emergency4freak

Emergency Unit Pictures

I love it too xD.

That old livery that Ghost showed, is now used by the FD'S, with some of those being more cool or beautiful than others.

Some FD'S here also use Red with white stripes ambulances (Now all new  FD ambulances from 2012 are all painted with that livery by the law). 

Red Cross uses since 2010 that white with blue stripes livery too (The law xD)

Like i said, i love INEM livery, but for isn't the most epic and beautiful in Portugal. In that place i have to put Torres Vedras Fire Department or Lourinha VFD xD.

http://chicagoareafire.com/CAF_Mabas_index.html

This site has every department in Northern Illinois. How it's divided in Northern Illinois and south of chicago is called MABAS or Mutual Aid box alarm system. On this site all you have to do is click on a division and then select the town and look at the rigs. Chicago is in Division 9 and you can see the units through there respective districts and battalions! Also if you click on the news section you will be able to see stories in public safety that are around Chicago and pictures from fires in the Chicago land area.

NE Ohio fans of emergency vehicles! Akron has put out 2 of their new vehicles on active duty!

12489859084_62db860c6f_z.jpg

Some pics taken last weekend...

2s8w.jpg

INEM BLS Ambulance responding to a call, taken inside the car. [VW Crafter]

rsk4.jpg

Beato's Volunteer Fire Department - Brush fire truck. [1983 Renault 85 150 TI]

3gq6.jpg

Beato's Volunteer Fire Department - Some equipment vehicles and ambulances.

cinr.jpg

Beato's Volunteer Fire Department - "Rural" fire fighting vehicle. [Mercedes-Benz NG]

9697.jpg

5sv4.jpg

Beato's Volunteer Fire Department - Intensive Care Ambulance (box ambulances are amazingly rare in Portugal / notice the spanish license plate) [Mercedes-Benz Sprinter - Germany style]

Note: Despite the good vehicles and equipment, Beato's fire station is one of the worst in Portugal. They have no defined place to sleep, no air conditioning and when it rains, everyone gets wet. This is happening because they are using an old palace as a station since their fundation date. The city hall doesn't care about this and the fire fighters are sparing their own money to get better conditions and a new firehouse. Despite the bad conditions, this is the volunteer department that has more calls in Lisbon (RSB Lisboa and INEM handle about 80% of the calls) and they are considered one of the best VFDs in the capital.

I dunno about you but I much prefer the blue on white scheme rather then the old gold/orange on navy blue. Gold/navy blue wasnt to bad but the orange on navy blue was one of the ugliest I have ever seen from any department!

Note: Despite the good vehicles and equipment, Beato's fire station is one of the worst in Portugal. They have no defined place to sleep, no air conditioning and when it rains, everyone gets wet. This is happening because they are using an old palace as a station since their fundation date. The city hall doesn't care about this and the fire fighters are sparing their own money to get better conditions and a new firehouse. Despite the bad conditions, this is the volunteer department that has more calls in Lisbon (RSB Lisboa and INEM handle about 80% of the calls) and they are considered one of the best VFDs in the capital.

so the firefighters etc have no place just on the side of the street? there's no way they would get away with that here health and safety would be all over it

I dunno about you but I much prefer the blue on white scheme rather then the old gold/orange on navy blue. Gold/navy blue wasnt to bad but the orange on navy blue was one of the ugliest I have ever seen from any department!

I got no idea what the old cars look like. Not from Indian. My company just has several customer in Indianian.

Of course my last trip was to Virginia. So here some goodies from that trip.

Virginia Emergency Vehicles

MVA as was leaving to drive home.

12730458404_c18024071e_z.jpg

Roanoke Police.  If you look at the above photo you should see this Vehicle in it.

12730465924_53639eba5f_z.jpg

Salem Fire Department Medic 802.

12729951455_1ba570a404_z.jpg

Saw these police cars while stop at red light. The day I drove down.  There where three total.  only got pictures of two.

12683749515_90f29e35f8_z.jpg

12683736435_094fbf8ce1_z.jpg

Took this with my Cell well getting lunch. Left my camera behind.

12683997524_ae09ceb2a6_z.jpg