Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

How could you send him a private message?His Pm is blocked?

Had it open for a couple of weeks and just closed it again after I got the following things:

- Someone asking me to build a personal NY mod

- Kids asking me to make some vehicles of the FD from the town where they live

- Dozens of mod requests/ideas which can be posted in THIS topic

- Dozens of modding questions which can be asked on the forum

- Another couple of people who want me to become their personal mod-teacher

In case I don't respond I'm not interested or it's the wrong way to ask me something.

Same thing goes for this topic.

I am doing this in my free time and don't get paid. So, I don't HAVE TO respond to everything.

In fact, it will be all over from 8 September, because my new intern ship periods will start and I am going to have weeks of more than 50 hours.

That means no more modding till January 2009 except MAYBE on the Sundays if I am not too tired and don't have a hangover of the night before. :) :) :)

Hoppah

Had it open for a couple of weeks and just closed it again after I got the following things:

- Someone asking me to build a personal NY mod

- Kids asking me to make some vehicles of the FD from the town where they live

- Dozens of mod requests/ideas which can be posted in THIS topic

- Dozens of modding questions which can be asked on the forum

- Another couple of people who want me to become their personal mod-teacher

In case I don't respond I'm not interested or it's the wrong way to ask me something.

Same thing goes for this topic.

I am doing this in my free time and don't get paid. So, I don't HAVE TO respond to everything.

In fact, it will be all over from 8 September, because my new intern ship periods will start and I am going to have weeks of more than 50 hours.

That means no more modding till January 2009 except MAYBE on the Sundays if I am not too tired and don't have a hangover of the night before. :) :) :)

Hoppah

Jan 09 isn't too long, rather have you have a good job then giving us new toys(even if they are great toys)

Plus it tells us the release date is before 9 September.

Actually different skins,same model just rename it or something on the lines of that :)

You are correct. If you want to add extra numbers then you can do that yourself. There is a little bit of work involved but there is already a tutorial on how to add vehicles if you have any difficulties. I modified my version to include LAPD Patrol car 101,102,103,104 and 105. I edited the original LAPD Patrol Car DDS, changed the number and saved as LAPD Patrolcar2, Patrolcar3, etc. I then added them as extra vehicles. They all function normally and can be called using call patrolcar script.

post-754-1220057116_thumb.jpg

Take care

Shane

Its true that you only need to reskin the model, but the game could care less and treats it like a brand new model. I was simply stating that the mod's load time would be increased with a higher model total, plus the in game vehicle selection menus will be crazy long....that's all.

Guest [SAP]Francis

Hoppah really wanna, and does deserve it, get paid - just make a topic to ask for donations, many people will. I will maybe ;) Paypal FTW. :)

Sticky the thread and watch for teh ca$hz to grow up$! :P

Guest emergency3freak

hey guys and hoppah

i was wondering when i was reading a book that i thought that you could add a feature to the USFS firefighters that they could create fire breaks and also mabye if coght in a fire they could deploy "SHAKES & BAKES" a thing that stops them from burning. and also look at this i think that a tiller could work see video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LLbkO6hG-8

hey guys and hoppah

i was wondering when i was reading a book that i thought that you could add a feature to the USFS firefighters that they could create fire breaks and also mabye if coght in a fire they could deploy "SHAKES & BAKES" a thing that stops them from burning. and also look at this i think that a tiller could work see video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LLbkO6hG-8

The ability to dig firebreaks is not needed. To create a firebreak all you need to do is cut down trees and clear the brush, drag the logs away and you're done. Fire doesen't spread over ground. The shake n' bake is a good idea.

Guest Omega_nzfs

Hey there,

Just an idea for stolen vehicle missions, would it be possible to add a command button to follow the stolen vehicle like the helicopter follow command, and then once the police vehicles close enough have the police vehicle perform a PIT on the stolen car? Would be great to see the likes of a failed PIT causing a multi vehicle MVA so youd need to be careful about when to execute one.

Any thoughts?

Hey there,

Just an idea for stolen vehicle missions, would it be possible to add a command button to follow the stolen vehicle like the helicopter follow command, and then once the police vehicles close enough have the police vehicle perform a PIT on the stolen car? Would be great to see the likes of a failed PIT causing a multi vehicle MVA so youd need to be careful about when to execute one.

Any thoughts?

It would be very cool, but practically impossible given the game's limitations...I do know that there is a script or command out there for a police car to stop another car... I've never had to use it, and I'm not sure how it works.

there was a pull over script created? I recall always seeing that it was impossible?

Yeah the pull over script is in Winterberg, they have tons of stuff I'd like in LA Mod, if only if only...

Guest SeanTate

In response to the multiple answeres about the Number on top of the Vehicles, I dont mean 100 diffrent modles of diffrent number cars, I meant like Is there a script that would randomize the number thats put on the vehicle, Like a Roundel. Theres a Game called operation flashpoint and Armed Assault that I play where you can Put a script onto the vehicle for it to have random numbers on it, Like tanks and stuff so that they dont all look the EXACT Same

Guest [SAP]Francis
How about these fire trucks? :)

1st picture is for Rescue truck.

2nd picture is the Rescue truck in action.

Well, that's a crane, just a new model with the same commands and with sirens would be awesome.

How about these fire trucks? :)

1st picture is for Rescue truck.

2nd picture is the Rescue truck in action.

Several people including myself have asked Hoppah to model the LAFD Heavy Rescue. He's stated before that he doesn't wan't to add it since there is already a crane...Perhaps his stance has changed on it, but I doubt it.