Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod Bugs

I've said this somewhere else, make the log-file Read-Only under properties, it usually helps stop that. This has happened to me for a while now, it has something to do with memory being wasted writing to the logfile instead of being used for your multiplayer game. We had to do this as well to test the 1.8 functionalities online, otherwise we had a ton of CTD's.

For some reason, Unknown to me, EM4 Crashes at Random times During Multiplayer. This has only happend since I Upgraded to Version 1.8

Guest SeanTate
I've said this somewhere else, make the log-file Read-Only under properties, it usually helps stop that. This has happened to me for a while now, it has something to do with memory being wasted writing to the logfile instead of being used for your multiplayer game. We had to do this as well to test the 1.8 functionalities online, otherwise we had a ton of CTD's.

Sorry, I didnt see that before and Can do. Where is this log file for me to Edit?

Game Glitch, try to replicate it before ya call in a bug please, if you can't manage to make the same thing happen twice in a row before you call it a bug, please don't call it a bug. Chances are this is due to either a game glitch or lag. I know how the prototype works and IF you lagged at the time the script for it was running it never finished....

It also happened to me while playing multiplayer. There's also another bug in multiplayer. When you press the 'Rapid Deployment' button for the SWAT Truck/s, the SWAT guys disappear. Don't know if I ever reported it but this happened before 1.8 came out, don't know if you removed the button or not.

Off topic: Mike, why are your quotes placed at the bottom and not the top? Just curious.

Not sure if its a HUGE thing, but when the ALS RA (red) is empty, you can click on it to turn on the spotlights, it only shows a red 'do not enter' type sign, the spotlights still work but the icon is missing

Got the same thing, but i don't care about it.

EDIT:

The HAZMAT squad vehicle can set up lightmast when the vehicle is in station(same for USAR squad)

Not sure if its a HUGE thing, but when the ALS RA (red) is empty, you can click on it to turn on the spotlights, it only shows a red 'do not enter' type sign, the spotlights still work but the icon is missing

It's not huge. The command is missing the icon for the cursor. Normally, the most prioritized command is the 'Empty car' command. When the vehicle is already empty it looks for the next command with the highest priority. If I'm not wrong it's the Siren command we're talking about.

It also happened to me while playing multiplayer. There's also another bug in multiplayer. When you press the 'Rapid Deployment' button for the SWAT Truck/s, the SWAT guys disappear. Don't know if I ever reported it but this happened before 1.8 came out, don't know if you removed the button or not.

Off topic: Mike, why are your quotes placed at the bottom and not the top? Just curious.

Will fix that for the next version. It was wasn't reported before I think. :)

The HAZMAT squad vehicle can set up lightmast when the vehicle is in station(same for USAR squad)

Already mentioned in the first post. Forgot to fix it for v1.8. It's not a big deal.

We will check into this one in MP, the heavy rescue thing I think was a glitch from lag, but we'll double theck it anyway.

The reason your quotes go underneath is my personal preference, nothing more.... Permits those who have no clue what I am writing to respond to, to have an easier time of seeing it without scanning the post while those that already can take the hint of what I am speaking about already have the clue and can just get to reading what I have to say. Merely my personal preference, nothng more, nothing less :)

The Swat thing is slow to begin with sometimes, that is the problem with these types of scripts, they rely on everything being permitted to run as they are supposed to in order to work, if you interfere you can easilly abruptly terminate the script or change the "rule" that is associated with it and cause it to stop. I played one MP game where I had that heavy rescue all over the place all 3 hrs long (never returned it to base till the end and I am pretty sure it did NOT do what you guys complain it did).

Two things. First I have an update on the FBI MCV bug. If the injured personnel are in the deployed MCV and you undeploy it and redeploy it, they are healed exactly how they should be.

Second, I got a game crash when I emptied FS1 with a FF/EMT carrying a injured person in the garage. Not a big deal but I thought I would let you know.

Guest MCFD 24

I got a script error message when i was useing a chief in freeplay. i called a als medic then a second right after and got some kind of battalion chief message.

I got a script error message when i was useing a chief in freeplay. i called a als medic then a second right after and got some kind of battalion chief message.

Thanks, will double check it and see if I can fix it. :)

Having a problem with 2nd mission ff/hazmat cant close canister and there are no mission objectives

tried reinstalling mod and restarting game still doesnt work

The bug I found in V1.8 is when I was playing freeplay,I got an error message saying,"error script police station 1" I'm not sure if that is the exact words in the error message,I was wondering if I can get any help?

The bug I found in V1.8 is when I was playing freeplay,I got an error message saying,"error script police station 1" I'm not sure if that is the exact words in the error message,I was wondering if I can get any help?

Try to replicate the error. What did you do? (or when did it exactly happen?) Then post the logfile here, otherwise I can't really fix it.

are this also a bug??

Yes, did that happen in multiplayer?

And also, what are your computer specs? The vehicle has been tested quite thoroughly and I think lag caused this problem.

Either by a bad online connection or an old computer.

Otherwise it might be an error in one of the scripts. What you're seeing is the model that spawns when you deploy the heavy crane.

I had to do that to make a working reversed crane. The old model should be deleted and that didn't happen in your screenshot.

Because I already suspected problems like this, I will never make a reversed Ladder vehicle for the mod.

the dot of the LAFD Heavy Rescue on the radar is blue instead of red

Is not a bug and can't be changed/fixed either. The dots are connected to the vehicle types. The Heavy Rescue has the vehicletype of the crane (FGRR) and that one belongs to the TEC vehicles (=blue dots). :)

Hoppah

i have a problem with mine. i was in game and at the beggining of the game when i would arrest someone i could put them into the police car and take them to the police station. by the end of the game when i clicked the police station button an error message would come up saying that the script for the police station is unavailable. this happened for the lapd patrol car and chp charger. those are the only ones i was using. it would not crash the game but i couldnt continue cuz the mission would eventually fail after the set time of completion(i was playing freeplay). i have made light editing on all my main police cars, fire trucks and ambulances for 1.8 but i never changed any commands. could someone please help me out?...after readin the bugs i think i have the same bug as antonio

I had the same error, mine was caused by the pd car not fully parked at the station so the perp wouldnt get out, so i clicked the go to pd station button again then i got the error and hit ignore, I sent the car back out into the street and hit the command again, I think the error is caused by the game responding to the go to station command while the vehicle is trying to follow that command the first time