Hoppah

Project: New Freeplaymap

Sky helicopter is useless, because you can never make that work.

From now on I will delete all the suggestions, because NONE will be added as long I am still working on the map.

Hoppah now LAFD & LACOFD don't need to put men down because they bought the heavy rescue units and that how we are taught in la county now. we do not want to puut men down there or use a helicopter because it is to dangerous. If we rely need to we can stop the flow of water at several dams along the river. I hope this helps you.

good job so far :laugh: !!!!!

and if you need anything about LAFD or LACOFD let me know.

Guest CCFES_STERLING
Yes, it's a good idea but I don't know if I can make the river accessible. The whole river is a 3D-object and the sides might be too steep for a fire fighter to go down.

I can put a car in the river, but without injured people or any other things that require vehicles/personnel to go down. Or you would have to use helicopters, which can land on the bottom.

Here is wear USCG rescue swimmers are a great idea.

Plus such a helicopter probably isnt used in civilian search and rescue operations. As you see in the pic its being used for military purposes,and furthermore thats an incredibly old pic. I dont even know if such a unit is in service these days.

sorry just thought i'd throw this out there.

also http://www.inyokernairport.com/sikorsky_sk...e/skycrane.html

LAFD Contracted service

thanks... sorry for going off topic

post-3430-1241590609_thumb.jpg

Hoppah can you post a picture of the new fire stations bay?

And MikeyPL, just looking at your new cars again and I was trying to find out what it was missing. In the future and Truck, like a Ford F-150 would be great along with a pedestrian motorcycle, and an 18 wheeler, I know that tractor drawn ladders are able to work in the game yet but would a tractor trailer work. If they wrecked you would also have to call hazmat. Keep up the great work!

Eventually, I would love to see a scene support truck that would carry 2 FF and light equiptment. It would also have a big flood light on top, it could be an air/light truck, You would send it to big fires or where ever you needed more personel. Not all Firefighters have SCBA's so the ones that dont should only be able to get packed out with the Air/Light truck. Not refil the bottles just put them on like you can do with all the trucks. There are only like 4-6 ready to go packs on each real truck. This would add alot of realism and also be a good support truck. It could also carry SCUBA gear so that a FF can change out. Here is an idea on what it could look like, http://fulton.ga.scanamerica.us/modules.ph...;orderby=titleA , http://cherokee.ga.scanamerica.us/modules....;orderby=titleA , http://mikesphotos.us/gallery2/v/Action/Ev...-OPEN/LAFD/RAT/ , or this http://nycfire.net/gallery/Guest/sreilly/a...ir_7_6.jpg.html . Thanks for the outstanding work, hope to see an Air/Light/Support truck in 2012 after the map is released.

I think that the development crew was clear when they told they want no more suggestions and closed the suggestion topic.

And as said several times, a tractor ladder is not possible due to game's limitations.

I know that tractor drawn ladders are able to work in the game yet but would a tractor trailer work.
There basically the same thing so why would it work?
Eventually, I would love to see a scene support truck that would carry 2 FF and light equiptment. It would also have a big flood light on top, it could be an air/light truck, You would send it to big fires or where ever you needed more personel. Not all Firefighters have SCBA's so the ones that dont should only be able to get packed out with the Air/Light truck. Not refill the bottles just put them on like you can do with all the trucks.

The HES has room for 4 firefighters. Has most tools on board, and you can change there. Other then the limit on sbca things isnt that what you need?

Guest fasire

I don't know if this is related to new maps, but please make it more difficult, sometimes even in hard mode it gets boring, try to put in a accident, some others related accidents if you don't sinalize it, and make it visible for other cars, and others accidents like floods ....

I really don't see the point in the Sky crane helicopter, it provides no real advantage. I mean, if a car is in water you have to swim in to mark the car anyway, by this time a LAFD crane could already be on seen. Just seems like a ton of work for a very small outcome.

