropine. This is because epi raises the blood pressure in addition to the heart rate, while atropine doesn't affect the blood pressure. Too much epi, and you risk over doing it, giving the patient a stroke. Which kind of goes against what you're trying to do :P

EDIT: Added some more info.

Edited by Mr_Kaizer

So basically, I should do 6 compressions, 3 breaths, and repeat that like 8 times? Then deliver a shock and a shot of Supreranal. Got it! ;)

EDIT: WOW, I fail. The first block, I didn't deliver any medicine since the doctor wasn't ready. The 2nd-5th blocks I did 6 compressions, 3 breaths (8 times until HDM and Beatmung said 8), then 1 defib. After that, I did the same compressions and stuff, but instead of Atropine, I administered Coradex! The guy died. :P

So basically, I should do 6 compressions, 3 breaths, and repeat that like 8 times? Then deliver a shock and a shot of Supreranal. Got it! ;)

No no, 3 breaths, 6 compressions, 1 shock, 1 dose of epi or atropine. That is one block. You repeat that until the time runs out. You can see what block you are on in the lower left corner.

Wait, now I'm confused. There's something in the corner that says 4x29, and the number on the right goes down to 00, and then it goes to 3x29. So you administer 3 breaths, 6 compressions, 1 shock, 1 dose of epi, every 30 secs, or just keep repeating that until the time of 30 secs just runs out? :gruebel:

Wait, now I'm confused. There's something in the corner that says 4x29, and the number on the right goes down to 00, and then it goes to 3x29. So you administer 3 breaths, 6 compressions, 1 shock, 1 dose of epi, every 30 secs, or just keep repeating that until the time of 30 secs just runs out? :gruebel:

3 breaths, 6 compressions, 1 shock, 1 dose of epi, every 30 secs, or as many of them as you can fit in before the counter reaches 00. Once you're at 1x00 the total points are summed up and the game decides if the person is reanimated or dead. The higher the point score, the more likely it is that the person will be successfully reanimated. The number before the x indicates the block you're on, the latter two how long you have left of that block.

So each block I can just keep administering epi, shocks, and compressions/breaths until the 30 secs runs out? The next block, I just continue? :s

Exactly. Once the time runs out, you start over on a new set. If you finish your set before the time runs out, wait for it to run out.

Had a good moment in this mod yesterday. I've been reading quite alot about emergency medicine, both pre-hospital and ER care (for the ERT RPG). Finally got some use for that :P So here is a little tip.

Had a car crash victim that was pretty badly injured and unconcious. I did the normal thing, IE admister oxygen, get IV access and start saline, bandage, imobilize, move to ambulance, call helicopter. While I'm waiting for the helicopter I'm looking at the victims vitals, and notice suddenly that the pulse Ox is dropping, and pretty quickly at that, despite being on oxygen (Had dropped from the mid/high 50s to low 40s in the short time it took to complete treatment). I suddenly remember that you can intubate in this mod, so I do, and get the gratifying "correct" sound (and actually remembered to click the ambu bag once to start the manual ventilation -_-). Lo and behold, the O2 sat starts rising :D I realized I must have missed this quite a few times, I've had a few car crash victims code on me before the helo arrives, and failed to bring them back.

So the moral of the story: Know what to look for in in the vitals :P 100 O2 sat is good, dropping sat despite oxygen supply is bad, very bad.

Had a good moment in this mod yesterday. I've been reading quite alot about emergency medicine, both pre-hospital and ER care (for the ERT RPG). Finally got some use for that :P So here is a little tip.

Had a car crash victim that was pretty badly injured and unconcious. I did the normal thing, IE admister oxygen, get IV access and start saline, bandage, imobilize, move to ambulance, call helicopter. While I'm waiting for the helicopter I'm looking at the victims vitals, and notice suddenly that the pulse Ox is dropping, and pretty quickly at that, despite being on oxygen (Had dropped from the mid/high 50s to low 40s in the short time it took to complete treatment). I suddenly remember that you can intubate in this mod, so I do, and get the gratifying "correct" sound (and actually remembered to click the ambu bag once to start the manual ventilation -_-). Lo and behold, the O2 sat starts rising :D I realized I must have missed this quite a few times, I've had a few car crash victims code on me before the helo arrives, and failed to bring them back.

So the moral of the story: Know what to look for in in the vitals :P 100 O2 sat is good, dropping sat despite oxygen supply is bad, very bad.

Could you point some of these websites you read; in most of the missions i don't get the A grade (only B). I think i'm missing some procedures most of the times.

One question: When transporting the patient to the hospital you always use the "normal" speed (second one)? I think i read on the manual you shouldn't go too fast with a patient inside the ambulance.

I use the normal speed as well. And I've JUST started getting A grade on some of them, I'm still getting a lot of Bs. http://emedicine.medscape.com/ is pretty decent, though that's more for ER care than pre-hospital treatment. Wikipedia has quite decent articles, but you have to know what you're looking for.

As for videos, I could do that, but there are so many different missions. I've had this mod for I don't know how long, and this was the first time I had someone with amputations! The Cardio 5 calls are the worst to any sort of guide to, because here you can get anything from someone with high blood pressure sitting on a bench waiting, who only needs to be put on oxygen and transported, to people with seizures due to hypoglycemia, to cardiac arrest.

I don't really play this mod that much. I switch mod when I get tired of the other ones. Some days I play the Florian Hamburg mod, some days Winterberg or Wegberg, and LA mod on rare occasions.