Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

Sigh. IMG tags removed. Don't post huge photo's.

Now, you're posting a LASD Hummer H2 again. My mod already has one and I am not going to change it.

I would like to keep some diversity between the vehicles and not giving all vehicles an Arjent lightbar because that lightbar is newer.

I am also not going to add a LAPD Hummer H2.

Want to see some more police vehicles?:

Check out this page then: http://o.wao.com/policecaronline/home/Photos/Cal/calif.html

Sigh. IMG tags removed. Don't post huge photo's.

Now, you're posting a LASD Hummer H2 again. My mod already has one and I am not going to change it.

I would like to keep some diversity between the vehicles and not giving all vehicles an Arjent lightbar because that lightbar is newer.

I am also not going to add a LAPD Hummer H2.

Want to see some more police vehicles?:

Check out this page then: http://o.wao.com/policecaronline/home/Photos/Cal/calif.html

Ok Hoppah please tell it will be a new mobile crane ?

Hey,

first, nice to read that some people think their ideas through before posting them ;)

If I remember correctly, there was some kind of subway mission, in the Emergency series, don't know if it was Emergency 2 or 3, but it was something about a subway station that had a gas leak, or gas terror attack or something like this, plus a fire started raging in the station. It was a somehow difficult mission, as you could only use your men, no vehicles (obviously), and you had to use what few hydrants where in the station, you had long transport ways for the injured and only limited time, making that mission quite difficult :)

Edit:

@Commander Rasser: Those streets look awesome!

Emergency 2

And about the street, i hope for you that you remember that emergency 4 only has two lanes paths, and doing so in your whole freeplay will fully fuck up your freeplay.

Guest killgame

Hi,

I think that for the next version you should withdraw the green halo which encircles units.

I have withdraw this halo in my LAmod, and it's more realistic (and beautiful).

It's just a proposition :1046275747_biggthumpup:

http://o.wao.com/policecaronline/home/Phot.../lapddive2.html

mike does this unit handle swift water rescues, in game would it be a useable unit to cary the scuba crew for freeplay calls like the MVA in the southwest corner of the mission area into the water. i feel like some water rescue crew is needed in game instead of sending the scuba crew out in a USAR or heavy equipment squad.

also, some sort of beach rescue crew would be nice, not necessary for game play but would add realism, because if i recall correctly most medical calls on the beach are, taken by lifeguard crews, stabilized and then decided if BLS or ALS RA is needed and called for, the RA most likely doesnt come onto the beach and the patient is transported via the life guard vehicle to the RA . I feel like a some sort of patient/unit transport vehicle would help in game. on large incidents, especially HAZMAT incidents in free play. i usually set up a decon tent and about a block away set up the Mass Causality unit.

http://z.about.com/d/gocalifornia/1/0/4/9/3/VENICE20-a.JPG

i realize that a Lifeguard vehicle has been discussed earlier, i believe a similar rescue unit, would work but this one is not plausible or helpful to gameplay

maybe something like a golf car or ATV anything that wouldn't transport victims to any hospital, only move the victim from one part of the scene to a triage center.

On the topic of medical triage would it be possible to add Triage Flags. Green being treated patients, Yellow being injured patients, Red being deceased. this would add a whole lot of realism to medical triage with a lot of victims, because its EASY* to loose track of who's treated and who's not when you have 8 victims and 4 EMTS on scene

http://o.wao.com/policecaronline/home/Phot.../lapddive2.html

mike does this unit handle swift water rescues, in game would it be a useable unit to cary the scuba crew for freeplay calls like the MVA in the southwest corner of the mission area into the water. i feel like some water rescue crew is needed in game instead of sending the scuba crew out in a USAR or heavy equipment squad.

also, some sort of beach rescue crew would be nice, not necessary for game play but would add realism, because if i recall correctly most medical calls on the beach are, taken by lifeguard crews, stabilized and then decided if BLS or ALS RA is needed and called for, the RA most likely doesnt come onto the beach and the patient is transported via the life guard vehicle to the RA . I feel like a some sort of patient/unit transport vehicle would help in game. on large incidents, especially HAZMAT incidents in free play. i usually set up a decon tent and about a block away set up the Mass Causality unit.

http://z.about.com/d/gocalifornia/1/0/4/9/3/VENICE20-a.JPG

i realize that a Lifeguard vehicle has been discussed earlier, i believe a similar rescue unit, would work but this one is not plausible or helpful to gameplay

maybe something like a golf car or ATV anything that wouldn't transport victims to any hospital, only move the victim from one part of the scene to a triage center.