There basically the same thing so why would it work?

The HES has room for 4 firefighters. Has most tools on board, and you can change there. Other then the limit on sbca things isnt that what you need?

Dude, the difference btwn. a tiller and an 18 wheeler is one has a ladder and one does not. Chill

Dude, the difference btwn. a tiller and an 18 wheeler is one has a ladder and one does not. Chill

Chill? Didnt realize I made big deal out of it...of course you could chill with suggestions but you havent have you?

Now please explain to me, where the big difference is? The fact of the matter is both vehicles are pulling something behind them and this requires a pivot point. Just because one has a ladder and one is a large enclosed box for transporting goods doesnt make them any different in terms of being able to function in the game.

Thats not accounting for the fact its a mid mount ladder which has been covered many times. There has only been one mid mount created and so far it remains to be seen if its truly functional.

And last but not least what does a tiller have to do with the map?

Guest MonkeySquasher
Just because one has a ladder and one is a large enclosed box for transporting goods doesnt make them any different in terms of being able to function in the game.

Actually, it might. It would pretty much be a big box or tank acting as a trailer... It doesn't have to serve any functionality at all, and since it's only following a set path, it shouldn't have too many problems (ie, it's not user controlled, just AI controlled)

However, it MAY still have the same "running into itself" problem when you try to redirect it.. It'll attempt a u-turn where it doesn't have room and potentially turn into itself.

But then again, I don't actually make any of these models or test it, so in the end I don't actually know what I'm talking about. lol

^yeah I think some one already mentioned that. As I said I wasnt sure. Although i was right that it doesnt seem to be used for USAR.

wasnt trying to degrade in any way, just throwing an updated pic and some useless info out there for anyone interested....

:sorrysign: i'll stop

Actually, it might. It would pretty much be a big box or tank acting as a trailer... It doesn't have to serve any functionality at all, and since it's only following a set path, it shouldn't have too many problems (ie, it's not user controlled, just AI controlled)

However, it MAY still have the same "running into itself" problem when you try to redirect it.. It'll attempt a u-turn where it doesn't have room and potentially turn into itself.

But then again, I don't actually make any of these models or test it, so in the end I don't actually know what I'm talking about. lol

Well Im not sure a trailer can be connected to a vehicle automatically. Thats the first big problem I see. Obviously it can be connected manually but personally speaking a tiller that had to be hooked up manually would really suck and be unrealistic.

Another problem is that a unit with trailer cant park in its bay but I havent tested that very thoroughly either.

As for running into itself, I havent tested this thoroughly but if you alter the equipment trailers physics to be accurate(there there but there modified down to the size of a dot), it doesnt run into itself.

wasnt trying to degrade in any way, just throwing an updated pic and some useless info out there for anyone interested....

:sorrysign: i'll stop

Your fine pearl. I was meant to put a :P on the end anyways.

Chill? Didnt realize I made big deal out of it...of course you could chill with suggestions but you havent have you?

Now please explain to me, where the big difference is? The fact of the matter is both vehicles are pulling something behind them and this requires a pivot point. Just because one has a ladder and one is a large enclosed box for transporting goods doesnt make them any different in terms of being able to function in the game.

Thats not accounting for the fact its a mid mount ladder which has been covered many times. There has only been one mid mount created and so far it remains to be seen if its truly functional.

And last but not least what does a tiller have to do with the map?

TrueI does not relate to the map, but it was directed at MikeyPI not Hoppah, who is building the map, but what does you lecturing me have to do with the map? You dont need to act like you know everything. You are not an admin or a modder, so quite freakin acting like one!

Guest firefighter31191

When you make the Hospital pls dont let it catch fire because if you have the helicopter on top it catches fire and blows up.

thx

When you make the Hospital pls dont let it catch fire because if you have the helicopter on top it catches fire and blows up.

thx

move the helicopter away from there while there is a fire at the hospital to avoid that problem :)