Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest Taylor
So question when the cop gives a ticket do the cops always come out with guns?

Never in real life do they do that.. only if it's a felony stop, or they come up to the car, run the driver, and he comes back with a major crime (can't remember what degree they order you out at gunpoint) but yeah, thats how it works.

The game isn't realistic in many aspects, however, the chase command is one step towards being more realistic.

Hmm.. What resolution is it? I would suggest changing the resolution to that of your desktop so your game will look somewhat better, like before mine went to 128x1024, then I bought a new monitor, it kinda looked bad, so I changed the resolution to 1600x900 and it looked great again

I don't mind the Jagged edges, I had to put mine on 800x600 so the game would run smooth. And my monitor is massive, I think its 25 inches but it is bigger then my TV lol.

EDIT:

Nice new camper by the gas station.

BTW if the vehical is stolen and moving will is stop when the command is given.

Good work Hops,

Whats next Tasers? lol

Usually. Lower resolution means less pixels to render, and thus less work for the graphics unit. But sometimes it is easier for the card to run the same resolution as the desktop, and some cards even have easier time rendering a set resolution, no matter is it lower or bigger than the desktop.

But yes, the answer is yes. Usually.

My PC is great, it runs EM4 beautifully, but my monitor is massive and the jagged edges are more noticeable than ever and EM4 doesn't appear to have Anti-Aliasing.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4198/em...90821112546.jpg

I posted that 1680x1050 screenshot not too long ago in the screenshots topic. When you view it at 100% you can see the jagged edges. EM4 does not support anti-aliasing. You can use photo editing software to reduce that in screenshots though. As for the video, it was recorded on a resulation of 1024x768 pixels and the final video got compressed down to 512x384 which makes these jagged edges not visibile anymore.

In the editor, I forget which process it is to get to the light editing option, but if you toy around with the flash frequencies, as well as the locations and colours of lights, you're bound to find something you like and can use on other vehicles.

I posted that 1680x1050 screenshot not too long ago in the screenshots topic. When you view it at 100% you can see the jagged edges. EM4 does not support anti-aliasing. You can use photo editing software to reduce that in screenshots though. As for the video, it was recorded on a resulation of 1024x768 pixels and the final video got compressed down to 512x384 which makes these jagged edges not visibile anymore.

Still that doesn't look bad. Is it because my monitor is very wide? It is at a max res of of 1920 x 1080. And I edited the Em4.cfg to that resolution and set it as read-only it looked better than when using a default EM4 resolution but it was still short of anything that it looked like before this monitor.

EDIT: No idea what I did but I was fudging around with the config and what not and I accidentally launched EM4 and I noticed it looked 1,000 times better. Forget what I said.

Question(s)

1) Is it true that on the screenshot there are still no building (Police, Fire Dept. etc etc<) i dont mean civil buildings just the emergency buildings.

2) Nice job on the chase command

3) Cant wait so hurry!

Question(s)

1) Is it true that on the screenshot there are still no building (Police, Fire Dept. etc etc<) i dont mean civil buildings just the emergency buildings.

2) Nice job on the chase command

3) Cant wait so hurry!

Adding the fire stations, police station and hospital was the first thing I did to the new map. Otherwise you can't test it (game will crash) ingame. Or did you mean something else?

Guest Ricardo
Adding the fire stations, police station and hospital was the first thing I did to the new map. Otherwise you can't test it (game will crash) ingame. Or did you mean something else?

I think he thinks that because there are no icons on the mini map, like PD and hospital icons