Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod Bugs

Guest mfddan
Unfortunately yes. I haven't been able to fix it yet.

Hoopah,

Thanks for the reply. I love your gated wye. I use it quite often. I'll wait patiently for the fix.

Dan

Try doing it again, that bug was reported... Did you download the newest patch? If so, and it is still happening, then it might be one of those "can't be fixed" bugs

Well i downloaded the latest patch, LA MOD v 1.8.1

I guess it cant be fixed then lol

Thanks anyway

For mission 3 in LA mod, the bomb squad units cant pick up the suitcase after it has been disabled so i cant complete the mission! AArrgh lol

Any ideas how to get past it as i wanna carry on the rest of the missions

Thanks

Yes, that's a bug and has to do with the game and not the mod.

To fix it simply restart the game + mod and start the mission.

Playing freeplay or another mission before this mission causes that bug.

Same thing for closing the canister in mission 2.

edit: Added unfixable bugs and other strange occasions to the first post of this topic

Unfixable bugs:

- Mission 2: Canister sometimes can't be closed (restarting the game fixes it)

- Mission 3: Bomb Squad cannot pick up the briefcase (restarting the game fixes it)

- Sometimes, the wye cannot be picked up, the fireman disappears and nothing else happens.

Strange occasions (often reported as bugs, but cannot or won't be changed):

- Vehicles on patrol ignore traffic lights

- The watercannon of parked fire engines in one of the fire stations will shoot through the roof of the fire station when a fire is in its vicinity.

- When personnel of the third parked ambulance (fire station 1) exits the vehicle they sometimes appear outside of the fire station.

Guest Mav1701

I ran into a weird thing, not sure you can do anything about it though. This was in freeplay

Something caught the hospital on fire near the ambulance bay. An ambulance pulled in to drop of a patient. The stretcher guys immediately start taking fire damage but make it inside the doors. Then they collapse and drop the patient. My patient count goes up 2. The engine arrives and puts out the fire. I bring 3 paramedics.

There is no way to reach them. If you leave them standing there they'll auto treat of course, and I can click N drag and get the paramedics out, but there is no way to click on the patients with a stretcher or fireman to carry them out because they're inside the doors and hidden, even in the lowest camera angle.

Needless to say I had to reload a save.

That's another thing.

In mission three the one with the suicide bomber, (I must addmit that was a good idea, it scared the shit out of me, I hadden't expected it.) I accidentaly failed, and armed with t he new knowladge I clicked repeat mission. The game crashed. I figured it was isolated but I tried it by forcing a fail on every mission, and every time I repeated the game crashed.

And the hospital is the buggiest building ever, sorry Hoppah, but random criminals will appear there, and I can't get to them, due to the trees, arsons will stay there, it will catch on fire without the mission thing saying. "OH SHIT A FIRE" ect.

That's another thing.

In mission three the one with the suicide bomber, (I must addmit that was a good idea, it scared the shit out of me, I hadden't expected it.) I accidentaly failed, and armed with t he new knowladge I clicked repeat mission. The game crashed. I figured it was isolated but I tried it by forcing a fail on every mission, and every time I repeated the game crashed.

And the hospital is the buggiest building ever, sorry Hoppah, but random criminals will appear there, and I can't get to them, due to the trees, arsons will stay there, it will catch on fire without the mission thing saying. "OH SHIT A FIRE" ect.

I guess that happens on the normal freeplay (not the Deluxe one)? Can you make some screenshots the next time? Well, they shouldn't go around the building. Arsonists and hooligans set things on fire without a warning.

I can't really do much about the mission crashes. At least they only seem to crash when you repeat them, not when you are already in the middle of one.

I guess that happens on the normal freeplay (not the Deluxe one)? Can you make some screenshots the next time? Well, they shouldn't go around the building. Arsonists and hooligans set things on fire without a warning.

I can't really do much about the mission crashes. At least they only seem to crash when you repeat them, not when you are already in the middle of one.

Yeah it wasn't on Deluxe, and I will get some pics for you.

Hey I have V. 1.8.1 and I notice that my police cars take a couple of minutes to respond to my "patrol" commands and when I dispatch fire vehicles they have a tendency to stop halfway to the fire for a couple of minutes also then continue. Is there any way to fix this? :1046274283_heul: