Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Those new rigs are awesome, Hoppah!

Too bad they're Ford, but I guess I'd have to complain to the City of LA about that :P

Speaking of LaCoFd, I'm still waiting for a genius modeller to make model replacements for E4/LAMod using th units from that old TV show called "Emergency!" like the engine in my avatar and the old Crown Firecoaches with the wailing sirens (and of course the rescue squads!)

Someone made such a mod for Emergency 3, but it doesn't work too great

Hoppah, you should number your squad 51, just like the tv show

Not sure if this link will work or not...

http://crackle.com/channels/ChannelHome.as...x%3D%26pbv%3D22

Yes it does, that was from August 29, 2006 at a Cabinet/Furniture shop in North Hollywood (LAFD Battalion 14). If memory serves me right, that fire went major emergency almost immediately due to first in units thinking that the large loom up was due to an aircraft incident since it was so close to the Burbank airport. The biggest problem was that many of the companies who would have been normally in the area were tied up on a Brush Fire at the same time, but the brave men and women of the Los Angeles City Fire Department as well as assisting companies from the Burbank Fire Department were able to do what they do best and keep the fire to the original structure and put it out safely.

Mike

Guest gnorman
That looks great! Is it going to functional somehow, or just for looks? Either way its awesome.

i have an idea but not sure if it will work , have the Fire Engine 2 model work similar to the water tender.

Too bad they're Ford, but I guess I'd have to complain to the City of LA about that :P

Speaking of LaCoFd, I'm still waiting for a genius modeller to make model replacements for E4/LAMod using th units from that old TV show called "Emergency!" like the engine in my avatar and the old Crown Firecoaches with the wailing sirens (and of course the rescue squads!)

There is some one working on such a mode. I send you a pm with the link. It on this board.

Hoppah: Everything looks good so far. Once again you seem to move the bar one level higher.

hey, some one did. i am currently working with firefighetr111, the paranoid, stan, and with lots of counsultauion from hoppah, and we are creating an emergency mod!

great squad hoppah!

This is probably a dumb question. Is there anyway that in future mods you can have the option in freeplay to just have fire or police scenerios and not have both?

You can do that now. Edit fp_params_endless_d.xml in \Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.4\Specs and scroll down to the events

<EFPEventShock>

<Enabled value = "1" />

<!-- AverageFrequency: average number of events per 10 minutes -->

<AverageFrequency value = "0.4" />

<Worth value = "4.0" />

<SupervisorStart value = "ID_SUPERV_EVENT18" />

<SupervisorFinish value = "" />

</EFPEventShock>

Change enabled value to "0" to turn off the events you don't want.

------------

On a seperate note, I stopped by City 102's today Hoppah. I was there for other reasons and asked a few questions about the way they do things. On City engines, they do not carry any extrication tools, just on the trucks. Also while County's rules prohibit taking off the deck gun, Cities are actually hard mounted and non removeable. Only the trucks have a monitor that can be ground deployed.

Btw, the new squad looks great. I think i'm looking forward to that and the new brush patrol more then anything else.

Mike

I played a firefighter game and you go to the truck and you can pick a portable nozzle. It is like what hopphan dissined.

Which game? A portable nozzle? Who's hopphan? What means dissined?

? :s

Thanks for your informative post. :)

Hoppah

I played a firefighter game and you go to the truck and you can pick a portable nozzle. It is like what hopphan dissined.

:1046275767_ugly:

I think the game he's referring to is Firefighter Command. It's more or less similar to the Emergency series, except that it's focused exclusively on fire fighting. It's set in a city loosely based on San Francisco, but strangely you can switch American units to French, British or German fire units. The game has different firefighter types, including one who carries a portable water canon. I'll reinstall the game and get screenshots.

