ShaneGreen

Submod: Additional LAPD Patrol Units, Fire and Ambulance Changes

shane, any news on the release of the Fire Captain?

Hi Pearl 71,

I have the Fire Captain up and running in my private mod at this stage, addition to submod will be dependant on permission from Hoppah. I will contact him however I am sure that our poor creator is being bombarded with pms at the moment, so it may take some time.

In the meantime, here is a little teaser; an ingame screenshot of command post at incident with Battalion Chief, EMS Captain and 2 Fire Captains.

Enjoy :bia:

Take care

Shane

post-754-1254400654.jpg

Hi Pearl 71,

I have the Fire Captain up and running in my private mod at this stage, addition to submod will be dependant on permission from Hoppah. I will contact him however I am sure that our poor creator is being bombarded with pms at the moment, so it may take some time.

In the meantime, here is a little teaser; an ingame screenshot of command post at incident with Battalion Chief, EMS Captain and 2 Fire Captains.

Take care

Shane

LOVE IT! great job! really hope to see it released! :cheers-mate:

also, donno how hard it would be, but can the captain also function as a firefighter? put an airpack on and such? if he can might be better to have him wearing bunker pants like the normal firefighters, just something to make him different from the EMS Captain...

thanks again ! love your work!

hows work coming on the additional units mod?

can you explain me the role of the captain ? is it in all engine ?

basically the same functions as a bc, but *hopefully* can also do everything to *to an extent* as a firefighter, like fight fire, put on an airpack, and so fourth, its a realism thing, so u can have a command office on all calls without having to call the BC everywhere, and it'll be on each engine and the tiller/tower.

mainly its a realism thing so if u get an unknown type fire, u can send the closest engine and then if it turns out to be like a block fire, u can order in a light force and then roll your BC as well.

LOVE IT! great job! really hope to see it released! :cheers-mate:

also, donno how hard it would be, but can the captain also function as a firefighter? put an airpack on and such? if he can might be better to have him wearing bunker pants like the normal firefighters, just something to make him different from the EMS Captain...

thanks again ! love your work!

hows work coming on the additional units mod?

Hi Pearl71,

Thanks for the interest. Unfortunately, due to the limit on the number of commands each unit can have, we have to choose either the call unit commands or firefighter functions. We can't have both :nein: .

The difference between the EMS Captain and FF Captain is not clear in the screenshot I posted, the EMS Captain has EM on the helmet and PARAMEDIC on the back of turnout coat, while the FF Captain has C on the helmet and CAPTAIN on the back of the turnout coat.

The work on the additional units mod is coming along.

Take care

Shane

well to keep the use of the BC, why not have it so the captain can only call an als ambulance, and an als engine, and then give him the abilitity to be a firefighter... say, remove the call helicopter function and hazmat.

i'd really love to atleast have him be able to put an airpack on... know what i meen? because captain are considered "working officers" so they should be able to atleast enter the "hot zone" to supervise the regular firefighters.... i know iam asking a lot

Yes you can make the stretcher team drop the stretcher. I don't know if you can in the LA Mod but it is possible.

The BLS FF/EMT's drop their stretcher to treat a persons, but they can still only be selected as one unit. The EM3 LA MOD did had that function. Some German EM4 mods still have that function. It basicly works by letting the two medics enter the ambulance, removing them and then spawning the paramedics with a stretcher (or vice versa).

Guest ExplorerMike
Hi all,

AMR Ambulances are now available for download for v1.9

- for stand alone install to a clean copy of Los Angeles Mod v1.9 and v1.9.1

Installation is simple.

Must have an unchanged version of Los Angeles Mod v1.9

(if you have made changes to your version of the mod then these files may need to be altered to include your changes in order for those changes to continue to work)

Suitable for Emergency 4 / Emergency 4 Deluxe / Emergency 4 Gold / 911 First Responders

After unziping folder named Los Angeles Mod v1.9, copy the contents to your installation of Los Angeles Mod v1.9 located in your C:/..../Emergency4/mods.

