itchboy

Itchboy's Model Works

It may be a cube, but to round the parts that need to be rounded adds polys to it's cube... The underside, tire wells, front bumper clip, and the angles for the sides.  Mine for the same type is 1427...

Thanks for liking it. Here's some progress:

post-58368-0-10316800-1403532006_thumb.p

So far, I have the 2 trucks in the previous posts uv mapped. I am at a crossroads on how to proceed. Do the skins myself, which will take a lot of time. OR, send the skins to someone who is capable, can do it quickly and can do textures consistent to the ones already in the mod. Of course, this person will be credited and will receive the gratefullness of the community.

Tbh... for these types of vehicles it's just the front (cab area) that requires any time, otherwise most these vehicles of the same classes have pretty much the same setup rear n sides.  I wouldnt expect to put too much time into making a skin for either of these.

Just wondering are the police vehicles and the new LA ambulance included in the newest download itchboy?

They are available as separate downloads.

The police vehicles are in the downloads page.

The new LA Ambulances will be included in a certain mod (to be released soon)

They are available as separate downloads.

The police vehicles are in the downloads page.

The new LA Ambulances will be included in a certain mod (to be released soon)

Ok thanks. Are the police vehicles in the LAPD/CHP/LASD liveries already?

Oooooh ok, well I look forward to it, because they look epic :D

Ok thanks. Are the police vehicles in the LAPD/CHP/LASD liveries already?

Oooooh ok, well I look forward to it, because they look epic :D

Those units. Technically, they are ready but they have goog and CFD's childs on them. Because of this, I am unable to release them yet. I might take it up with them if they would like to have my units included in the LA Police Upgrade mod.

post-58368-0-99427000-1403864471_thumb.j

Does the International truck look underscaled or is it okay to continue doing the lights

Those units. Technically, they are ready but they have goog and CFD's childs on them. Because of this, I am unable to release them yet. I might take it up with them if they would like to have my units included in the LA Police Upgrade mod.

Em4Deluxe 2014-06-27 18-17-01-07.jpg

Does the International truck look underscaled or is it okay to continue doing the lights

I agree the rig looks a little small but excellent work as ever

The trucks do look a little out of proportion to each other, but considering just how out of proportion all vehicles are to the people in the game I'm not sure it really matters that much.

As I have never ever seen any of these vehicles in person, scale is quite difficult considering i cant find much info on vehicle length of the step van. I would like to ask you though, which one should change, should the stepvan be smaller or the cargo truck be bigger?

I agree the rig looks a little small but excellent work as ever

I based its scale on the USFS fire truck and the roll back tow truck since they are similar types of vehicles. I dont really know what else to go on atm. Thanks for letting me know that its too small. I almost started doing its lights.

EDIT : Better guys ?

post-58368-0-24605300-1403871276_thumb.j

Its fairly simple, the cab it's self is a med class chassis, meaning that it aint the same overall size as a full blown 18 wheeler rig, not as tall and not as wide as say the freightliner century... The box on the rear is roughly the same height as a conventional semi-trailer, the length is varied depending upon the model that it is, the common box lengths are : 20 ft, 25 ft, 30 ft. (not counting the cab on the front)  Meaning that these things can vary quite a bit, the height of a commercial vehicle is roughly the same measured from the truck bed floor, this is done so they can park at a commercial/industrial district loading dock and be offloaded/loaded without needing ramps.

The same is said when it concerns the step vans, they come in multiple lengths averaging 20 feet for the cargo area, some are longer some are shorter the cab area of it is not counted in the working length..

Slightly longer than an average step van, again the step vans come in varying lengths too some are as small as 12 feet or so for the cargo areas.

I would love to see a new Freightliner and Peterbilt to rollout from Itchboy's Production Factory.

There are two other trucks planned atm. The GMC Topkick and Kenworth truck. Probably will serve as a dump truck, a cement truck and a garbage truck.

Maybe I can get them done by next week.