On the topic of medical triage would it be possible to add Triage Flags. Green being treated patients, Yellow being injured patients, Red being deceased. this would add a whole lot of realism to medical triage with a lot of victims, because its hard to loose track of who's treated and who's not when you have 8 victims and 4 EMTS on scene

I agree in the divers stuff but i dont know how it works in LA ... also the lifeguard vehicle would be nice .

Oh and the flags yes its confusing when you have many peolple wounded ...

And i think you made a mistake :

On the topic of medical triage would it be possible to add Triage Flags. Green being treated patients, Yellow being injured patients, Red being deceased. this would add a whole lot of realism to medical triage with a lot of victims, because its hard to loose track of who's treated and who's not when you have 8 victims and 4 EMTS on scene

Guest lord_bonev

I suggested for more ATMOSPHERE condition. In game have only rain, you can put and winter, hot summer or other season and condition (thunder).

lord_bonev

[LAPD Underwater Dive Unit]

mike does this unit handle swift water rescues

No it does not. The LAPD maintains a very impressive dive unit that is partially funded by the Dept of Homeland Security. They work with the Port Police in the LA Harbor, as well as deal with body recovery and evidence recovery in lakes and reservoirs within the City of LA. They basically respond wherever a body of water is present and a law enforcement/investigation function is necessary. They do train in rescues, but that is neither their function nor their response.

in game would it be a useable unit to cary the scuba crew for freeplay calls like the MVA in the southwest corner of the mission area into the water. i feel like some water rescue crew is needed in game instead of sending the scuba crew out in a USAR or heavy equipment squad.

LAFD does have swift water rescue units that are not fully staffed year round. This ties into the weather post below, but i'll just say we don't get a whole lot of rain in LA, and we really don't have a lot of rivers with water in them year round.

It is usually the USAR guys who are cross trained in Swift water rescue as well which is why you see the SWR and USAR co located at 88s and others. USAR rigs will almost always respond as well due to the need for specialized rope rescues. The uniform for rescues is usually a wetsuit with helmet and flotation device though they are also trained in SCUBA as well.

For the county, the Rescue tender that transports the swift water rescue team and tows the zodiac and rescue craft are the squads repurposed as rescue tenders.

When it comes to Port rescues or cliff/beach rescues, usually it'll be dependent on the location for the resources that are assigned. If it's near the port of LA, you'll usually get the medium fire boats like the one modeled in the game, along with county and city lifeguard boats. If its farther away it'll usually be the city lifeguard boat in cabrillo beach, or LA County lifeguard boats anywhere else.

On the topic of medical triage would it be possible to add Triage Flags. Green being treated patients, Yellow being injured patients, Red being deceased. this would add a whole lot of realism to medical triage with a lot of victims, because its EASY* to loose track of who's treated and who's not when you have 8 victims and 4 EMTS on scene

I play the game at the hardest level and I've never experienced any of the difficulties you mention. One of the lamer parts of the game is that after a few seconds with a paramedic, you can scoop and run with the guy without worry. And except for a rare sniper that goes bad, I can't think of any time i've had that many patients, but okie doke. I'm sure Hoppah or someone else can comment on the tags.

In regards to the hazmat incidents, people should notice that you don't have to decon everyone. They civies will walk off the map on their own, it's just the ones who are stationary and collapse that need to be handled.

As far as lifeguards go, that vehicle is no longer in use. Recently LACoFD has contracted with Ford for new lifeguard vehicles that come with a built in method of transporting. Your assesment is correct in that they will treat and stabilize the patient there, and then use the lifeguard vehicles to transport the patient to the ambulance for transport to the hospital.

LAFD does have an ATV, green john deere vehicle that is used for special events like parades and such. You can find pictures of it on my website.

As far as weather goes... this is LA guys. Winter??? In LA??? We average 35 days of rain a year. That is an annual average, and we haven't been close to that for a while.

Let me describe LA weather to everyone who might not be aware of it. I've seen lightning twice in 31 years of living in SoCal. I've never seen snow here. I've seen hail once. I don't own a jacket or an umbrella. I don't have a long sleeve shirt. I think i might have a sweatshirt somewhere that a friend gave me. It could be jan 1st or June 30th, and I garuntee you that i'm wearing blue jeans and a t-shirt and Im comfortable.

In the valleys we get up to the low 100s in the summer, and down to maybe the 50s and 60s in the winter. Most of the time we're in the 70s-80s all year round. Some of the biggest brush fires i've fought have been from october to feb. Pines burnt 68k acres in less then a week in Feb 2002, and the bad fire siege we had in 2007 was in October.

The general rule is that it's fire season all year round in LA and being a meterologist means looking out the window and going yep, nice, sunny and clear... just like every day for the last 3 months.

Want to change the weather to be more LA Like? Read the tutorial I wrote on editing freeplay and make it more like Francis has done.

