Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest LAPDguy

Hoopah i have some more pictures of the lapd unmarked rear shelf lights( in the metalic blue paint)

Also notice that theres no pushbar or spotlights.

B15S8491Release1319.jpg

B15S8486.jpg

B15S8485.jpg

B15S8862.jpg

These were taken during a K-9 Training exercise. If any one wants to see more just ask me. I have some SWAT training pictures also.

BTW These are my pictures

Hoopah i have some more pictures of the lapd unmarked rear shelf lights( in the metalic blue paint)

Also notice that theres no pushbar or spotlights.

These were taken during a K-9 Training exercise. If any one wants to see more just ask me. I have some SWAT training pictures also.

BTW These are my pictures

Glenn?

-d

Guest LAPDguy
Was that car manufactured as a civilian crown vic? Just noticing the chrome on back, doesn't the law enforcement version usually have that as black and say interceptor instead of crown victoria? Sorry for going a little OT.

Well if you look at a close up of the back of a black and white it will say police interceptor but on most LAPD unmarked cars they order them w/o it because it is supposed to look like a civi car.

Guest LAPDguy

Hoopah another suggestion LAPD does not own any Ford Expidition SUVs but they do own Chevy Tahoes like the bomb squad SUV but its black and white. Heres a picture.

48andWesternCP.jpg

Was that car manufactured as a civilian crown vic? Just noticing the chrome on back, doesn't the law enforcement version usually have that as black and say interceptor instead of crown victoria? Sorry for going a little OT.

The black and "police interceptor" are there - but you are right, there is more chrome on that car than the typical interceptor.

I guess that's part of the "We're better and flashier than you" package that LAPD buys. :loldev:

Guest Hotwire83
"Tower Ladder" usually refers to a normal platform ladder with a Basket on the end, so a Fireman can use hoses, axes, even rescue cutters at height.

Having a ladder than can both telesope (get longer) and articulate (bend like an elbow) would be some neat engineering :)

Firefighter111: Those pics are all from '01 -- I don't think LAFD started ordering KMEs until 2005, might be wrong though.

Pierce has figured out a way to make it happen check this link out.

Articulated Tower/Ladder

Maybe it's meant to look like a civilian car? You might notice it has regular California plates instead of the "exempt" plates used by emergency vehicles.

Guest firemanzac

E-One picked up the Bronto from Pierce several years ago. Going back to before 1993/1994 time frame, Pierce built a limited number of Bronto's. One of our Volunteer Departments up here where I am at operated one for almost a decade until a Career Firefigher laid it on its side around 2005/2006 going to fast and taking a corner to sharp. They are great pieces, but not the fastest and they dont set up as quick as more conventional Aerial Devices. They also are Top Heavy. Once they are set up however, They are great to operate off of. Before they flipped it, I worked off the one I was talking about during a High Rise fire in 2003 and It worked great. Pierces replacement for its Bronto line is of course the Sky-Arm which I havent heard of any complaints.

Art

Wow!

I was right, that IS some neat engineering :D

I watched both videos. The pierce one didn't show too much, so it may be just as cool, but that E-One Bronto is awesome

post-26-1202312889_thumb.jpg

Maybe it's meant to look like a civilian car? You might notice it has regular California plates instead of the "exempt" plates used by emergency vehicles.

Yeah, just was surprised they went that far. The department here just uses regular white or black police interceptors with civi plates and no markings- that or something totally different from a crown vic. From what I've seen the neighboring department and NYPD tend to do the same.

Guest Hanover Firefighter
E-One picked up the Bronto from Pierce several years ago. Going back to before 1993/1994 time frame, Pierce built a limited number of Bronto's. One of our Volunteer Departments up here where I am at operated one for almost a decade until a Career Firefigher laid it on its side around 2005/2006 going to fast and taking a corner to sharp. They are great pieces, but not the fastest and they dont set up as quick as more conventional Aerial Devices. They also are Top Heavy. Once they are set up however, They are great to operate off of. Before they flipped it, I worked off the one I was talking about during a High Rise fire in 2003 and It worked great. Pierces replacement for its Bronto line is of course the Sky-Arm which I havent heard of any complaints.

Art

Bronto Skylift is actually an E-one model. E-one picked up the Bronto Skylift idea from engineering in Germany. Bronto Skylift has been made by E-one since the mid 80's and is popular seller in Canada. Now other companies such as Pierce, Sparatan, and ALF have made their own versions of an articulating boom but Bronto Skylift is a trademark of E-one.

Guest Hanover Firefighter
Yeah, just was surprised they went that far. The department here just uses regular white or black police interceptors with civi plates and no markings- that or something totally different from a crown vic. From what I've seen the neighboring department and NYPD tend to do the same.

The reasoning behind the "low profiled markings" are self explanatory. If that crown vic had pushbumpers then you could see it and know it was a police car from a mile away. The same reason with the civilian licence plate. If it had a city plate then it would have police car written all over it.

The reasoning behind the "low profiled markings" are self explanatory. If that crown vic had pushbumpers then you could see it and know it was a police car from a mile away. The same reason with the civilian licence plate. If it had a city plate then it would have police car written all over it.

Yeah, I was mostly commenting on how the car had crown victoria on the back where it usually says police interceptor. Its small and rarely gets noticed by anyone but around here usually the unmarked cars have it removed entirely. The fact that it had this made me wonder if it was actually manufactured as a civilian vehicle and originally lacked the speed and features of the police version or if it was actually made with the intention of being used as an unmarked. I definately get why they did it that way, just looks a lot more convincing than any of the other unmarked crown vics I've seen. lol

Guest ranger211

god i gotta stop posting and then ignoring the topic subscriptions changes in my inbox for a week. lol. so since my favorite The Whelen Liberty was voted off the island, i have to say the Arjent is my choice.

@ MikesPhotos: are you able to get a picture of the bar without the colored tops? I like that style consistent with the fact that LEDs do not require a colored lens to produce color. Thats one of the huge pluses, clear lens with color LEDs provide brighter lights with a lower profile.

Haha, very sad that CA doesn't light up there fleet like those videos. There's no fun in a just a few lights. :police:

Heres 2 pictures from an area department...hard to find, i would say that in MA, 75% of the departments that upgraded lightbars went to the Liberty.

65682389.w93ancMf.jpg

65683181.4zRSI126.jpg