Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

That's too bad, thanks for the reply Hoppah. It would add a nice touch of realism to force the trucks to wait in traffic.

So the Police cars were modified to act as civilian vehicles when they patrol?

Another thought, (although doesn't sound like it would be do-able), would be to have EMS or LAFD units be able to respond "cold" - (no lights or sirens and obey all traffic laws).

That's too bad, thanks for the reply Hoppah. It would add a nice touch of realism to force the trucks to wait in traffic.

So the Police cars were modified to act as civilian vehicles when they patrol?

Another thought, (although doesn't sound like it would be do-able), would be to have EMS or LAFD units be able to respond "cold" - (no lights or sirens and obey all traffic laws).

That's not possible neither. The police cars on patrol don't act like civilian cars. They're following a path and they're driving slower. They also go through red.

HEllo everyone again ;) I like to suggest a little bit reality :) Im configuring files myself, but it could be in 1.5 :

In reality, everyone can sit in vehicle whatever they want, for example, why cop cant give a lift for medic and etc. (Ill like to ask Hoppah, how i can do to let most personel get in most vehicles, im doing that by insertig tags in vehicles characteristic, but then i have problem, i cant add all personel here, too much...)

Also, for example medic car can carry only one medic... I have changed to 3, i think its more realistic... Same with equipment, i think most of car should have at least fire estuingisher. Thats my opinion :) I wondering that one day will be mod, where we could force police to chase or stop a car, which broken law (red light, speed limit) and give a "check" :) , when traffic cops asks information on car, it could be reported stolen...

I would like to add few notices too: Theres a lot of mess in vehicle description, i hope everything will be ok :) When officer gives question on people or car, its showing FREE_..., and etc, if you can fix it or delete ;) Patrolling vehicles often "collides" and stops all traffic.

Sry for my bad english language :) I think some of my minds will be useful, thanx for your attention. You unreal Hoppah ;)

Guest gnorman

hey hoppah for 1.6 i know 1.5 is just around the corner could you add some reserve Engines ?

this pare of 1984 seagrave's , the type was common in the 80's and 90's

post-1446-1201580748_thumb.jpg

Guest Mav1701

You'd want to re-adjust the cost of everything so buying lots of new engines would be "expensive"

Where we really might find room for new engine-types is if Hoppah becomes quite proficient with making those new animations, he might be able to animate up "foam" - so we'd need a Foam truck :)

Guest Hanover Firefighter
besides having them as another unit, what do you need them for if you already are able to have unlimated number of the current engines

Cause it adds realism and it looks good :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Well, i appreciate every new unit to the game :) More realism, and more fun... more units = more playtime with the game :) It's just like that !

Great work Hoppah, looking forward to this new version, and all the GREAT stuff you added.. also gratz on the animation part. i can imagine a whole new era of modding are rising :) Keep it up =)

Cold greets from Norway

You'd want to re-adjust the cost of everything so buying lots of new engines would be "expensive"

Where we really might find room for new engine-types is if Hoppah becomes quite proficient with making those new animations, he might be able to animate up "foam" - so we'd need a Foam truck :)

I do agree but as the LAFD corrospondant said, LAFD engines do not use foam. I think that they use special foam tenders.

I do agree but as the LAFD corrospondant said, LAFD engines do not use foam. I think that they use special foam tenders.

I believe you are referring to me :) Actually what I said was

Also, no the LAFD does not run any CAFS engines. They have a 30 gallon tank (usually) of Class A foam on each Type 1 Engine. LACoFD has recently recieved a few CAFS engines that are designated by a black top cab. (They looks a lot like Chicago FD rigs)

In addition, many rigs carry additional agents such as wet water, barricade gel, and ARFF foam depending on their area of operations.

The highlight of the older rigs, which many are still in use today as 2-Cars got me to thinking. Hoppah, would it be possible to make the 2nd Engine function like the LAFD "2 Car" in the light force? By that I mean base it more off of the foam tender in useage with an animated deck gun (or wagon battery as LAFD calls it). In function the changes would be thus:

* Limit the in-station staffing to 2 on the 2 car if truck is kept at 4, or 1 if truck is raised to 5.

