Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest Gamesfunk
Great idea. It's not possible to combine hose connections (GTF vehicle type) with a water cannon/deck gun (TLF vehicle type), because vehicles types can't be combined. Although there is one thing I can try. In Emergency 3 it wasn't possible to connect hoses the vehicles (GTF vehicle type didn't exist). Until a nice script made by someone actually made it possible in almost a similar way as in EM4. I can try to make a similar script for Emergency 4. I am not going to add more stuff to v1.5, but I will make a list with ideas for v1.6 soon, including your idea. :)

Then you need to check the Winterberg mod, three of those vehicles have that ability: the 2 water cannons from Niedersfeld and Bad Berleburg and the second engine from Winterberg.

G.

Hoppah, I was reading on another forum that you know how to add knew animations to the game. For v1.6 would you be able to add a hydraulic platform to the game to replace the arial ladder? Just wondering.

Like the look of the mod, cant wait for it to be released :)

Hoppah, I was reading on another forum that you know how to add knew animations to the game. For v1.6 would you be able to add a hydraulic platform to the game to replace the arial ladder? Just wondering.

Read the last posts. I can't make it any better.

Guest Mav1701

I guess I'm ignorant in this case too...

By Hydraulic platform, you mean a Snorkel Truck/Cherry Picker?. If so I haven't seen Hoppah mention those at all recently. All I see is the pic of th aerial with the new "feet" (which is cool :D) Whats the [problem?

Also somewhat related: With animations can you animate the joint in the middle of an aerial truck now, for turning? Mine got stuck again today in 1.4m couldnt turn

hydraulic platforms are really more of a european apperatus. As far as I know only the manufacture E-One makes a hydraulic platform and I have never come across one in service in real life or on the internet. One thing that we have here in the states that is close to a hydraulic platform is a telesquirt(see pic below)

824portjervis_boomraise.jpg

Guest Mav1701

Hmmm... snorkel/HPs used to be in service in La/LaCo -- I just assumed they still were. Doesn't LAFD have like 30 trucks designated "quints"? Are they all ladder trucks?

I tried to find some HP photos from LA but couldn't, other than the old Crowns, which have been retired a good while: http://www.crownisking.org/crownsnorkels.html

I also noticed that all of the ladder trucks seem to be Tillered now (truck + trailer, not single chassis)

I'm sure Mike will be along to straighten us out :)

(hoppah - The Crane has a two part animation, could you adapt it, and just remodel everything?)

Guest ranger211

been a while since i've checked up on the mod

Hoppah, i know that you said how changing all the lights/lightbars is a ton of work (which it is) but when you release 1.5 i would be happy to start reworking the vehicles lights and lightbars. i could send the e4p files to you and you could use them if you would like or give me some suggestions that you would like to see done. i was just in the last week messing around with some of the lights and tried looking for a way to switch the patterns of the lightbars. funny how it was mentioned just a few posts back about that possible scripting command. anyway, i know your real into the realism of the mod but maybe if the lights are reworked they could all or even some be converted from the current code3 models to newer led lightbars (the whelen liberty used on your charger/camaro/corner model) or the federal signal arjent (both of these led lightbars are the most popular choices among both police and fire departments as replacements) for many reasons such as low profile designs, much brighter lights with a lower power consumption, very long bulb lifetimes, and modular design (allowing departments to design and easily add to the lightbar based on their specific needs and budget) i know it derives from realism a bit, but it might be a nice change do some of the models.

Whelen Liberty (all blue + takedowns)

Federal Signal Arjent (red and blue + takedowns)

Also, lots a vehicles have leds on the outside of the mirrors for intersection protection (added to the unmakered car in the editor and used the radiation property to direct it at an angle)

Crazy and creative placements and patterns (i actually added this kind of placement to the police suv in the editor and tied it to the directional lights command, looked pretty good too)

Edit: Won't enbed video, So heres the link

Edit: is it just me or do the youtube videos just show a white box?

Edit Edit: Thanks Hoppah, good call! :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Edit Edit Edit: Heres a (really) real quick video of the SUV running board lights in the editor

Hmmm... snorkel/HPs used to be in service in La/LaCo -- I just assumed they still were. Doesn't LAFD have like 30 trucks designated "quints"? Are they all ladder trucks?

Kinda. A quint is a truck that carries the tools to do the job of both a ladder and engine company(hence they look like a ladder truck).But they do not work very well because it's like having 5 guys for a job that needs ten.

