Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

i think LA might be the same as NYC in this case.

:cry:

That's bullshit, the distance between LA and NYC is like 2500 miles (4000 km). You seriously think you can compare these two cities? I am not going to expand the amount of transports of the ambulance just because they transport more than 1 patient in a whole different city. Ambulances are made to transport a single critical injured person. They're not mass transports. Ofcourse, they are big enough to transport some extra persons with light injuries, but that's not the purpose of an ambulance. A Mini Cooper can also transport 10 people if you do your best...

115962.jpg

i work in nyc and have transported 2 patients almost every tour i have worked...the most i transported was five

Almost every tour, patients with light injuries only I suppose.

Thanks bro, You are right it was not done on purpose.

I don't blame you. In the forum I am from double posts automerge, so I accidentally did it here too.

i work in nyc and have transported 2 patients almost every tour i have worked...the most i transported was five

FDNY Buses are crazy. They get so backlogged that they stack up patients on the way to the hospital. LAFD has been rated top EMS, so it's a lot different than the broken FDNY EMS. Even a bunch of non-jewish people I knew had Hatzolah on their phone just in-case they knew EMS wasn't coming due to the common backlogs :( .

Guest PFC-RomesburgArmy

Ok i braught these up in the NY Mod (Not Comparing Mods) and had no responce so ill bring them up here since LA Mod was my 1st Mod i became a fan of.

Just an idea, On the freeplay map as a call can you make Patient Transfers? like would it be possible to send EMS to the hospital to pick up a patient rather than drop off, then send them off the map or to another hospital like in real life? Im not sure how LA's Hospitals do their transfers but that was just an idea.

Also, Can their be Natrual Gas Leaks that dont blow up right as you get the call but somthing like you have a set time like with a bomb that you can set FD up on standby block trafic and crowds until a Tec Unit or even FD shuts off the gas to the area and if you dont in time then it blows up.

Love LA's Mod Its been amazing playing it and looking forward to the new Mod thanks!

Guest [SAP]Francis
You probably got no response because that's a ridiculous idea. the game is called EMERGENCY 4 ..not TRANSPORT 4.

Oh... what a sick answer. That's the most stupidest answer I've ever read.

Firstly, in Emergency 4, you need to transport patients. Secondly, transporting patients like that where he leave is normal, let it be normal. Thirdly, you posted this for nothing because Hoppah is not even gonna think about adding this to the mod.

I vote for your post for the most "ridiculous" one. :machkaputt:

Easy tiger, calm down. He's a new guy.

First off, :welcome: to the forums. And just as a reminder, you should think about what you say before you post it, just as a little bit of advice. People on the forum don't take to kindly to the whole "stupid question/answer" factor on here. No worries though man.

Anywho, back to topic now:

Hoppah, do you think it would be possible to have an MVC with a fully involved bus involved, as a mission or something? I know you probably wouldn't want to hear this, but, i just think it would be like a "Major Accident" mission. Fully involved bus VS. say, 4 cars w/ entrapment and two patients VSA?

Just a thought :)

em4freak

Just an idea, On the freeplay map as a call can you make Patient Transfers? like would it be possible to send EMS to the hospital to pick up a patient rather than drop off, then send them off the map or to another hospital like in real life? Im not sure how LA's Hospitals do their transfers but that was just an idea.

I know that LA hospitals usually contract out to ambulance companies such as AMR to transfer patients from hospital to hospital, or hospital to nursing homes. I thinki AMR lost their contract so i'm not sure what ambulance company does it now. I know I hated IFT (inter facility transports) calls when I worked at AMR, and I'm not sure it would be the most fun missions, but it is an idea.

As for the multipatient ambulances, here in southern California we can take 2 patients to the hospital at once in one ambulance. BUT they have to be very minor, to the fact that we are pretty much just observing them. Usually they are from TC's that are minor fender benders. I have transported like this a few times. but it takes up both the gurney and the bench seat so it starts to get cramped in the ambulance. We used to be able to hang a third patient on a backboard from the ceiling and side wall, but that is not allowed in CA any more. Since we are in a state with the one of the highest law suit rates with a lot of sue happy people, we have to be very careful how we transport and treat our patients. So I guess if you were able to script it some how to say you can only transport to slightly injured patients, it would be realistic. Like how BLS units can't treat severely injured people. I think this would take time if even possible to do.

I hoped that helped in answering that question.

When Your In La Their Really Is No Transfers Because as the ambulance is enroute they access you and will send you to UCLA Medi Center Because Really Why would the send you to another town they would just rush you to they closest area medicalcenter that could treat you the aren't going to send you to the city over when there is 5 medical centers that could treat you in the one city you were hurt in

im not trying to be an a--hole but its kinda common sense

but nice idea if it was a smaller city :rolleyes:

When Your In La Their Really Is No Transfers Because as the ambulance is enroute they access you and will send you to UCLA Medi Center Because Really Why would the send you to another town they would just rush you to they closest area medicalcenter that could treat you the aren't going to send you to the city over when there is 5 medical centers that could treat you in the one city you were hurt in

im not trying to be an a--hole but its kinda common sense

but nice idea if it was a smaller city :rolleyes:

Well I have worked in the area for a while a IFT (interfacility transfer) is when someone has to go to a higher level of care. Hospitals are rated differently for the level of trauma they can have. Also some hospital specialize in certain areas, such as pediatrics, Cardiac, Burns and so on. For example Loma Linda Univercity hospital is the top pediatric hospital in the area, We have children, usually infants flown or transported in from all over, including from LA. In an emergency a person will be stabilized at the nearest hospital and then transferred to a hospital that can treat that injury or illness the best.

SO, i'm not trying to be an a--hole either, but when he means transfer that is what it is. I have been working in EMS and fire for 5 years now. I think I know what I'm talking about.

There was a mission like that in EM3, but the bus wasn't full.

In the original Emergency game there was an accident on a motorway with like a coach and several cars crashing, the coach ended up on its side in the forest next to the motorway, passengers everywhere, not wearing their seatbelts i guess. You had to put out the slow down signs on the motorway, otherwise further collisions occured.

In the original Emergency game there was an accident on a motorway with like a coach and several cars crashing, the coach ended up on its side in the forest next to the motorway, passengers everywhere, not wearing their seatbelts i guess. You had to put out the slow down signs on the motorway, otherwise further collisions occured.

i remember a mission like that in the first emergency! wasnt it?! it was part of the demo i use to play!

Guest PFC-RomesburgArmy

That was one of my personal fav missions due to the size of the MVA i recall the video leading up to the wreck the bus driver droped some kind of pills and bent down to get them and when he wasnt looking he hit the car in front of him the number of wounded was high i belive 4 had to be cut out of the bus then 4 more out of the other cars plus the 6 - 8 wounded on the ground apon arrival i belive 2 - 3 of them were D.O.A. plus the bus began to catch fire.