Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Pretty nice work you have done Hoppah 12.gif

I think i have played your mod for some years now, and i still love the mod so much!

I like bouth the new map, and the other sthuff you have done.

Specialy the Tiller and the Chase command.

Best regards from Trondheim, Norway biggrin.gif

--------------------

Big fan of the LA-mod!

Valskinn

Guest MGC|Uthog

Well my patch 2 was kind of corrupted it said some files where read only so the patch coudn't instal correctly. Now i cant reinstall the patch again cause the system things the patch was already installed.

Well my patch 2 was kind of corrupted it said some files where read only so the patch coudn't instal correctly. Now i cant reinstall the patch again cause the system things the patch was already installed.

Go to your ../Mods/Los Angeles Mod v1.9/ folder and remove the two readme files of the patches (v1.9.1 + v1.9.2). Then try to reinstall the latest patch.

Guest MGC|Uthog
Go to your ../Mods/Los Angeles Mod v1.9/ folder and remove the two readme files of the patches (v1.9.1 + v1.9.2). Then try to reinstall the latest patch.

Well that worked but now with the patch i gett the following file wich is read only:

models/houses/city-shopping/cinema20.V30

At it keeps hitting that cinema with everything.

Hoppah, there are a ton of vehicles behind Ralphs Grocery and if and when it catches fire all the vehicles cetch fire and i cant control the explosions. The fires grow quickly and I cant control them. I end up getting about 3-5 fire trucks and i STILL cant control the fires. Maybe you could space out or reduce the # of vehicles behind the Ralphs Grocery, Subway, and Verizion Wireless.

BTW: love the graffiti on the LA river...it says Hoppah, and Mikesphotos, and more. I thought that was funny!

hi

on mulitplayer (la mod) can you play with somone who dosen't have the patch or has a different patch than you?

thanks

No, the contents of all files (both from you and the other players) needs to be exactly the same in order to play multiplayer.

So you can't play with someone who has different patches then you.

Guest mrpolice1996
No, the contents of all files (both from you and the other players) needs to be exactly the same in order to play multiplayer.

So you can't play with someone who has different patches then you.

thanks a lot for getting back to me so fast :)

Just watched a video from a different mod and saw civilian vehicles giving way to emergency vehicles by pulling to the right, is it possible to have this in the LA Mod? Another thing, I think the old system of having patrol units finding a random path worked better than finding the nearest, as police units seem to get bunched up and cause massive traffic jams.

Just watched a video from a different mod and saw civilian vehicles giving way to emergency vehicles by pulling to the right, is it possible to have this in the LA Mod?

Was that the Massalia mod?

Making a script like that would take a lot of time..... unless the person who made that one would share the script. Which is unlikely.

Just watched a video from a different mod and saw civilian vehicles giving way to emergency vehicles by pulling to the right, is it possible to have this in the LA Mod? Another thing, I think the old system of having patrol units finding a random path worked better than finding the nearest, as police units seem to get bunched up and cause massive traffic jams.

The new patrol script isnt the reason for the traffic jams. One reason is the fact patrolling units do not stop at the traffic lights. Because of this, they run into an intersection and get stuck with another car. Another reason is there is the lack of traffic lights at places. The old maps has alot of major streets meeting major streets where you would see a traffic light in real life. The awesome new map we have has alot more secondary street meeting primary streets where you would normally see the secondary road yielding to traffic on the primary street. Unfortunately, civilian and patrolling units alike do not yield the right of way to the traffic on the main street.

Im interested to know which mod your referring to.

Well, that would be an awesome idea (like make them go around a scene instead of turning completely around), but i'm pretty sure it has been said before, that it is impossible. Would be neat though...

And very true Hoppah! ;)

A lot of things previously htought impossible have been done, the tiller for example.

I think the winterberg mod has something like that. You can divert traffic around things or away without making them turn around.