pyrofreak

LAX Units (poll added. Please vote)

Should the LAX units be removed from the mod?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Should the LAX units be removed from the mod?

• Yes (and add them to a submod for the interested people)
    • No, I love yellow vehicles

Having LAX units in the mod seems all the more reason to have a mini LAX on the new map, but thats another debate for another thread. :P

To the person above, yes its Los Angeles International Airport. I believe the X is for International, kind of like you see signs that say Ped X-ing.

Guest NMDanny

most times i use Vintage Ambulance. because i prefer it skin over the ALS Ambulance and vintage ambulance is als too.

i use LAX Firetruck in some missions

i don't use port police or airport police

i use LAX Ambulance in missions and in hazmat situtations

Guest MonkeySquasher

Wow. So nice and clean looking, no rust.. Probably starts and runs good, too. Nothing compared to what I drive. haha

Personally, I understand if you want to remove them, but I use them. Not only on the LAX and CFR stuff, but also in freeplay for big fires.. Forest fires, explosions, etc. So as long as there's a submod for them, I'm good.

i agree i usially have it on standby by my own personal emergency mangment center complete with a helipad. good backup in case someone tries to break like one guy but security handeld it :)

There's no reason to remove it... when something's in and you don't use it, then just don't use it, don't ask for its removal. period. :)

I agree, there is no reason to remove it even if they are not used so much in the game. When i play w00d's map i always put 1 LAX fire engine and 1 LAX Patrol car in the airport. :1046275767_ugly:

There's no reason to remove it... when something's in and you don't use it, then just don't use it, don't ask for its removal. period. :)

I agree, there is no reason to remove it even if they are not used so much in the game. When i play w00d's map i always put 1 LAX fire engine and 1 LAX Patrol car in the airport. :1046275767_ugly:

You both didn't read the topic. I've mentioned at least one reason twice. Enjoy your warning. :popcorn:

Maybe I should add an extra 50 patrolcars and 40 fire engine's and tell the people they don't HAVE TO use them after waiting 1 hour to let the game load the mod. I added the poll because I was interested in the popularity of the LAX vehicles. It's about 50/50, so they will all remain in the base mod, but that doesn't mean there are no reasons to remove them.

You actually know how the game loads mods?

ALL vehicles, personnel and equipment are checked and preloaded/precached.

An example (the LACoFD Heavy Equipment Squad) from the logfile after loading v1.8.1:

Prototype mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/usar_squad.e4p precached

Loading vehicle mod:Units/Vehicles/Fire Department/150hes/...

|Loading Model mod:Models\Vehicles\02 LA Fire Department\heavy_equipment_squad.v3o

|[VNUM=1.43]

|Model contains 1141 vertices, 1057 polygons, 0 bones, 0 muscleanimframes

|Loading Model mod:Models\Vehicles\02 LA Fire Department\heavy_equipment_squad_wheel01.v3o

|[VNUM=1.43]

|Model contains 147 vertices, 160 polygons, 0 bones, 0 muscleanimframes

|Loading Model mod:Models\Vehicles\02 LA Fire Department\heavy_equipment_squad_door01.v3o

|[VNUM=1.43]

|Model contains 40 vertices, 28 polygons, 0 bones, 0 muscleanimframes

|Loading Model mod:Models\Vehicles\02 LA Fire Department\heavy_equipment_squad_door02.v3o

|[VNUM=1.43]

|Model contains 40 vertices, 28 polygons, 0 bones, 0 muscleanimframes

|Loading Model mod:Models\Vehicles\02 LA Fire Department\heavy_equipment_squad_door03.v3o

|[VNUM=1.43]

So don't tell me it's b*llsh*t. Maybe it's nitpicking, maybe it's not. I could've also deleted the 3 vehicles without making a poll, because I want to be selfish.

Just out of curiosity does anyone use the LAX units.

I know I've seen the flip side of both coins as far as game play goes, and authentic set ups. Some people don't like parking units, some send them on patrol, some people send a ladder and a engine to a fire, some people send more. So, LAX units just don't seem to have a purpose, yeah you can use them on missions but they just seem weird in free play.

However, with that said though does anyone use them, and why. For fun, because they look cool, etc?

I use the port police in the port area, and i have the crash tender staged in the port area as well. It doesn't bother me to loose the LAX vehicles, unless there is an airport in the missions. Also I use the army in the power plant since it is a high security site.

I use the port police in the port area, and i have the crash tender staged in the port area as well. It doesn't bother me to loose the LAX vehicles, unless there is an airport in the missions. Also I use the army in the power plant since it is a high security site.

Even though the Army doesn't protect power plants.

LAX is a call sign for aircraft ( I think.. )

It's the Los Angeles airport in California

Largest airport on the west coast, handles all international flights coming in and out of the united states on the west coast.

LAX is Los Angeles Airport. The X was for that in the 1904's Airports were moving to a 3 letter callsign and LA only had 2, so they added an X just to fill the space.

Yeah, I agree with a few of the others. I have never used the LAX Ambulance or LA Airport Police before and I only have the LAX Crash Tender parked at the military base I made (never used though). So I wouldn't mind seeing them put as a submod, especially if they decrease the loading time of the mod and game.

However, I wouldn't want to see the Port Police go. I use 2 of them in the Port/Industrial district near the SE side of the original map.

If only we could get a KLAX map... Now I just pout since I don't have much use for the bright yellow thing... where as LAPP since has use. I use to use the KLAX ambulance often on w00ds map for calls around the airport... But... since Hoppah gave us a river... D=

Surprisingly enough even though there is no airport, I usually at the beginning of the free-play game tone out three LAX ambos, to replace the ALS ones, and I will keep one of the crash trucks near one of the areas where you really dont want a fire so it can be put out right away, say in the dockyard area where there tends to be a hazmat spill if theres a fire, so its usually quickly put out by the crew before it gets bad, and personally before 1.9 the LAX crash truck i would roll out if there was a really serious fire where the normal units already on map were not enough, seeing as it has a more powerful deck gun, has two more guys than a foam tender and looks way coolers :cheers: as far as the LAX police units i never use any units aside form LAPD, well actually that's a lie sometimes i feel like being special and only using CHP pd units, unless its like something that needs SWAT :P but yeah, the units I tend not to use are LASD, FBI, Nat. Guard, and some of the tech vehicles, for instance because there's the LAFD heavy rescue crane I use that instead of the tech crane, it looks nicer...

Wow I absolutely rambled on there, why did nobody stop me, oh right, you guys aren't sitting next to me DOH!