w00d

Submod: New Freeplay map v1.2 Released!

Guest GB619
A version with fixed paths is waiting for approvel in the download centre atm.

Edit

I decided to take a look at changing the paths myself and after reading the instructions posted earlier,i have done the firestation ones,found one

on the highway,i also removed the road works on the highway,and the road works that were trafiic light controlled,you know the ones where the

traffic gets jammed up,that was tricky as i had to level the ground,also removed the traffic lights and wait boxes,im no expert but just searching

on the forums and trying things im self fixing stuff,also removed the accident under the bridge as this also caused a headache,and moved the

injured person that was under wall at hospital so you can see her,the suicide in water is tricky as it does not show,lol,but at least wOOds map

runs better now,im not moaning as i could not build a map,and i now see how long it takes to edit maps so fair play to the guys that build these

maps i have full respect for you all

Edit

I decided to take a look at changing the paths myself and after reading the instructions posted earlier,i have done the firestation ones,found one

on the highway,i also removed the road works on the highway,and the road works that were trafiic light controlled,you know the ones where the

traffic gets jammed up,that was tricky as i had to level the ground,also removed the traffic lights and wait boxes,im no expert but just searching

on the forums and trying things im self fixing stuff,also removed the accident under the bridge as this also caused a headache,and moved the

injured person that was under wall at hospital so you can see her,the suicide in water is tricky as it does not show,lol,but at least wOOds map

runs better now,im not moaning as i could not build a map,and i now see how long it takes to edit maps so fair play to the guys that build these

maps i have full respect for you all

Lol, I messed around with the same stuff you did except the construction and the accident under bridge. I just got tired of not being able to complete mission with the person in wall and I let the suicide person die but since I figured out how to edit the map, I moved them where I could see the person.

I have tried downloading it and i can't extract the files from the .rar folder

Has anybody else had the same problem?

EDIT: I thought you meant the submod freeplay map. I didn't know that someone completed the pathing issues with the map on here yet.

HELLO ALL, I AM A NEW MEMBER AND I AM TRYING TO USE THE NEW FREEPLAY MAP VERSION 1.2. I READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS BUT I AM NOT SURE HOW TO OVERWRITE THE OLDER FILES. I HAVE 911FR VERSION AND ALL OF HOPPAH'S MODS. IF THIS IS THE WRONG PLACE TO ASK, LET ME KNOW AND SORRY ABOUT THIS. I LOVE THIS GAME AND CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF IT!

HELLO ALL, I AM A NEW MEMBER AND I AM TRYING TO USE THE NEW FREEPLAY MAP VERSION 1.2. I READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS BUT I AM NOT SURE HOW TO OVERWRITE THE OLDER FILES. I HAVE 911FR VERSION AND ALL OF HOPPAH'S MODS. IF THIS IS THE WRONG PLACE TO ASK, LET ME KNOW AND SORRY ABOUT THIS. I LOVE THIS GAME AND CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF IT!

First of all; :welcome: Second, please don't type in caps, it makes it seem like you're yelling, and people don't like being yelled at. Your point gets across fine without. Third, you need to download both the floor texture, and the map itself. When you download, click save, and put them into your documents. After downloading, unzip the files with WinZip or something similar. After that, move the files into the folder C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.8\Maps or similar. The three files you need to move in are:

1) newfreeplay.eft

2) freeplay.e4m

3) freeplay.dds

You need to overwrite the old freeplay.e4m and freeplay.dds

Does this help?

First of all; :welcome: Second, please don't type in caps, it makes it seem like you're yelling, and people don't like being yelled at. Your point gets across fine without. Third, you need to download both the floor texture, and the map itself. When you download, click save, and put them into your documents. After downloading, unzip the files with WinZip or something similar. After that, move the files into the folder C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.8\Maps or similar. The three files you need to move in are:

1) newfreeplay.eft

2) freeplay.e4m

3) freeplay.dds

You need to overwrite the old freeplay.e4m and freeplay.dds

Does this help?

Sorry about the caps, i didn't realize that. I'll try it again. Maybe i am putting it in the wrong place.

For this map on the non-Duluxe version of Emergency 4 are there any events that need the HAZMAT? I know on the original map if there was a fire at the docks you needed HAZMAT and on the Duluxe version of this there is a contaminated cloud event but are there any for the standard version on this map?

I did a search and found nothing so sorry if this has been covered.

Many thanks,

The OCD

Guest GB619
For this map on the non-Duluxe version of Emergency 4 are there any events that need the HAZMAT? I know on the original map if there was a fire at the docks you needed HAZMAT and on the Duluxe version of this there is a contaminated cloud event but are there any for the standard version on this map?

I did a search and found nothing so sorry if this has been covered.

Many thanks,

The OCD

The poisonous cloud only occurs if the docks factory or the oil depot to the far north catch fire,there are no radioactive/bird flu or any other poisonous cloud events in the UK version of EM4,you will see if you use wOOds map that also you get defective hydrants,but you cant fix these if you have the UK version

At one time there was talk of releasing the deluxe version of EM4 in the UK,but so far they have not,hope this answers your question

The poisonous cloud only occurs if the docks factory or the oil depot to the far north catch fire,there are no radioactive/bird flu or any other poisonous cloud events in the UK version of EM4,you will see if you use wOOds map that also you get defective hydrants,but you cant fix these if you have the UK version

At one time there was talk of releasing the deluxe version of EM4 in the UK,but so far they have not,hope this answers your question

Thanks for the reply.

Open the editor: Load the mod, Open the map, which would be Freeplay.e4m for 911/EM4 or DFreeplay.e4m for Deluxe.

Press F-9 and then you will see the spawn points and paths show up:

Change the Interval Value, a lower value increases the frequency I believe, adjust the Interval around on the vehicle spawns listed in the menu and then SAVE THE MAP under the MAP menu and exit out and test it, if it is correct then more vehicles should load on the map, do this very very slowly and back up your files before you tamper with them just in case it causes undesired results in the process of tampering with it.

Copy the .e4m file you alter somewhere else prior to changing ANYTHING.

That should do it for you, good luck.