Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod Bugs

If you have found a bug in the LA mod please report it here.

You can find a list with all reported and confirmed bugs below:

Bugs in v1.8:

- SCBA firefighters can't enter LAX Crash Tender.

- Mission 8: Convoy can get redirected by vehicles with directional lights on.

- Command 'Deploy SWAT' command doesn't work in multiplayer (not confirmed yet)

- Multiplayer: Crash when selecting FBI agents (not confirmed yet)

Mission patch bugs:

- FBI SUV and FBI Mobile Command Vehicle are missing in freeplay. 08/15/09: Fixed in new version of mission patch

Unfixable bugs:

- MP5, M4a1 and PSG-1 fire through objects.

- Mission 2: Canister sometimes can't be closed (restarting the game will fix it)

- Mission 3: Bomb Squad cannot pick up the briefcase (restarting the game will fix it)

- Sometimes, the wye cannot be picked up, the fireman disappears and nothing else happens.

Strange occasions (often reported as bugs, but cannot or won't be changed):

- Vehicles on patrol ignore traffic lights

- The watercannon of parked fire engines in one of the fire stations shoots through the roof of the fire station when a fire is in its vicinity.

- When personnel of the third parked ambulance (fire station 1) exits the vehicle they sometimes appear outside of the fire station.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit 26/05/09. Mod package updated to v1.8.1 with the following fixed bugs:

- When you sound the alarm at the second fire station the doors do not open automatically.

- Problems with deploying bulldozer in missions with the Transaid plane.

- Command 'Sirens' is missing icon for the cursor.

- USAR and HAZMAT Squad can be sent into fire station with their light mast raised.

- HAZMAT Squad gives error messages when it is sent to fire station with civilians inside.

- FBI Mobile Command Vehicle does not heal people who have entered the vehicle anymore.

- Equipment doors of FBI SUV open the wrong way.

- Command 'Go to police station' might crash.

The updated package does not include the LA Mod music anymore (information). If you have downloaded v1.8 mod before 05/26/09 you might need to install this patch which fixes the same bugs as mentioned above.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoppah

Guest MonkeySquasher

I was just playing some missions again, and Mission 19, Collision at the Airport... My ladder truck won't set up to the aircraft properly. It will deploy, but isn't close enough for my men to get off onto the wrecked airplane to rescue people.

Note, I haven't installed 1.8 yet, so I'm not sure if this was fixed with the patch.

Any ideas?

I was just playing some missions again, and Mission 19, Collision at the Airport... My ladder truck won't set up to the aircraft properly. It will deploy, but isn't close enough for my men to get off onto the wrecked airplane to rescue people.

Note, I haven't installed 1.8 yet, so I'm not sure if this was fixed with the patch.

Any ideas?

No support will be given to versions earlier than the latest released. So install version 1.8 first.

Place your ladder truck even closer to the aircraft, before deploying the struts. After repositioning, deploy the struts.

The FBI MCV doesen't seem to be healing people inside of it. See screens below.

At 8:02 the FBI agent has low health before getting in the MCV.

em42009010314191426hd2.th.jpg

He gets in at 8:04

em42009010314192121dn1.th.jpg

At 8:25 the FBI agent's health is still where it was.

em42009010314201803ea7.th.jpg

When he gets out his health is where it started at.

em42009010314203603rc4.th.jpg

EDIT: If the injured personnel are in the deployed MCV and you undeploy it and redeploy it, they are healed exactly how they should be.

i only saw one and it was that sometimes when i send the pumper from station two back to the station it goes to station one instead of two but i love the crane :laugh:

This is not really a bug, it is how the scipt works, it sends the vehicle to open parking spaces, IF station one happens to be open I believe it will send the vehicle there sometimes, it has to do with the fact that the prototypes are exactly the same, there is no special prototype to differentiate.

Heavy Rescue Crane IS available under Fire Equiptment.

Mission-19 =Not our fault, that is a GAME bug with ladder apparatus, so you just have to try to get the vehicle in the right position to work, it sucks yes but that is not our fault, the original ladder does not behave well.

i only saw one and it was that sometimes when i send the pumper from station two back to the station it goes to station one instead of two but i love the crane :laugh:

Cant find new heavy rescue crane in freeplay with 1.8 mission patch (911 First Responders)

not in fire units or tech units

please help

Heavy rescue is in freeplay without 1.8 mission patch

There were a ton of minor tweaks to 1.8 so make most of the "bugs" found are not technically bugs, the only one i've seen that might actually be true (have not tried myself) is the mission patch, it is possible that something was forgotten to make the vehicle available in the changes... If I can get around to it I will try to check into that one.

The Heavy Rescue being backwards you will have to clarify what you mean by that NFK, we have tested that vehicle pretty thoroughly and at times it will DRIVE backwards when you try moving it in tight places like most of the chubby vehicles do, so I'd like more info before I can tell you whether or not that is a real bug or something about your computer. For the most part though it behaves just fine. There is one thing I am thinking of that made that vehicle functional that might not be cooperative on slower machines, but I am not sure of your details so I will leave it alone for now.

Well I was using 1.7, and had jaws so thats news to me, thanks. (thought 1.8 was the same.)

Eng 1 and 2 when ff are sent to get cutters or spreaders, they want to run somewhere else.

thats because the cutters werent put in engine 1 or 2

you can use the editer and change the traits of the engines to have the cutters

I searched and couldn't find any mention of this. When In multiplayer, the pedestrians line up blocking streets and preventing responses, patrols, and transportation, any ways to fix this?

The FBI MCV doesen't seem to be healing people inside of it. See screens below.

Is that vehicle supposed to works as an MCU? I thought it was just a command centre where agents could get extra equipment.

if it does work as an MCU (haven't used it yet in version 1.8), maybe you need to let a doctor get in as well cause that is needed with the normal MCU to.

greetz,

Edited by pyrothijs

Guest SeanTate

Heavy Rescue 56 Disapered While playing Multiplayer, After moving a vehicle with the crane the Sending it back to base, It turned invisible, And never returned, It stayed on the vehicle selection menu as deployd, I purcased only one

Guest daanvlek

In freeplay, the autosiren on my system appears to be defective. If I select a vehicle and send it somewhere the lights and sirens don't come on. If manually switched on the siren remains on when on scene.

Regards, Daniël

Game Glitch, try to replicate it before ya call in a bug please, if you can't manage to make the same thing happen twice in a row before you call it a bug, please don't call it a bug. Chances are this is due to either a game glitch or lag. I know how the prototype works and IF you lagged at the time the script for it was running it never finished....

Heavy Rescue 56 Disapered While playing Multiplayer, After moving a vehicle with the crane the Sending it back to base, It turned invisible, And never returned, It stayed on the vehicle selection menu as deployd, I purcased only one