Hoppah

Additional Units Submod

I guess he did not like it :( Love playing the LA Mod more now just because of the PD and TEC units. And those sirens, are they the real ones that LA uses?

No, the ones in the original mod are most comparable to the real ones. The sirens in the submod are not anything like the real ones. That's what MikesPhotos has told me. The alternative sirens have been added to the submod because so many people like them.

Guest PC_McKenzie

Hi,

I'm new to the forum so go easy on me.

I like the LA mod & this submod, both brill.

Is their a way so when I can rename the SWAT SUV to Unmarked SUV & have it so normal lapd officers/CHP officers etc can be deployed from that vehicle.

hope someone understands what I mean lol.

Cheers

PC _McKenzie

:welcome: to the forums.

You need to edit infotexts.xml in the lang folder to change the vehicle name.

To add LAPD Officers etc. you need to edit the unit.xml of the vehicle. Open the units folder and open police and then find the swat suv folder and open the unit.xml in notepad. Find

<personnel>
<unit id="LAPD_SWAT">
<defaultcount value="2" />
</unit>
<unit id="LAPD_SWAT_SHARPSHOOTER" />
<unit id="NEGOTIATOR" />
<unit id="SCOUT2" />
</personnel>

and add

<unit id="LAPD_OFFICER" />
<unit id="CHP_OFFICER" />
<unit id="FBI_AGENT" />
<unit id="FBI_AGENT_TAC" />

underneath <unit id="SCOUT2" />

Hi,

I'm new to the forum so go easy on me.

I like the LA mod & this submod, both brill.

Is their a way so when I can rename the SWAT SUV to Unmarked SUV & have it so normal lapd officers/CHP officers etc can be deployed from that vehicle.

hope someone understands what I mean lol.

Cheers

PC _McKenzie

First and foremost: :welcome: PC_McKenzie :)

Next: To change the name from SWAT SUV to Unmarked SUV, you need to open:

C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.9\Lang\en (or similar)

open infotexts.xml with wordpad. To do this, right click infotexts, left click edit.

next, find :

<string name="ID_NAME_SWAT_SUV">LAPD SWAT SUV</string>
<string name="ID_PURPOSE_SWAT_SUV">The SWAT SUV is used to transport a SWAT team to scene. This vehicles comes in action when a dangerous suspect has to be arrested.</string>
<string name="ID_TOOLTIP_SWAT_SUV">LAPD SWAT SUV</string>

replace that with:

<string name="ID_NAME_SWAT_SUV">Unmarked SUV</string>

<string name="ID_PURPOSE_SWAT_SUV">The Unmarked SUV can transport more units than the Patrolcar, but is more expensive.</string>

<string name="ID_TOOLTIP_SWAT_SUV">Unmarked SUV</string>

That'll take car of the name, now, to edit the persons you're able to insert, open:

C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.9\Units\Vehicles\Police

open the folder:

195swatsuv

Open: Unit.xml with wordpad, using the same method as above^^

Find

<personnel>
<unit id="LAPD_SWAT">
</unit>
<unit id="LAPD_SWAT_SHARPSHOOTER" />
</personnel>

replace with:

<personnel>
<unit id="LAPD_SWAT">
</unit>
<unit id="LAPD_OFFICER" />
<unit id="CHP_OFFICER" />
<unit id="BP_OFFICER" />
<unit id="LASD_OFFICER" />
<unit id="FBI_AGENT" />
</personnel>

That'll give you 2 SWAT by default, which can easily be removed, and the option to add LAPD Officer, CHP, Border Patrol, LASD Officer and FBI Agent :)

I hope this helps :D

Eli

[edit] Didn't see randomperson139 add their reply, so, pick from either :P [/edit]

Guest PC_McKenzie

Hi, randomperson139 & FortErieFireEli

Thanks for the quick reply. You've been a great help, now i will be changing loads of vehicles lol.

One more thing, is there a ways so this vehicle can carry either 2 cops & 2 prisoners?

cheers

PC_McKenzie

Thanks for the quick reply. You've been a great help, now i will be changing loads of vehicles lol.

One more thing, is there a ways so this vehicle can carry either 2 cops & 2 prisoners?

cheers

PC_McKenzie

You're welcome. :)

To change the amount of transports, open the unit.xml for the vehicle and change the space value and loadspace value to 2.

Guest PC_McKenzie
You're welcome. :)

To change the amount of transports, open the unit.xml for the vehicle and change the space value and loadspace value to 2.

Thanks again;)

cheers

PC_McKenzie

There sure is :) again, in the units/195swatsuv, edit the unit.xml, find

<space value="4" />
<loadspace value="0" />

replace that with

<space value="2" />
<loadspace value="2" />

And, I should've mentioned it before, but, yuo have to edit both the freeplay and campaign portions of the unit.xml to get it to work in both freeplay AND in a regular misson :)

Guest PC_McKenzie
There sure is :) again, in the units/195swatsuv, edit the unit.xml, find

<space value="4" />
<loadspace value="0" />

replace that with

<space value="2" />
<loadspace value="2" />

And, I should've mentioned it before, but, yuo have to edit both the freeplay and campaign portions of the unit.xml to get it to work in both freeplay AND in a regular misson :)

thanks m8:)

Guest PC_McKenzie
No problem. :)

am going to get classed as a pain in the a** soon but is their anyway to increase the number of people/vehicles that are going about?

cheers

PC_McKenzie

Update:

A new version of the Additional Units Submod will be released after Los Angeles Mod v2.0 has been released. The new version will be compatible with v2.0 ofcourse and will have a few other small changes:

- Scaled the USCG boat down

- USCG boat can transport personnel now

- Added 'Drop Diver' command to USCG Dolphin

Nice Hoppah I am gonna love to see the USCG boat in more of a realistic size.

At least I'm not the only one thinking it was rather large :P I see them all the time, as my town borders Buffalo, NY, and the only thing seperating us is the mighty Niagara River. The USCG Station Buffalo has 2 or 3 of those I believe... They sound friggin powerful :)

Update:

A new version of the Additional Units Submod will be released after Los Angeles Mod v2.0 has been released. The new version will be compatible with v2.0 ofcourse and will have a few other small changes:

Sounds great. Keep it up Hoppah :gut:

The older versions (v1.0 and v0.1b) of the Additional Units Submod are NOT compatible with the Los Angeles Mod v2.0.

So I released v1.1 of the submod with the following changes:

- Compatible with Los Angeles Mod v2.0

- Roof number on LAPD Impala changed

- Command 'Call ALS Ambulance' also works for the Large Rescue Ambulance now

You can download the Additional Units Submod v1.1 here: Download

Hoppah