I tried to find some HP photos from LA but couldn't, other than the old Crowns, which have been retired a good while: http://www.crownisking.org/crownsnorkels.html

I also noticed that all of the ladder trucks seem to be Tillered now (truck + trailer, not single chassis)

(hoppah - The Crane has a two part animation, could you adapt it, and just remodel everything?)

The problem with the tillers is the trailer part because you cannot spawn a vehicle with a trailer and also trailers can't have physics.

For the Los Angeles City Fire Department, they do not have any HP's, Quints, Telesquirts, or Snorkels in service. All of their trucks are tillered 100ft aerial ladder straight sticks with no plumbing and no platforms. Now historically, LAFD did have articulated booms and snorkels up through the 70s and possibly one or two still in reserve status into the early 80s. On July 5th, 1970, a terrible accident occurred when the boom of Engine Co. 3 (Snorkel) collapsed and killed 3 firefighters. You can read the story on the LA City Fire historical site here. After that and a second incident with a similar apparatus, the department went in a different direction and hasn't looked back.

The Los Angeles County Fire Department did have a few telesquirts in service that they acquired over the years, sometimes through absorption of municipal departments. Right now MOST of the trucks in service are 75ft tillered Quints made by KME. There are a few 100ft in service, I believe, and all of the new ones on order will be 100ft quints. There were some non-tillered short quints in service for stations that were to small to park the tillers, but I believe none of them are front line anymore. Most of the Telesquirts have been replaced with the new KME engines as well.

The only true articulating boom truck I can think of in the Southern California area is Anaheim City Fire Departments Bronto Skylift. Due to having Disneyland in their primary response area, they felt it justified to purchase the "specialized" equipment. Long Beach may also a tower truck, though I am not sure if it is articulated or not.

Mike

Guest Mav1701

Thats really surprising, Mike, considering the huge amounts of industrial sites around LA. How do they do "Over and down" rescues, like in a cistern or vat, where using normal ladders won't work? Do they repel off the end of the ladder (Are any of them tower-ladders?)

Firefighter111: I was asking if he could do it without the trailer unit now, by just animating the model to bend on turns. Of course, I don't know if the collision detection updates through animations or not, was just a thought -- the long truck is hard as heck to drive on the freeplay map.

(btw, technically Quints can be HPs too: Pumper, Tanker, Hosewagon, Aerial Truck(Ladders or HPs), and Hook-n-Ladder(ground ladders) -- Really quite common outside of big cities as they can save money by needed fewer apparatus.. like ours:)

post-1425-1201909291_thumb.jpg

Thats really surprising, Mike, considering the huge amounts of industrial sites around LA. How do they do "Over and down" rescues, like in a cistern or vat, where using normal ladders won't work? Do they repel off the end of the ladder (Are any of them tower-ladders?)

As the French members of this board might say Quelle coïncidence!! The Los Angeles City Fire Department responded to a confined space rescue at Berth 94 in Fire Station 112's area today. A man was injured after he fell 12' into an empty fuel tank aboard the "Lane Victory." Firefighters imobilized him and removed him from the tank using a crane and then transported him to a nearby hospital. The pride of being a Firefighter comes not from the equipment, but from the ingenuity, experience and training of each member of the department. Between the Truck Companies, USAR teams, specialized equipment like Heavy Rescue 56, and the helicopters, I am confident that due to constant drilling and preparation, there is very little the department can't handle.

For more information on their practices and utilization of the stokes basket in the LAFD, I recommend reading this training bulletin. The LAFD and LACoFD also utilize the Sked system as well which can be viewed here.

By the way, Hoppah, You might find this TB a wealth of information on the Foam Tender. They are truly a specialized piece of equipment and fill a specific niche.

Guest Mav1701

Oh Mike I have no doubt that the LAFD can handle it, I wasn't being critical earlier, just curious. I'd never seen HR56 before, it does sort of replace what a boom truck could do, if you add a stokes and lines and such.

How long did it take them to rig everything up?

Found a pic of Heavy Rescue 56 on this page.. also a pic of Engine 51, which is Chartreuse! :) (it may be an older 51? I dunno)

http://www.angelfire.com/la3/chucksfirepics1/LAFD5.html

Oh, there's a pic of Foam 60 there too, it looks a lot like the Water Cannon truck from the Mod. Do any other LAFD trucks use that "model" ?