emergency4freak

Emergency Unit Pictures

Would anyone be interested in a emergency services video thread? I have a new Canon 550D coming soon and it shoots very good film, and i know other users here like videos (like above)

I would be interest in that :D.

I also have alot of videos fo Portuguese Emergency Services :)

Those are actually really good rambars. As Squamishfire said right as I was typing this post, they're good because they provide full protection. 

I'm looking at the fronts, and it looks almost as if there is some sort of rubber or similar ending on the very front. This means that they Won't do as much damage to the other vehicle as well. Not just in PIT maneuvers, but in many other things they're gonna be pushing. I've seen police cars and other emergency vehicles be used to push parked vehicles out of the way in the event they're blocking fire trucks from accessing a fire, or whatever, as well as out of dangers way. Given I'd rather a dented bumper than a crushed car due to train, it'd be nice to not have the bumper dented either. 

Point given, it's better they've got those than some half assed rambars. 

PS You can't PIT a semi ;)

Today I went to the Civil Protection Week on Almada, Portugal.

IMGP2782.jpg

Almada VFD Brush Patrol

Portuguese Police - K9 Unit

IMGP2786.jpg

Trafaria VFD Rescue Unit (They were supposed to do a rescue exercise to the public, but, funny story, someone failed, and they dindt had a car to cut, probably someone is gettin fired xD.)

IMGP2789.jpg

IMGP2791.jpg

Trafaria VFD Ambulance 02

IMGP2790.jpg

whoa what's with the ram bars on them!?

The northern Regional Police and McCandless Police  ram bars are installed by Ibis tek.  This is there parent Company.

I also got a picture of there demonstrator car in traffic one day.  Fourth row first picture on the first link, also first row fourth is another McCandless PD car.  

12432935514_d9534b608e_z.jpg

that's a nice livery is the one of the new chargers?

I believe it might be brand spanking new.with in this year.  It certainly the first one I seen for this department.

http://cranberry.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/cranberry-police-to-get-trucking-with-new-ford-f-150

Middlesex township? Really? The joke makes itself...

Realy? It not like this is the first time I post a picture of unit form this area on this site

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/1539-emergency-unit-pictures/page-43#entry266578

Not to mention the MVA pictures I post Jan 30 that appear to have been lost in server crash.

History of middlesex Township, Butler, PA.

Middlesex Township lies entirely within the "Last Purchase of 1784" being the next to last land bought from the Indians as negotiated by the second Treaty of Ft. Stanwix.

Middlesex Township was one of the four original townships recognized as early as 1794 still located in Allegheny County, and one of the original thirteen townships of Butler County in 1804.

By Act of Legislation on March 12, 1800 the County of Butler was officially born.  This Act provided for the attachment of Butler County to Allegheny County for administrative purposes.  The Act also provided that the county seat be located no further than four miles from the center of the county.

Thus, in March 1803, three men were authorized to survey 300 acres on the north side of the Connoquenessing Creek and lay out lots for sale, setting aside a piece of land not exceeding five acres for county buildings.  From 1800 to the end of 1803, a total of $5,5283.90 in taxes was collected from the original four townships of Connoquenessing, Middlesex, Slippery Rock, and Buffalo.

Middlesex Township leaders submitted a petition to the Court on June 18, 1853 leading to the ultimate establishment of today's township boundaries. The state finalized the matter by an Act of Legislature March 29, 1854 and today's Middlesex Township was born.  The Courts approved the present division of thirty-three Townships, each one being approximately five miles square.

It has been theorized that the name "Middlesex" was derived from the Township's position in between or in the middle of other municipalities. It lies along the Allegheny County line, bordered by Adams Township to the west, Forward Township to the northwest, Penn Township to the north, Richland Township, Allegheny County to the south, and Clinton Township to the east.

The southeastern corner of the Township has always seemed to be the Townships' "cradle of civilization". Many early industries included a gristmill, sawmill, tannery, distillery, and a coffin shop in 1822.

Most of the Township's newcomers settle in the southern parts of the Township, while the north is still primarily farmland.