Freakinmusket

[WIP] LA County Submod

Ok guys so now for another update, I've edited the map quite a bit, and I have several refineries and such to make it a bit more Carson-ish. I have also taken away the port and made it a refinery/rail yard, with some awesome calls!

refinery3.jpg

refinery4.jpg

refinery2.jpg

refinery1.jpg

Now here are some pics of the refinery... as a 2 alarm structure fire!

refineryfire1.jpg

refineryfire.jpg

Here is just a traffic stop turned into a drug arrest, I added it for some ambiance, I got the idea from Dyson's NY Mod (Thanks buddy :cheers-mate: )

notmine.jpg

goody.jpg

hey i love the new map pics of the LACOFD and LACOSO, but i noticed in one of the shots i saw a LAFD Ambulance i would like to know what you are going to do about it are you going to turn them into a AMR(American Medical Respones) or Mccormick ambulance or into a LA County Fire unit

Yes I am going to reskin the ambulance E343, it will probably be a McCormick or maybe a Care ambulance.

Firefighter 111 that was a texture SNAFU I was trying to get just the tiller cab red, but the ladder turned red to and I just haven't bothered to fix it yet.

Yes I am going to reskin the ambulance E343, it will probably be a McCormick or maybe a Care ambulance.

Freakinmusket If you are going to reskin the ambulances than use McCormick because AMR sorry EMSC bought out care ambulance a couple months ago and the change will happen at the end of this year.

Firefighter 111 that was a texture SNAFU I was trying to get just the tiller cab red, but the ladder turned red to and I just haven't bothered to fix it yet.

Impressive Mod. I must say, at first when I saw another LA mod I was like blah we already have a LA Mod I can't see what differences LACO would have. Obviously, in hindsight I was extremely wrong. This mod is very very impressive, those are some beautiful units in the work, and I will be eagerly awaiting it's release.

Love the submod man! its so Awesome looking so far! Question, are you going to reskin the HazMat to look like HM 76, or like HM 129? Heres some links for reference:

4034553951_512d10a8f2.jpg

lacofd_hazmat76_1.jpg

It will be like 129's, the HM task force in Battalion 7 is a tractor drawn one like 76's, which I can actually see from my backyard, did a project on the station, some real cool dudes there. Anyways, back on topic, I am doing the KME HAZMAT because it is easier and I don't have to script shit lol.

Impressive Mod. I must say, at first when I saw another LA mod I was like blah we already have a LA Mod I can't see what differences LACO would have. Obviously, in hindsight I was extremely wrong. This mod is very very impressive, those are some beautiful units in the work, and I will be eagerly awaiting it's release.

Thank you Pyro, I do appreciate it, while not trying to knock the other good Los Angeles-area mods out there, I felt this one HAD to be made seeing as how LACoFD and LASD cover such a wider area than LAFD and LAPD, and thus, there is the possibility for more types of calls. Seeing the Carson region for example, is a stones throw from Compton, which I'm sure everyone is familiar with, and extremely high crime area, which is good for those guys who love to play the police role. I on the other hand am training to become a firefighter, and therefore love that portion, so I get to battle the commercial/chemical/refinery fires that come with the territory. I'm trying to make it as balanced as possible.

It will be like 129's, the HM task force in Battalion 7 is a tractor drawn one like 76's, which I can actually see from my backyard, did a project on the station, some real cool dudes there. Anyways, back on topic, I am doing the KME HAZMAT because it is easier and I don't have to script shit lol.

Thank you Pyro, I do appreciate it, while not trying to knock the other good Los Angeles-area mods out there, I felt this one HAD to be made seeing as how LACoFD and LASD cover such a wider area than LAFD and LAPD, and thus, there is the possibility for more types of calls. Seeing the Carson region for example, is a stones throw from Compton, which I'm sure everyone is familiar with, and extremely high crime area, which is good for those guys who love to play the police role. I on the other hand am training to become a firefighter, and therefore love that portion, so I get to battle the commercial/chemical/refinery fires that come with the territory. I'm trying to make it as balanced as possible.

Can't blame u trailers=evil.... Onto the second point... Unfortunately EMS if you use the "core" code as I've went with EMS gets screwed, there just aint many calls unless you feel like police brutality is a tactical necessity (IE you just shoot the SOB rather than arrest them my tactic of choice for rioting, kill em all arrest the sign carrier)...... I digress, this game really favored the PD by default, fire 2nd and EMS got the shaft so if you use the core game as the LA mod or your submod or my mod does... not much we can do to make EMS more involving without it being the player's "sandbox" that makes it requires=/

Lol while I do agree with you on some point, I feel like my game is nothing but medical aids and TCs which are, albeit real, are also kind of annoying, so I am going to figure out how to script TCs or have someone help me with that for some more variety. Oh and on the subject of riots, I hate them. I sent 4 patrol cars and all of em kicked the shit out of my deputies, so I brought in the national guard and the M4s made short work of em lol.

Yeah, me too I send the national guard with lot of snipers to the riots :cool:

Are you going to do new missions? A place with huge industry and refinerys would be great to do difficult missions of toxic gas leaks, huge fires with lot of explosions and many other accidents :)

Are you going to do new missions? A place with huge industry and refinerys would be great to do difficult missions of toxic gas leaks, huge fires with lot of explosions and many other accidents :)

Idk about missions but he has put in a pretty big industrial/refinery area into the free-play map. Check out post #131 for screens.

Love It!!! :cheers-mate: and I don't know how to keep the doors open on the cars,, so can you tell me how? THANKS!!

What do you mean? if you mean ingame there is no way to leave them open, i think theres a way in the editor but im not sure.