That is a political protest

Hmm, that's the only event I've ever run into in the LA Mod. I did not realize there was new types of events here. Though I play with only FIRE/EMS calls since it's easier to manage in SP.

your not supposed to send the fire trucks back, they stay at their assigned stations ;)

Sorry, I didn't mean firetrucks. Civvie trucks that try to cross that bridge get stuck.

Umm I don't believe that is true. In the first version I never had a bug like that and I have only ran into it on one other map (the MP fire command map that used the woods map)

I know you guys only changed a few thing.building wise, so i am wondering if this might have been a regular bug that just showed up.

@firefighter23 once u open it with something like win rar u will have a bigger folder just drag that into the em4 mod folder don't need to replace anything or create a folder and play

I can't seem to download 4.0.4 or 3.3.2 in the EM-Planet downloads section. I go to the mod and press the download button. It then gives the disclaimer thing, to which I press "agree and download". But instead of continuing, it just reloads the disclaimer page, and it doesn't download the mod. How can this be solved?

For some reason I have la mod but there's no Mod folder in my 911FR folder, so I made one and dragged the Harbor City Public folder into the Mods folder, but it still isn't showing up in mods in the main menu of the game. Btw the mod key in the folder says it was damaged. Could this be a problem?

I can't seem to download 4.0.4 or 3.3.2 in the EM-Planet downloads section. I go to the mod and press the download button. It then gives the disclaimer thing, to which I press "agree and download". But instead of continuing, it just reloads the disclaimer page, and it doesn't download the mod. How can this be solved?

Right click on it an press open. Hopefully it works on both. :bia:

Do you have to register on the squad 55 forum to get access to the downloads? Because I typed in www.squad55.com/download.php and it said there were no available downloads.

Yes you do have to register.

Try logging out of EM planet and log back in. Also try downloading via Google Chrome/Internet explorer etc.

Nice work, love the map! A few questions; is there any plans to get the Battalion chief’s call units script working? Also why do you only have crews of three in the fire appliances? Most departments/ Services use four as their 'minimum shift manning'/ crewing due to health and safety reasons. You will usually only get crews of three in small privatised Fire Departments/ services due to the cost cutting that privatising brings. Unfortunately is at the detriment of the service provided to the community and the safety of the Fire fighters. Here in New Zealand we have four as our minimum (and maximum) shift manning for an individual appliance but we envy those in places like New York and London with bigger budgets that carry more!

to answer your question is fairly simple.

Do you see four fire fighters rushing into a house fire on the first due truck?

No, usually you will only have two on the first due truck. Your officer and pump operator/driver will NOT go in on the first due truck. Some Departments even go as far as not allowing a truck operator to leave the truck/go as far as staging.

Thats why they would only have three (please tell me I am wrong :) )

I go as far as only usually use two in the LA mod some times.. it just makes it more realistic for me :)

Hope that answers your question.

It varies greatly from area to area. Theoretically speaking saying Harbor City is a real city, a city of that size and type of staffing typically has two approaches. One is that the engine crew and medic crew respond to fire calls together and the medic crew have gear with them to work as fire fighters on scene. This gives them a crew of five while being able to provide EMS services, etc. between times of big calls. Another approach is the that they know the second due unit is close enough to allow operations. This is common in the City of Minneapolis, where engine companies have a crew of three (Engineer, Officer, and Fire Fighter). They make entry with the officer and fire fighter, while the engineer secures water supply and lines. Then the idea is that the second due should be there by the time they make entry.

to answer your question is fairly simple.

Do you see four fire fighters rushing into a house fire on the first due truck?

No, usually you will only have two on the first due truck. Your officer and pump operator/driver will NOT go in on the first due truck. Some Departments even go as far as not allowing a truck operator to leave the truck/go as far as staging.

Thats why they would only have three (please tell me I am wrong :) )

I go as far as only usually use two in the LA mod some times.. it just makes it more realistic for me :)

Hope that answers your question.

I am a fulltime career fire fighter so I am well aware what happens at a house fire. It is commonly accepted internationally that the minimum crew for an interior fire attack or search and rescue is four. That is not to say four will enter but for a crew of two to enter there must be a rescue team of at least two outside. In North America I believe this is called the 'two in, two out rule.' With the first arriving appliance the Officer and pump op/driver for fill the role of the rescue crew until a second appliance arrives. Practically they are busy doing other things but it satisfies the health and safety policy etc.

It varies greatly from area to area. Theoretically speaking saying Harbor City is a real city, a city of that size and type of staffing typically has two approaches. One is that the engine crew and medic crew respond to fire calls together and the medic crew have gear with them to work as fire fighters on scene. This gives them a crew of five while being able to provide EMS services, etc. between times of big calls. Another approach is the that they know the second due unit is close enough to allow operations. This is common in the City of Minneapolis, where engine companies have a crew of three (Engineer, Officer, and Fire Fighter). They make entry with the officer and fire fighter, while the engineer secures water supply and lines. Then the idea is that the second due should be there by the time they make entry.

Ah that answers my question thanks.