pyrofreak

LAX Units (poll added. Please vote)

Should the LAX units be removed from the mod?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Should the LAX units be removed from the mod?

• Yes (and add them to a submod for the interested people)
    • No, I love yellow vehicles

Guest em4fan
Poll added

Thanks for bringing this up, I actually forgot about them but I NEVER use them, even in the airport missions. I prefer the red vehicles above all. So I voted 'yes'. If they will be removed I can make a submod to make them playable again. Deleting them makes the mod smaller, thus more compact which might result in better performance and loading times.

Sounds good Hoppah :)

em4fan

I voted no, I still use them sometimes, in missions. I never use them in freeplay since there isn't an airfield or a plane crash event (not saying that they should be in the mod). I think it's unreal to extinghuish a house fire with a crashtender. But because I use them in the missions I wouldn't want to see them go.

Guest em4fan

Never use them because they are too slow and takes long time coming, as said Hoppah red vehicles do my job, so my vote is "Yes (and add them to a submod for the interested people)". Sorry for my English

em4fan

I think that if you want to use it, use it. But if you don't, then don't. I mean, what if those people who use them are lazy and don't want to install a submod? I hardly use them, but on the missions, yes. On Mission 10, those are the only one I use.

so let the choice by the user self.

Just... Please... :1046276372_bawling: ...... READ ..... the poll. I would still release them as a submod, so that would give everyone a choice.

It's not even about the possibility to disable them or not by yourself. It's about making the mod as light (by deleting files) as possible. God..... :1046276372_bawling:

Hoppah, Would you delete the LAX police cars as well?

Yes, all 3 LAX vehicles, ambulance, crash tender and pd car.

Depends on the outcome if I am going to delete them. But it doesn't matter, the submod will be released shortly after release of v1.9 and has the same installer to install the vehicles within a minute again. It will be combinated with the Federal units submod. :)

i voted no (though i dont necessarily love yellow vehicles more).

in freeplay i always have a crash tender stationed at industrial sites and have the LAX Ambo and LAPP car stationed at the ports. sometimes i also station the LAAP cars at certain places as "security vehicles". for me, they get their biggest use in missions

What does LAX means? in swedish it's salmonxD

It is the airport code for Los Angeles Int. Airport

Further to stay on-topic... does sit really takes so much time to just load the LAX units that it will make a difference. I mean they are just as useless as the highway patrol, army, fbi and port police if you ask me.

I use the LAX ambulances in multiplayer because the colour makes them easy to distinguish from the other players' ambulances (not that it is really needed with 2 players and the other one always use vintage ambulances)

But I am in favour of putting the LAX vehicles in a separate submod to make the mod less "heavy" :)