pyrofreak

LAX Units (poll added. Please vote)

Should the LAX units be removed from the mod?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Should the LAX units be removed from the mod?

• Yes (and add them to a submod for the interested people)
    • No, I love yellow vehicles

Doesn't matter much now. Since the release of the new mod I've been using the LAX ambo a little more. Mainly because the new map is bigger (In my opinion), and I get tired of seeing the red ALS ambulances running around the map, adds a little diversity.

Anyway, doesn't matter much. I was curious at the time I created this thread. Curiosity satisfied.

Guest Harpoon731
LAX is a call sign for aircraft ( I think.. )

It's the Los Angeles airport in California

Largest airport on the west coast, handles all international flights coming in and out of the united states on the west coast.

LAX is not the only Airport on the West Coast to handle International Flights, I flew from San Francisco to Singapore on a business trip.

Back to the LAX Units, I use them occasionally, but not enough to keep them. :)

Guest MGC|Uthog

If you would delete it how about the airport mission?

And i find them fun to play with there yellow huge and really handy when it comes to blocking lanes from traffic:)

Guest mrpolice1996

I don't use them in freeplay because there is no airport :1046276372_bawling: .

Although they are useful in airport missions.

I wouldn't get rid of them. Even if you don't use them they are not doing any harm. :D

Guest MGC|Uthog

And if you think they are useless why you use fire engine 2, or the fire dept crane or why you use differen police vehicles...because it adds more realism so does the Crash tender

Guest pmadden94
Yeah, I think a submod would be a great idea then you only have to use them if you want to. And if you don't you get reduced loading time. :)

Not to be rude or anything;

But removing 3 or 4 cars isnt going to reduce loading time by more than 4 or 5 seconds

Engine 51 does respond outside of LAX. They'll respond all the way out to 63's.

I bet that stair truck doesn't.

Anyway engine 51 is the same as the normal engines in the mod only it's yellow.

I think the best solution would be to create a submod containing lots of (New) LAX units, and remove them from the main mod.

But in the submod, as well as the new vehicles, there are new missions and/or a new freeplay map which are all airport based.

Then everyone is happy, you can have them if you want, and if you don't like them then you don't have to have them. :)

And it's more realistic.

Anyway engine 51 is the same as the normal engines in the mod only it's yellow.

No, it's not even the same vehicle. Normal LAFD engines are Pierce, 51 is a Seagrave.

BTW wtf is the point of 80 in real life? Wouldn't any stair vehicle be enough?

The units at station 80 don't respond out of LAX. At station 51, only engine 51 responds outside of LAX, RA 51 stays at LAX always. Station 95, on the east side of LAX responds to LAX and the surrounding area, and it has more appratus.

It's true that stair 80 doesen't respond outside of LAX, and you say it has no business being in the mod/a submod. If stair 80 has no business being in the mod, what about RA 51 and Foam 1 that dont leave LAX? Shouldn't they be taken out of the LA mod then?

@ Ami, I think the purpose of stair 80 is so that they don't have to rely on a seperate airstair vehicle. Regular LAFD engines are both Peirce and and Seagrave, it just so happens that 51's is assigned a Seagrave.

@ Ami, I think the purpose of stair 80 is so that they don't have to rely on a seperate airstair vehicle. Regular LAFD engines are both Peirce and and Seagrave, it just so happens that 51's is assigned a Seagrave.

I know, I was referring to how all of the engines in the mod are Pierce.