* When chief is selected and truck is called, both truck and 2 car respond as a light force.

* Engine #2 is modified to allow for deck gun useage much the way the turret on the foam tender is now. If game physics allow, limit hose connections to 2 while deck gun is functional, raise to 4 when deck gun is off. Similar to the way the hydrant button is now for the foam tender. Other option would be to require a fireifghter to man it the way the aerial master stream requires. Even if not seen by the player, it would still handicap the player by 1 man accurately.

If nothing else, it would allow for a better distinction between the 1 and 2 engines currently modeled giving each their own special usage and abilities. It would also accurately represent the Los Angeles City Fire Departments Light Force/Task Force concept.

I've found that most calls in game can be handled with a Light Force or a Task Force. With 10 firefighters, a aerial master stream and a deck gun (ahem.. Wagon battery), there is very little that can't be resolved quickly.

Just some thoughts for 2 or 3 or 4.0

Mike

Guest LAPDguy

on the topic that Mike brought up about the solid burning lights i would like to offer my assistince to you hoopah as my dad is an LAPD pilot and i can take pictures and or videos of any lapd vehicle you would like ill include some pictures of solid lights. The only thing that mike left out was that LAPD slick tops have no directional lights but they do have blue and orange rear shelf lights that "wig wag" here are the pictures.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa67/Sc..._8daf433ad8.jpg

Blue and orange rear shelf lights

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa67/Schonely/lapd.jpg

Solid burning blue red pull over / take down lights

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa67/Sc...o_view_3922.jpg

solid burn blue and red

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa67/Sc...zonlisting3.jpg

i can take more clear pictures if you like

Here is a great video that shows rear shelf lights for you hoopah

(BTW i didn't take any of these photos)

Guest Thousand Foot Krutch

I simply love the amount of detail each different apparatus, police car, ambulance etc have. Simple detail can add so much to a game. The vanilla version of E4 and E3 is just to..."plain" The detail is one of my favorite things about the LA Mod although the entire mod is very nicely done.

I believe you are referring to me :) Actually what I said was

In addition, many rigs carry additional agents such as wet water, barricade gel, and ARFF foam depending on their area of operations.

The highlight of the older rigs, which many are still in use today as 2-Cars got me to thinking. Hoppah, would it be possible to make the 2nd Engine function like the LAFD "2 Car" in the light force? By that I mean base it more off of the foam tender in useage with an animated deck gun (or wagon battery as LAFD calls it). In function the changes would be thus:

* Limit the in-station staffing to 2 on the 2 car if truck is kept at 4, or 1 if truck is raised to 5.

* When chief is selected and truck is called, both truck and 2 car respond as a light force.

* Engine #2 is modified to allow for deck gun useage much the way the turret on the foam tender is now. If game physics allow, limit hose connections to 2 while deck gun is functional, raise to 4 when deck gun is off. Similar to the way the hydrant button is now for the foam tender. Other option would be to require a fireifghter to man it the way the aerial master stream requires. Even if not seen by the player, it would still handicap the player by 1 man accurately.

If nothing else, it would allow for a better distinction between the 1 and 2 engines currently modeled giving each their own special usage and abilities. It would also accurately represent the Los Angeles City Fire Departments Light Force/Task Force concept.

I've found that most calls in game can be handled with a Light Force or a Task Force. With 10 firefighters, a aerial master stream and a deck gun (ahem.. Wagon battery), there is very little that can't be resolved quickly.

Just some thoughts for 2 or 3 or 4.0

Mike

my mistake I misread :1046275873_shakehead:

[long post]

Great idea. It's not possible to combine hose connections (GTF vehicle type) with a water cannon/deck gun (TLF vehicle type), because vehicles types can't be combined. Although there is one thing I can try. In Emergency 3 it wasn't possible to connect hoses the vehicles (GTF vehicle type didn't exist). Until a nice script made by someone actually made it possible in almost a similar way as in EM4. I can try to make a similar script for Emergency 4. I am not going to add more stuff to v1.5, but I will make a list with ideas for v1.6 soon, including your idea. :)