Hoppah

Project: New Freeplaymap

What if you make these firestations spawnpoints? I mean, use the buildings in multiplayer, and when someone calls out the vehicle, it rolls out the firestations and likewise returns. It would look cool, but you would not have to hassle with the ownership-conflicts.

Martihjn is also working on cars for the mod, but yes some of the new vehicles will be smashed to make unique accidents, in all their purty glory they will be smashed up=)

lol dutch names are hard, :P

this map will be great

(litle sugestion: maybe create 2 versions of the fire stations: 1 with open house for freeplay, and 1 without openhouse so it is compactible for multiplayer)

Hey, give me credit for trying=)

The only way that the Firehouse could work maybe would be to make ONE of them serve the purpose, but even then it would probrably just result in lag unfortunately... The PD and Hospital I have a feeling would cause lag drops and other glitches that would ruin the online experience since it is possible to slow down my computer through stupid behavior with those scripts, online they would be fatal errors... Chances are it is safer to just use something more similar to the default script, perhaps we can have the vehicles return to these bases, but they would not really be used as they are in the single player version.. If they were, chances are we can deliberately cause lag drops thru stupid behavior, deliberate or not. Let us deal with one thing at a time, perhaps we can try to tinker with them in testing to see if they don't do it, but I am betting that we can cause crashes without even meaning to with those scripts. It has to do with how em4 handles scripts unfortunately we can't change that:(

Guest NPD-Traffic

Amazing i love the new theme this current one is a bit boring only very few buildings accessable im hoping for this one to be a bit more realistic where more buildings can be entered and the calls i cant wait to see how they look :)

Guest marcus_5015

Best, HOPPAH,

as previously mentioned i am a firefighter from south africa,

i would like to deeply extend my gratitude for your work on a excelent mod and now on your work in progress.

I know u said no sugestions, but you would make me happy like you wont know if u can do this for me, instead of the fire fighters runing into the "engine room" (were the fire aparatus are parked at station),

would it be possible to make the fire fighters slide down a pole as in real life to where the engines are.

if not i understand, just would make for drooling type reality.

PLEASE i understand no suggestions but this is the ultimate in realism

yours truly

marc du plessis

Best, HOPPAH,

as previously mentioned i am a firefighter from south africa,

i would like to deeply extend my gratitude for your work on a excelent mod and now on your work in progress.

I know u said no sugestions, but you would make me happy like you wont know if u can do this for me, instead of the fire fighters runing into the "engine room" (were the fire aparatus are parked at station),

would it be possible to make the fire fighters slide down a pole as in real life to where the engines are.

if not i understand, just would make for drooling type reality.

PLEASE i understand no suggestions but this is the ultimate in realism

yours truly

marc du plessis

Im not sure, but I don't think they do that in L.A.

I'm sure it would be possible, but that would be a good bit of work to have the animation textures for fireifghters not in bunker gear to run and get in bunker gear, not to mention the time it would take to make all the new models, and the fact that the open part of station one is only one story. Even if you didn't have the fire fighters change, don't you think it would look funny to have a HAZMAT firefighter slide down a pole?

Guest MonkeySquasher

Actually, almost no one uses poles anymore. They're mostly been deemed unsafe and insurance companies want nothing to do with it. Two of the older Niagara Falls NY stations have poles, and they're not supposed to use them. FDNY has poles and still uses them in some stations, but I think that's more because they're stubborn than for convenience.. ;)

But as someone else said, LA doesn't do it, plus I doubt Hoppah has the time for it. He'd rather put 10 hours into the map than 10 hours into creating something just for eye candy.

@ Hoppah and Mike.

Thanks for the updates and all your hard work. I can't wait to play this map, which I'll only be able to do if digital river will give me a new download activation key (I got a new PC, Installed 911:FR again, then installed 64bit Vista and tried to install 911:FR again but no go).

