emergency4freak

Emergency Unit Pictures

I'm guessing the only place for taking pictures of awesome cars is London?

I just bought a new camera and want to take pics of cool cars :D

You'd have a chance at pretty much any big junction though London is ALWAYS busy with stuff, best spots in London are Trafalgar Square, Lambeth Roundabout and Euston Road. Got loads of photos recently from several different incidents;

9456156431_1de44b4c1e_z.jpg

LFB High Volume Pump at the burst water main in Herne Hill

9456218679_57b61f5395_z.jpg

LFB Fire Rescue Unit also at Herne Hill, another FRU and 8 other Pumps were also in attendence

9459043294_128b862d11_z.jpg

Islington and Lewisham's Command Units on the scene

9459268292_72b554df6c_z.jpg

BMW 330D belonging to a senior fire officer (american equivalent would be a fire chief) Probably 10 different cars like this were on the scene

If anyone was wondering that this was a very OTT response for a burst water main the water was 1 metre high and they even had to dispatch a rescue boat

9471600254_a14cf7b729_z.jpg

One of the Met's BMW 325D's now being used as a spare area cars covering for one of Westminsters Skoda's

9465910601_56f453c1b2_z.jpg

An unmarked Seat Exeo Sport also from the Met - 2.0TSI engine with 197HP

9467357216_78e00d9e2a_z.jpg

BMW 530D traffic car on a traffic stop! Quite like how this came out almost like a PR shot 

9467362400_327453d2d8_z.jpg

Brand new Dog Unit donning the battenburg, definately suits these

9454563826_71d9953449_z.jpg

And another one, conveniently near my house at an incident arresting some yobbo's with knives 

9451791649_00a4fe9fc0_z.jpg

Spare area car also on scene - no idea what this was covering for as both of my normal ANPR cars were there along with 2 station vans and several IRV's

9465297017_7cb827a0e2_z.jpg

Last but not least one of two DPG X5's on a hard stop in Embankment, this one cut up the car from the front and the one behind it boxed it in, something serious must have come up on the ANPR but it was impressive to see!

Hope you like them, lots more on my flickr page :) http://www.flickr.com/photos/neil-gordhan-photography/

British cars are underpowed light wise. Barely any 360 illumination

Example i saw a unmarked car the other with ONLY back blue lights. No lights were visible in the front, it looked normal

British police a list of light commands so they just turned on the back blue.

British police a list of light commands so they just turned on the back blue.

Thats dangerous, why would you have only back lights on. You're not at all visible from the people who are supposed to be moving out your way, who are notified by the blue lights..

Thats dangerous, why would you have only back lights on. You're not at all visible from the people who are supposed to be moving out your way, who are notified by the blue lights..

If a suspect is behind you you don't want to spook everyone else around you.

Anyone else feel slightly embarrassed when taking pictures of police cars, lol?

In my immediate area I dispatch for them, and they all know me. Elsewhere, if it's something where I have a chance to walk up to the officer, and ask permission I will. A little respect will go a long way with most law enforcement, and other first responders.