Allow to overwrite existing files.

Start the game, and off you go.

Take care : :D

Shane

Can we install this with the verison 1.9 and what file do i replace it with? Or do i just put it in the Los angeles file?

Can we install this with the verison 1.9 and what file do i replace it with? Or do i just put it in the Los angeles file?

Hi ExplorerMike,

:welcome:

The AMR ambulance addition has been redone for v1.9. All you need to do is download the file and extract the contents from the zip file.

You will find inside the extracted folder a folder called "Los Angeles Mod v1.9", just copy that file and write over the top of the Los Angeles Mod v1.9 in your Emergency 4/911 First Responders mod folder. Allow it to overwrite existing files and it will make the necessary changes to include the AMR ambulances as 2 extra units in the mod.

Hope you enjoy

Take care

Shane

for now, the ready packages for 1.9 are only the 2 AMR Ambulances, u can add the entire mod, but you will need to do some scripting work

Sorry, but I have one more question, I have all of the v1.9 patches, and after I copied the folder and followed the rest of the instructions. I load the LA Mod 1.9 with the AMR ambulance mod, in game or in editor and it says something along the lines of there is an error in the script with 3 options at the bottom.

1. Abort

2. Retry

3. Ignore

Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong.

If it make a difference, I downloaded the mod onto my MacBook, put the folder on a Sony USB Flash drive, put the flash drive into my gaming computer, and installed the files from there. Thanks

Hi all,

I have recently had several enquiries regarding some alterations to the police and ambulance units. The latest version is based on Hoppah's Los Angeles Mod v1.8

Hoppah has been kind enough to allow me to release these changes for those that wish to use them.

I have made up a zip file in the appropriate format so that once unzipped it can be copied directly into the Los Angeles Mod v1.7 folder (file size is about 1.2mb zip).

I have included all necessary changes to LA siren script, potraits, info, spec files, etc. to ensure that the units operate fully within the game (freeplay, multiplayer, missions)

* CURRENT RELEASE * for Los Angeles Mod v1.8

post-754-1251461190_thumb.jpg post-754-1251461217_thumb.jpg

Currently, this submod will add the vehicles as shown above.

V 1.9 Pending

Note: from 28th August 2009 all downloads of the main Submod will include the both AMR Private Ambulances and still include Vintage and LAX ambulances.

Install Variations - below must have the main submod installed first

LAPD_Non_Sequential_Numbers.rar - changes LAPD car numbers to non sequential (Crown Vic 107, 126,145,174,192, Slicktop 302 and LAPD Charger 513) ... numbers courtesy of zootoo63

EMS_SUV.rar - for those who wish to have the EMS SUV 1 and 2, (same as Battalion Chief except has EMS on side and Paramedic on rear) instead of the EMS Crown Vic Sedan.

AMR Ambulances are now available for download for v1.9

post-754-1254006963.jpg

AMR_Ambulance_standalone_v1.9.zip - for stand alone install to a clean copy of Los Angeles Mod v1.9 and v1.9.1

Installation is simple.

Must have an unchanged version of Los Angeles Mod v1.9

(if you have made changes to your version of the mod then these files may need to be altered to include your changes in order for those changes to continue to work)

Suitable for Emergency 4 / Emergency 4 Deluxe / Emergency 4 Gold / 911 First Responders

After unziping folder named Los Angeles Mod v1.9, copy the contents to your installation of Los Angeles Mod v1.9 located in your C:/..../Emergency4/mods.

Allow to overwrite existing files.

Start the game, and off you go.

Take care : :D

Shane

Is there a way to install the submod AMR units for those of us who have altered the Mod 1.9?

Yes. You will have to manually edit the scripts that the mod would replace.

Which scripts would I have to replace?

(I have installed it before and discovered that I needed to re-configure both the freeplaybase and fparamendless files.)