Oh and if your taking up the idea of the memorial here's another to view;

http://www.strathclydefire.org/about/citizen.asp

Zeb

Guest Taylor
Actually, almost no one uses poles anymore. They're mostly been deemed unsafe and insurance companies want nothing to do with it. Two of the older Niagara Falls NY stations have poles, and they're not supposed to use them. FDNY has poles and still uses them in some stations, but I think that's more because they're stubborn than for convenience.. ;)

But as someone else said, LA doesn't do it, plus I doubt Hoppah has the time for it. He'd rather put 10 hours into the map than 10 hours into creating something just for eye candy.

One of my firefighter friends was showing us around the station. He showed us where he had a pole in his station, but too many guys were sliding down it, having fun, and I think the Chief or Capt. said, enough is enough.

No new bases, for the frequency you use the vehicles in question it would be totally impractical to take the space for their storage on site... That is the main reason a technical storage lot was never done, it generally does not come into play enough to really necessitate them taking space on the map, which unfortunately all three groups would take a great deal.

Guest Zohar

Hello,

I can make car accidents for the new freeplay map if you wish,

I am good at adding the small details ( glass, skids, placement, civilians struck)

I can show you examples if you wish, hope to help, thanks.

firemanangel2.jpg

Made out of ice, I believe up in Canada. I saw it in the paper.

Fallen Officer memorial for the state of Florida.

memorial-03.jpg

The Sgt. Chris Reyka memorial ride was up there a couple weeks ago. I help out, and did the list of police/sheriff departments they visited.

notice the american flag. im pretty sure its not from canada

Besides some objects and a few new buildings there won't be alot of new models in the first release of the map (also a beta release). I am trying to release this map as soon as possible. Creating new models take a lot of time and are not really necessary now. The map will be improved later by replacing buildings and objects. :)

Besides some objects and a few new buildings there won't be alot of new models in the first release of the map (also a beta release). I am trying to release this map as soon as possible. Creating new models take a lot of time and are not really necessary now. The map will be improved later by replacing buildings and objects. :)

I agree, can't wait for the map to be released.

All these suggestions could get added after the map is out and released when they have time, like Hoppah said, I would not worry about making any new models for the map until the release of the map and the major bugs get fixed.

would love that!!

but he has said no new stations so i think it wont be there :1046276372_bawling:

i always make my own in the editor in woods map

Never thought abou that. Thanks for the idea. Although there was a good point by Hoopah that FBI and Army serve little use, but I may add an FBI. Would you mind pming me some screen shots for ideas(as to not hijack the thread)?

No new bases, for the frequency you use the vehicles in question it would be totally impractical to take the space for their storage on site... That is the main reason a technical storage lot was never done, it generally does not come into play enough to really necessitate them taking space on the map, which unfortunately all three groups would take a great deal.

I would have to disagree on the tech thing to some extent. For me broken hydrants seem to happen very often, and any time a wreck or car fire happens a tow truck is needed. However with there being a need for more then one tow truck alot of times I can see where the station would be a bit impractical, and of course Coast Gaurd and the Pontton Bridge arent really needed in the freeplay events anyways.

All the same keep up the good work! Not sure where your thread about new recks are mikey, but I was wondering if you plan on putting any wrecks involving emergencey personel in to the new map?

What I meant is even in deluxe with the fire hydrants you don't generally unless you are foolish run the risk of damaging/losing vehicles tech personnel, so you can bring them on the map and park them at a station and be completely fine, you don't really NEED them to have their own compound, and tow trucks unfortuantely are pretty big and would take a great deal of space, yeah the accidents will generally need at least 2-4 tows to clean up... but it's easy enough to order them since they are NOT priority items, ems/fire/police are time-critical. Coast Guard, Bridge, and even the cranes are not needed too often which is why I see no reason to clutter the map with them.

As for the accidents, I will probrably be damaging some patrol cars, but I don't know about that, fire engines and ambulances could be wrecked but in my opinion it would not add much, far more useful to make the new american traffic cars get smashed up here and there merely by personal preference... Since generally it's all about which ones will look the nicest turned into piles of carnage=)