w00d

Submod: New Freeplay map v1.2 Released!

can anyone help me out im trying to download the new map floor and the other file but every time i unzip the file a message come up that say unkwonw file choose propper program to open or use the web to find the proper program ?????

Guest GB619
can anyone help me out im trying to download the new map floor and the other file but every time i unzip the file a message come up that say unkwonw file choose propper program to open or use the web to find the proper program ?????

Open the zip files and follow instructions below

Goto my computer C/ProgramFiles/Wizard works/911 first responders/mods/Lamod1.8/maps

Drop the downloaded files in the map folder and it should ask if you want to overwrite them,just say yes and it should be fine

If you have EM4 uk version then the you navigate to

C/ProgramFiles/sixteen tons entertainment/EM4/Mods/Lamod1.8/Maps

You must download the program called WinRAR. Its completely Free but after 40 days, it will annoy you and ask you to buy full version, but you don't have to. Here is the link to the download page and scroll down to the 3.80 because I'm sure you don't want beta lol. Choose your language and either 32 bit or 64 bit. http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Hope this helps.

ok i downloaded the winrar program and now i get a message saying " windows can not open this file:file: newfreeplaymap.eft to open this file windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. windows can go online to look it up automatically or you can select from a list of programs that are installed on yo computer"

ok i downloaded the winrar program and now i get a message saying " windows can not open this file:file: newfreeplaymap.eft to open this file windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. windows can go online to look it up automatically or you can select from a list of programs that are installed on yo computer"

Are you trying to open the actual file 'newfreeplaymap.eft'?

What you need to do is download the file, select the open with WinRAR. When WinRAR comes up, just click on the extract to at the top and extract the file to the desktop. After doing that, you should see the folder and instructions. All you need to do then is follow the instructions on where to put the file with the readme.

Are you trying to open the actual file 'newfreeplaymap.eft'?

What you need to do is download the file, select the open with WinRAR. When WinRAR comes up, just click on the extract to at the top and extract the file to the desktop. After doing that, you should see the folder and instructions. All you need to do then is follow the instructions on where to put the file with the readme.

ok i think i figured it out now just 1 last ? i moved both files that i downlaoded to my mods folder but nothing came up about the overwrite what am i doing wrong???

ok i think i figured it out now just 1 last ? i moved both files that i downlaoded to my mods folder but nothing came up about the overwrite what am i doing wrong???

What 2 files did you download just to make sure you got the right ones?

You need the floor map and the new freeplay map depending on which version you have. Once you download them, you just need to go into the mods folder, then LA Mod v1.8, and finally maps and paste both of those files there. Then load the game, go to modifications, load the mod you edited and should work.

I'm sure you knew all this but just making sure no steps were missed. Other than that, I am unsure what the problem could be. You might find some luck going through some posts in the past and see if you can find anything from there.

This is cool to see this being worked on again. As said before a big Thank you to Wood for getting this started for us. and thanks to Soldjaboy and the others who are continuing to fix bugs as they are found. I don't have any scripting or editing skills but If I can help test things as they are fixed let me know. I have both 911:FR and EM4 Deluxe on my computer.

Guest cartagena101x

hey guys

so i downloaded the files i needed to and i followed all the instructions but it doesnt work for me

anyone have any idea why?

or if anyone can give me directions on how to do it step by step

thank you i would greatly appreciated

hey guys

so i downloaded the files i needed to and i followed all the instructions but it doesnt work for me

Step by step: Download floor map and which version of EM4 you have. Unpack the file to desktop. Copy files to the maps folder of your mod (c:\Program Files\Sixteen Tons\Emergency 4\Mods\LA Mod v1.8\Maps ). Then load EM4, load the mod and start a new game and then you got w00d's map.

Your question: Did you start a new game, if you followed all instructions there should be no mistake.

Guest cartagena101x

hey there

well i was not happy with this map

first the stations are a little too far away

and the incidents are happening too fast a minute into the game i was having earthquake and fires

the vehicles dont respond to the commands

this is juts my opinion

the map is nice and has lots of potential

i hope its gets fixed because i would wanna use it again

sorry if i offended anyone i just waned to give my opinion

great job and keep up the good work

thanks

roberto

If I have altered some scripts. (ex. Switching the HAZMAT truck out for a HES in LAFD Station 2) can I still download this map? Would any of the files conflict?

No, I don't think so. Only thing it is changing is map.

hey there

well i was not happy with this map

and the incidents are happening too fast a minute into the game i was having earthquake and fires

the vehicles dont respond to the commands

this is juts my opinion

the map is nice and has lots of potential

i hope its gets fixed because i would wanna use it again

great job and keep up the good work

thanks

roberto

I'm sorry you don't like it. The only thing I dislike about fire stations is that fire station one is in bad location with highway in the way and it messes up the pathing of fire trucks. Other than that, I love the accident and the fires mainly take place at the little campground so I station a USFS, brush, HES and a patrol car there at all times on standby.

hey guys

Next time could you be more specific as to whats not working. Example, its the old map, it crashes when freeplay starts, etc.

If I have altered some scripts. (ex. Switching the HAZMAT truck out for a HES in LAFD Station 2) can I still download this map? Would any of the files conflict?

For the most part you should be fine. However you may need to make a few adjustments to correct things like the fire trucks facing the rear garage door rather then the front.

That might be true and to each there own however I think it adds to realism as not every fire station has perfect coverage.

This can be altered. It may have to be done in the editor but I would think editing fp_params_endless.xml or fp_params_endless_d.xml will fix that.

The vehicles dont respond to the commands

Like what commands?

I am not offended as its not my map for one, and for two the events can be altered. Furthermore, the vehicles not responding is an isolated incident so far, so I think it may just be a problem on your end.

ok just downloaded the files and installed. looks good, but id like to point out a few things. The campground area, there is still construction sound there. probably from the old map.

also the path for the vehicle to get to the pd isnt working correctly. when the vehicles come down from the north they keep turning around and going back north in a circle. the pd vehicles make it to the parking lot on the north side and just park there.

also since i am using 911 version all of the hydrants are spewing water all over the place. ive tried to get an engi over there to fix, but it wont let it.

another thing to look at is you cant click on vehicles. you can drag over em to select them, then assign them a hot number but thats it.

anyways keep up the good work!

ok just downloaded the files and installed. looks good, but id like to point out a few things. The campground area, there is still construction sound there. probably from the old map.

also the path for the vehicle to get to the pd isnt working correctly. when the vehicles come down from the north they keep turning around and going back north in a circle. the pd vehicles make it to the parking lot on the north side and just park there.

also since i am using 911 version all of the hydrants are spewing water all over the place. ive tried to get an engi over there to fix, but it wont let it.

another thing to look at is you cant click on vehicles. you can drag over em to select them, then assign them a hot number but thats it.

anyways keep up the good work!

These bugs have been already been discovered and reported in previous posts. Its been out for quite a while.

The hydrant effects is for deluxe but for some reason its showing that in freeplay. it doesn't matter though because traffic is still flowing.

sorry didnt realize that there are 2 different free play maps! has this one been discontinued?

The other freeplay map is second version of this map but its better imo. So basically, yes this has been discontinued.