Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

In the original Emergency game there was an accident on a motorway with like a coach and several cars crashing, the coach ended up on its side in the forest next to the motorway, passengers everywhere, not wearing their seatbelts i guess. You had to put out the slow down signs on the motorway, otherwise further collisions occured.

I remember that mission. I never figured out the whole sign thing, so what I used to do was I blocked it with Police cars and spike strips, and even though the car died from the spike strips, it still says the car collieded!

I remember that mission. I never figured out the whole sign thing, so what I used to do was I blocked it with Police cars and spike strips, and even though the car died from the spike strips, it still says the car collieded!

It's right by the bridge. It's on the guardrail it's just a little T shaped object.

BTW the driver who was wearing that paul bunyon shirt dropped a case of caffine pills, and wasn't looking at the road, the car went off the road and hit some posts and eventually flipped over. I really should make an Emergency topic but I loved those missions.

How big will the biggest car crash be in the new map?

I know that LA hospitals usually contract out to ambulance companies such as AMR to transfer patients from hospital to hospital, or hospital to nursing homes. I thinki AMR lost their contract so i'm not sure what ambulance company does it now. I know I hated IFT (inter facility transports) calls when I worked at AMR, and I'm not sure it would be the most fun missions, but it is an idea.

As for the multipatient ambulances, here in southern California we can take 2 patients to the hospital at once in one ambulance. BUT they have to be very minor, to the fact that we are pretty much just observing them. Usually they are from TC's that are minor fender benders. I have transported like this a few times. but it takes up both the gurney and the bench seat so it starts to get cramped in the ambulance. We used to be able to hang a third patient on a backboard from the ceiling and side wall, but that is not allowed in CA any more. Since we are in a state with the one of the highest law suit rates with a lot of sue happy people, we have to be very careful how we transport and treat our patients. So I guess if you were able to script it some how to say you can only transport to slightly injured patients, it would be realistic. Like how BLS units can't treat severely injured people. I think this would take time if even possible to do.

I hoped that helped in answering that question.

As far as I know, AMR has lost it with a few of the hospitals, but not all, cause Kaiser Permanente in Culver City still uses AMR as far as i know. Where do you work, by the way, cause L.A City Fire only transports 1 person at a time. I've never seen any ambulance transport more than 1. By transporting more than 1, you increase chance of infection. The single patient in the back is plenty, cause really, box buses are used for the Critical Care. I think Hoppah has it great, I don't think there's anything that needs to be changed with the ambulances.

I've also been talking with guys from engine and truck 37, if your farmiliar.

Guys, please do me and I'm sure the entire LA mod team a favour. If you want to talk about patient numbers for ambulances, make a topic, debate it there. Hoppah has stated many a time, as for now, it'll stay 1 patient, and if you wanna change it then go ahead.

Thanks,

Newfoundking

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is gonna be awesome upon release!

In the original Emergency game there was an accident on a motorway with like a coach and several cars crashing, the coach ended up on its side in the forest next to the motorway, passengers everywhere, not wearing their seatbelts i guess. You had to put out the slow down signs on the motorway, otherwise further collisions occured.

No bus I have ever been on has seat belts weather a school bus or a tour bus, so of course they werent wearing seat belts :P

No bus I have ever been on has seat belts weather a school bus or a tour bus, so of course they werent wearing seat belts :P

A bus without seatbelts? this is madness. They should've worn those invisible seatbelts...

I'm kinda wondering. Will this mod have new missions or the 10 original ones...

I've been on bus's before that have seatbelts (here in CA and in other states), legally I believe they have to provide them here in California. But I haven't been on one that requires you to wear them or even mentions them, they just hang there.

-d

Hoppah,

I'm not one to recommend ridiculous changes. I'm sure you've thought of this before, but is there any way for the firefighters to don SCBAs before they make the hose connections? In real life anywhere, including LA, you're very rarely going to conduct fire suppression without an SCBA.

That could be added into the things they would have to do. It is realistic sometimes, however if the Firefighters will just be going to attack the fire from farther back, then they mightn't wear SCBA...

A very easy way to set this is to call SCBA firefighters to go to your vehicle instead of regular...

just to say lol....most firefighters in the US don SCBA'a on any structure fire where they will be actively attacking the fire (cheifs, drivers, medics are not included because they will not enter a hot zone where life is immediatlyat risk) they keep the SCBA's on because of the built-in pass and in the event of rapid entry there arent a buncha guys running for thier SCBAs :) but like it has been said, this is a game, no a sim. But that is the information. :)

Hoppah,

I'm not one to recommend ridiculous changes. I'm sure you've thought of this before, but is there any way for the firefighters to don SCBAs before they make the hose connections? In real life anywhere, including LA, you're very rarely going to conduct fire suppression without an SCBA.

Actually, in LA, usually the entry team and ventilation teams wear SCBA.

That could be added into the things they would have to do. It is realistic sometimes, however if the Firefighters will just be going to attack the fire from farther back, then they mightn't wear SCBA...

A very easy way to set this is to call SCBA firefighters to go to your vehicle instead of regular...

Your right, we attack the fire from further back. Only if its possible for ventilation or entry is SCBA in use. If a structure is fully involved, we usually let our SCBA hang, or don't wear it at all. Don't need it for every fire.

just to say lol....most firefighters in the US don SCBA'a on any structure fire where they will be actively attacking the fire (cheifs, drivers, medics are not included because they will not enter a hot zone where life is immediatlyat risk) they keep the SCBA's on because of the built-in pass and in the event of rapid entry there arent a buncha guys running for thier SCBAs :) but like it has been said, this is a game, no a sim. But that is the information. :)

Again. Here, we don't have to don it all the time. Usually entry. But, its bulky and gets in the way, and the PASS gets on everyones nerves after a while. Entry definately needs scba and PASS though. a while back, there was a 2nd story attic fire, and the 2nd story floor collapsed, 2 guys fell through. off topic story o.O anyways, point is, its not really necessary, the only time I see fit is if there's a fire inside. otherwise, not necessary :) hoppah i think has it fine.

Guys, please do me and I'm sure the entire LA mod team a favour. If you want to talk about patient numbers for ambulances, make a topic, debate it there. Hoppah has stated many a time, as for now, it'll stay 1 patient, and if you wanna change it then go ahead.

Thanks,

Newfoundking

Ok this doesn't have to happen but we do have a few army units and I was watching the history channel or mail call something like that. Anyways they got these new humvees that have 5 beds to haul solders off the battle field. They rotate like a car lot that has 6 stacked high, I am not asking for just bringing it to the discussion.

Ok this doesn't have to happen but we do have a few army units and I was watching the history channel or mail call something like that. Anyways they got these new humvees that have 5 beds to haul solders off the battle field. They rotate like a car lot that has 6 stacked high, I am not asking for just bringing it to the discussion.

M997_Ambulance.jpg

Yep.. CASEVAC humvee...