Dyson

[WIP] Manhattan Modification [The Upper East Side] *New Video*

Feedback poll  

433 members have voted

1. 1. Can you run the mod?

2. 2. Do you enjoy the mod (scale 5 being highest)?

• 5 - Very much
    • 4 - A lot
    • It's ok but nothing special
    • Needs improvements
    • Terrible needs drastic improvements (Go on haters go crazy)
  3. 3. Crash frequencies (once in game)

• Every time I play it crashes
    • Most of the time it crashes
    • Had a few crashes
    • Very few crashes
    • Never crashed so far

Hey guys, awesome mod!  I'm wondering about a couple things though.  So I installed it, installed the hotfix but there are still a few issues.  To start with, most of my FDNY units can't be moved once they're on-scene, even with all the FFs/Captain in the rig.  Second is that a few of the doors are missing from a unit, particularly the NYPD HWY unmarked Charger.  Thanks again, the mod is legendary great job!

Can we get a mirror? It wants to me to install the mega add on, which I dont want to but did. Yet I still can;t download it even after restarting firefox. It just wants me to install the add on again and again.

Try on chrome, I'm not sure if anyone's uploaded to a separate mirror yet, I wasn't really involved in the last patch 

Can we get a mirror? It wants to me to install the mega add on, which I dont want to but did. Yet I still can;t download it even after restarting firefox. It just wants me to install the add on again and again.

I uploaded it so 4shared a couple days ago for someone else who couldn't use mega, forgot to put the links on here. Its now added on the NYCERU general topic page.

How do people get photos to come up when they post

I'm guessing you mean in their signature area, at the bottom of the posts... That is done in the profile editor, look at the top right of the forum you will see your name, click it in the drop down list is my profile, then click edit edit my profile,  within there you will find your signature section listed to the left.  Put in what you want in the edit my signature space and save the changes and it will post that content with every post you do.

I may be in the minority, but I'd like to see the updates and optimization on the Manhattan mod before or at least at the same time as Brooklyn. I just got a new PC with a decent graphics set up, but I am gettting terrible FPS on this mod. I would love to see the tall buildings go to a ghost pattern rather than the current set up. It's just too hard to try to see into th ground floor of the high rise buildings....also the firehouses shouldn't be at the very end of the map. Moving them in a block would make life easier.....and keep the buildings in front of them to 1 or 2 stories or ghost them please......

It's probably asking a lot, but I'd like 2 seperate but equal mods. Just different maps. I'm psyched for Brooklyn. But I think that Manhattan needs to be brought up to speed before you guys move on. Just my opinion.....

I may be in the minority, but I'd like to see the updates and optimization on the Manhattan mod before or at least at the same time as Brooklyn. I just got a new PC with a decent graphics set up, but I am gettting terrible FPS on this mod. I would love to see the tall buildings go to a ghost pattern rather than the current set up. It's just too hard to try to see into th ground floor of the high rise buildings....also the firehouses shouldn't be at the very end of the map. Moving them in a block would make life easier.....and keep the buildings in front of them to 1 or 2 stories or ghost them please......

It's probably asking a lot, but I'd like 2 seperate but equal mods. Just different maps. I'm psyched for Brooklyn. But I think that Manhattan needs to be brought up to speed before you guys move on. Just my opinion.....

Every version is a gradual improvement from the last, v3 was stable and involved good gameplay so we decided to freshen up whilst we were ahead the optimisation is just another example of how we progress version by version. We will return to this mod rather than just refuse to look forward :)

Also the cam hack is coded into the Brooklyn mod which is another element that will be transferred to future versions of this mod , which wil reduce the high rise issues for players who haven't downloaded it themselves.

Anyway yeah of course this will be updated but after we've finished working on the latest version which happens to be Brooklyn :)

Every version is a gradual improvement from the last, v3 was stable and involved good gameplay so we decided to freshen up whilst we were ahead the optimisation is just another example of how we progress version by version. We will return to this mod rather than just refuse to look forward :)

Also the cam hack is coded into the Brooklyn mod which is another element that will be transferred to future versions of this mod , which wil reduce the high rise issues for players who haven't downloaded it themselves.

Anyway yeah of course this will be updated but after we've finished working on the latest version which happens to be Brooklyn :)

10-4

Can anybody tell what setting can reduce the lag for when I have lots of units with their lights on? I have settings on high as I have a pretty decent computer, although once a lot of units are at a scene with their lights on, then it starts lagging. Is there a setting that I could turn down to reduce this lag? 

If anything, just lower the overall graphics settings.  You said you have them on high, try putting them to medium.  Regardless, you'll always get a bit of lag when there's a lot of units, but it won't be as bad if you turn the graphics to medium.