pyrofreak

LAX Units (poll added. Please vote)

Should the LAX units be removed from the mod?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Should the LAX units be removed from the mod?

• Yes (and add them to a submod for the interested people)
    • No, I love yellow vehicles

Just out of curiosity does anyone use the LAX units.

I know I've seen the flip side of both coins as far as game play goes, and authentic set ups. Some people don't like parking units, some send them on patrol, some people send a ladder and a engine to a fire, some people send more. So, LAX units just don't seem to have a purpose, yeah you can use them on missions but they just seem weird in free play.

However, with that said though does anyone use them, and why. For fun, because they look cool, etc?

Edited by Hoppah
Poll added by Hoppah

I know I've seen the flip side of both coins as far as game play goes, and authentic set ups. Some people don't like parking units, some send them on patrol, some people send a ladder and a engine to a fire, some people send more. So, LAX units just don't seem to have a purpose, yeah you can use them on missions but they just seem weird in free play.

However, with that said though does anyone use them, and why. For fun, because they look cool, etc?

I just think the lax truck looks beast. :smoke:

I personally love using the LAX ones for missions, but recently, I have been using only the LAX ambulance in freeplay, because it is yellow, and unless you are close, it looks like a normal yellow ambulance, like a beach, so that goes by the beach area, other than that no uses...

You have never seen a LAX Crash Tender go to a car fire? :laugh:

I personally love using the LAX ones for missions, but recently, I have been using only the LAX ambulance in freeplay, because it is yellow, and unless you are close, it looks like a normal yellow ambulance, like a beach, so that goes by the beach area, other than that no uses...

Same here I sometimes use the ambulances because they look like RMA (Rural Metro Ambulance)

Here is a picture of RMA: http://www.ruralmetrocolorado.com/Images/G...0amb%20crop.jpg

Mike CCFES

You have never seen a Crash Tender go to a car fire? :laugh:

Ever Been to a Military Base?

But Yea, I Have. Sometimes they are special called for Tanker Truck fires. Also The Pennsylvania Turnpike Has one stationed At the Leigh Tunnel to handle any incidents in the tunnel.

In Freeplay, I have 2 LAX police patrol cars and 1 LAX Ambulance parked at Airport (in w00d's map) or a suitable location on the other maps. I also have 2 Port Police patrol cars parked near the port to respond to incidents in their area to assist LAPD. Find it works quite well. With 6 x LAPD patrol cars, 2 x LAAP patrol cars and 2 x LAPP patrol cars, plus SWAT and Bomb Squad, they serve and protect the city well.

I have also added LAFD Vintage Ambulance and AMR Ambulance (just testing at the moment - skinned by billyfromhill) parked at the hospital. These are set up to respond to call for ALS/ambulance if all LAFD ALS/Ambulances are already tasked to an incident. First to respond will be LAFD Vintage, then LAX and finally AMR if needed (only contract out to the private service as a last resort).

I've never really used the Lax police car however, I've made plane crashes, and some helicopter ones too, on the freeplay maps before. I do use the crash tender on those, I use pretty much everything on those especially when they spark a forest fire.

I've never really used the Lax police car however, I've made plane crashes, and some helicopter ones too, on the freeplay maps before. I do use the crash tender on those, I use pretty much everything on those especially when they spark a forest fire.

how have you made the plane crashes? i suppose you have done it in the editor?

I've always wanted to have plane crashes in freeplay, any chance someone could help me add plane crash events to freeplay?

In the Dutch tutorial section there is a tutorial about adding events to freeplay. It only mentions car accidents, but of course you can also use a plane in stead of a car. I'll translate it for you:

Car accident

1: go to the prototypes menu (F1) and choose vehicles

2: place a wreck and call it "ccar_1"

3: If you want you can place tire tracks and glas shards (you can find them under prototypes -> objects -> debris), call them "ccard_1"

4: If you want to add an extra car you can call it "ccard_1"

add injured with slice-able wreck

5A: go to prototypes -> persons and place a person near a wreck call it "ccarp_1a" (the next victim is "ccarp_1b" etc.)

6: select the wreck where the person should be enclosed and choos the edit traits menu

7: choose person enclosed and choose the person that should be in the vehicle.

now go to step 8

add injured with non slice-able wreck

5B: call all the injured you want to add "ccard_1"

go to step 8

8: select the injured and go to the edit traits menu.

9: select injured and pick a number (the higher the number the more life energy the vic will have)

10: select energy as the reason

11: select blood puddle for a small pool of blood around the victim.

greetz,

Edited by pyrothijs

In the Dutch tutorial section there is a tutorial about adding events to freeplay. It only mentions car accidents, but of course you can also use a plane in stead of a car. I'll translate it for you:

Car accident

1: go to the prototypes menu (F1) and choose vehicles

2: place a wreck and call it "ccar_1"

3: If you want you can place tire tracks and glas shards (you can find them under prototypes -> objects -> debris), call them "ccard_1"

4: If you want to add an extra car you can call it "ccard_1"

add injured with slice-able wreck

5A: go to prototypes -> persons and place a person near a wreck call it "ccarp_1a" (the next victim is "ccarp_1b" etc.)

6: select the wreck where the person should be enclosed and choos the edit traits menu

7: choose person enclosed and choose the person that should be in the vehicle.

now go to step 8

add injured with non slice-able wreck

5B: call all the injured you want to add "ccard_1"

go to step 8

8: select the injured and go to the edit traits menu.

9: select injured and pick a number (the higher the number the more life energy the vic will have)

10: select energy as the reason

11: select blood puddle for a small pool of blood around the victim.

greetz,

Thanks! I'll give it a try once I sort out my computer problems.

I also have 2 Port Police patrol cars parked near the port to respond to incidents in their area to assist LAPD.

If you set Port Police to Patrol do they have a different route then the LAPD/LASD.

EDIT: If by chance any one doesnt know the answer it is no, they dont have different paths.

I personally dont like the LAX units except the crash tender. We dont have any yellow ambulances here, so maybe thats why.

Every airport today has a unique three-letter identifier to streamline the process of tracking the millions of items of airport data transmitted daily, including flight plans and weather reports. Before the 1930s, existing airports used a two-letter abbreviation based on the weather station at the airports. So, at that time, LA served as the designation for Los Angeles International Airport. But, with the rapid growth in the aviation industry, the designations expanded to three letters, and LA became LAX. The letter X does not otherwise have any specific meaning in this identifier

The X doesn't mean anything

Poll added

Thanks for bringing this up, I actually forgot about them but I NEVER use them, even in the airport missions. I prefer the red vehicles above all. So I voted 'yes'. If they will be removed I can make a submod to make them playable again. Deleting them makes the mod smaller, thus more compact which might result in better performance and loading times.