Gotta Love LA!!

Mike

Guest lord_bonev
You can't really add or change the weather. Besides that, it never snows in LA.

But... but this is only game not real life. You make the mod looks like a real world (city) ok, keep going but for this you must to make more other things to look like a real, more real. Nothing personal for your job!

lord__bonev

PS: Mike thanks for the answer but i've never been in LA and a don't now what have, happend

Having a Quint is cool but in real life they cost alot! If a Quint in a game it would have to cost alot to buy one and a quint ladder is not as long as a Tower Truck. Alot of quints don't have a basket on them... So a Fireman can't ride on one to get in a house.

If a quint is in the game? It would be another pumper with a long range water cannon that the ladder will control.

And sick in cost to buy because many departments can't have alot of them.

Ask any Captain fireman how much a new quint cost to a normal new pumper.

we have over 30 quints, all in service, to "save on manpower" but thats off topic.

I'd suggest Hoppah to remove thunderstorms, they are annoying, unrealistic and lagging. :)

Also, I HATE RAIN! :)

thunderstorms unrealistic? Have you been living underground or something??

thunderstorms unrealistic? Have you been living underground or something??

No, but he might be living in LA! Like I said, in 31 years I've seen lightning twice here. Thanks to meteorological factors of cool ocean currents, the Catalina Eddy, and the protection from the Sierra Nevadas that cause a rain shadow effect due to the adiabatic process.

When I say we average 35 days of rain a year, that is an average. We've gone 226 days straight without any measurable precipitation at all, and 360 if you discount anything under .05 of an inch, basically don't count the drizzles.

That's one of the reasons why the Fire boats get so many of the rescues, the swift water units are only staffed according to the weather.

This is how the LA River typically looks year round, empty, small stream, if that, running through the middle, and just a lot of concrete.

la_river5.jpg

And this is how it looks during an El Nino storm, or any large rain:

la_river4.jpg

It's not like the Mississippi or Delaware rivers which are full year round, and treacherous year round. Most of our water rescues are related to people falling off the cliffs near the ocean, or in a port or marina.

And just for information, here is a typical swift water rescue response:

On Tuesday, April 4, 2006 at 6:24 PM, six Companies of Los Angeles Firefighters, two LAFD Rescue Ambulances, one Heavy Rescue, one Urban Search and Rescue Unit, two LAFD Helicopters, one EMS Battalion Captain, one Battalion Chief Officer Command Team and two Swift Water Rescue Teams under the direction of Assistant Chief Roderick Garcia responded to a Swift Water Rescue near 16721 Sherman Way in West Van Nuys.

Mike

Hello hoppah/team

i have 3 ideas, i know that they have been discussed but, if everyone (even me) is asking for more places at the Fire Station, instead of parking the RA´s in the fifth door, you could park another type vehicle for example moving the 5th door to the center and make another parking for 2 new engines, or sth like that.

In the hospital you could add the RA´s parking wich was in the Fire Station but instead of 3 for more, just in case someone like it, you could also add an entrance in the right or left side of the hospital, in the same side you put the parking lot so the RA´s would park there and then the paramedics would leave the injuried person in the hospital from that door, i am saying this because in the game a had several accidents which delivered me almost 10 injuried people and when the 5 Ra´s where in the hospital they blocked the traffic, think that i wouldn´t seen beforehand.

And last in the Police station, it has a petrol station next to it made it a pd parking with doors like in the Em3.

great work team

Guest [SAP]Francis

I think that ambulances (Not FD ones) should be able to park at the hospital as ambulances stay in the hospital garage for a while after an emergency.

Hello hoppah/team

i have 2 ideas, i know that they have been discussed but, if everyone (even me) is asking for more places at the Fire Station, instead of parking the RA´s in the fifth door, you could park another type vehicle for example moving the 5th door to the center and make another parking for 2 new engines, or sth like that.

In the hospital you could add the RA´s parking wich was in the Fire Station but instead of 3 for more, just in case someone like it, you could also add an entrance in the right or left side of the hospital, in the same you put the parking lot so the RA´s would parke there and then the paramedics would leave the injuried person in the hospital from that door, i am saying this because in the game a had several accidents which delivered me almost 10 injuried people and when the 5 Ra´s where in the hospital they blocked the traffic, think that i wouldn´t seen beforehand.

And last in the Police station, it has a petrol station next to it made it a pd parking with doors like in the Em3.

great work team

I agree to this ;) It would be damn nice to have parking for police cars ;)

I don't know how many times I have read about the K-9 unit suggestion. It's cool if it would be added, I would have voted for it but Hoppah has already gaven his answer, it's to much to script and would take a long time to do.