UPDATE : Here's a screenshot showing the portable canon in action. FFCMD.jpg

You might notice that this game doesn't have hoses, unlike EM4. Firefighters come with a water reserve, which they have to reload at fire trucks. In turn, all fire trucks are equipped with a water canon and a water supply. They need a "virtual" connection to a fire hydrant in order to replenish their reserves. The fire canon also needs a virtual connection to a truck in order to work.

Shame... maybe one day a game will come out that realistically involves most aspects of fire fighting. For an IC or operations section chief, it really is a "game" of strategy. If a game could mimic this, it'd be unique and a refreshing change.

Hoppah, or anyone else in the know for creating missions: I was wondering how plausible it would be to change certain aspects of calls which occur in freeplay mode. Are the locations preset, and one randomly determined? For example...

Some of the homes in the city are enter-able only by ladder. One aspect I really feel is missing from the game (mostly Freeplay) is the lack of searches required by truck companies. In reality, truck companies primarily deal with ventilation (not doable, as far as I know) and search (doable, I think). In the game, if a enter-able house catches on fire, does the game generate smoke inside of it? I recall this effect in the second mission of the original campaign... does this happen elsewhere? Is it possible that any of these houses catch on fire in Freeplay, and more so that there actually be people inside?

On an unrelated note, is it somehow possible to edit the fire behavior in freeplay? I was hoping I could make fires last longer, and grow at a more realistic rate. Are these values editable?

Sorry for the long post.

One aspect I really feel is missing from the game (mostly Freeplay) is the lack of searches required by truck companies. In reality, truck companies primarily deal with ventilation (not doable, as far as I know) and search (doable, I think). In the game, if a enter-able house catches on fire, does the game generate smoke inside of it? I recall this effect in the second mission of the original campaign... does this happen elsewhere? Is it possible that any of these houses catch on fire in Freeplay, and more so that there actually be people inside?

In the Winterberg mod there actually is a ventilation fan on their tower (DLK). In some cases you have to use it on certain buildings, like the bank, when they catch fire to clear out the smoke that harms people not in SCBA. So it is possible and probably requires a ton of script work,etc.

Hoppah, or anyone else in the know for creating missions: I was wondering how plausible it would be to change certain aspects of calls which occur in freeplay mode. Are the locations preset, and one randomly determined? For example...

All police and ambulance missions are random. Fires are random. Only card accidents are on fixed spots.

Some of the homes in the city are enter-able only by ladder. One aspect I really feel is missing from the game (mostly Freeplay) is the lack of searches required by truck companies. In reality, truck companies primarily deal with ventilation (not doable, as far as I know) and search (doable, I think). In the game, if a enter-able house catches on fire, does the game generate smoke inside of it? I recall this effect in the second mission of the original campaign... does this happen elsewhere? Is it possible that any of these houses catch on fire in Freeplay, and more so that there actually be people inside?

It's possible to addition more smoke int he house with the editor if I remember right. About the fan, winterberg has one but in my eyes it's just for decoration.

On an unrelated note, is it somehow possible to edit the fire behavior in freeplay? I was hoping I could make fires last longer, and grow at a more realistic rate. Are these values editable?

Yes, fire particles have .xml files you can edit those with the editor. About the last longer I'm not sure

Particles are just decoration, they don't effect burning time. Each object has a material. Example:

<material name="Wood" combustion="1000.00" maxtemp="150.00" burntime="180.00" chargetime="45.00" cooling="0.00" heatres="0.00" force="1.50" forceradius="1.50" explode="0" />

(Data/Specs/materials.xml)

You can set the material of each object in Edit -> Edit Traits

So, Here is the new version of Fire Engine 1:

fireengine11wx7.th.jpg

fireengine12xj4.th.jpg

Screenshots taken in the editor.

What's changed/new:

- Texture improved.

- Deck gun added (and doesn't work ingame)

- Removed hose rolls on top.

- Silver colored roof

- More details (traffic cone, control panels)

- HiViz painting on back

Anyone tips? I think it looks much better than the old version.

Thanks to MikesPhotos for providing photo's.

Hoppah