MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

Our mod takes place prior to the led craze, thus it has rotators... For anyone with modeing exp it would take about 2 hrs max to swap the lightbars.. nyc updates too often, so I put a cut-off date in this mod, otherwise all my time would be spent updating existing things, not adding new ones.

Great job guys, it all looks great. If you guys are looking LRAD sounds check out the whale wars tv series page. The Sea Shepherds have had it used on them and you can hear it going off on the show. I don't if you can extract the audio from any of the clips, but it could probably give you a good idea of what the LRAD actually sounds like.

Our mod takes place prior to the led craze, thus it has rotators... For anyone with modeing exp it would take about 2 hrs max to swap the lightbars.. nyc updates too often, so I put a cut-off date in this mod, otherwise all my time would be spent updating existing things, not adding new ones.

pretty much it take place in the year 2000-2001 then good idea rotator bars are easier to make anyway love the mod guys keep up the amazing work

NYC was late to the game on led, some cop cars got em earlier, but most fire seems to have just got led... Our mod is post-9/11, I had to upgrade most the fire apparatus to include their tributes, dumb luck had it most of our vehicles were either damaged or destroyed that day, nearly all have tribute markings.... Newer toys about 08 on its commonplace to see led now, most of em i did were 02-05 range, easier to find pics of em.

NYC was late to the game on led, some cop cars got em earlier, but most fire seems to have just got led... Our mod is post-9/11, I had to upgrade most the fire apparatus to include their tributes, dumb luck had it most of our vehicles were either damaged or destroyed that day, nearly all have tribute markings.... Newer toys about 08 on its commonplace to see led now, most of em i did were 02-05 range, easier to find pics of em.

PD and FD got LEDs about the same time, 2003/2004. You didnt see it with FD as much because there vehicle replacement schedule is much different. then PD. FD typically gets 10 to 12 years out of there rigs. In PD if a marked car manages to make it 5 years then thats miraculous. (Unmarked cars are a different story they typically last 6/7 years)

We have stated previously, the map is being totally replaced for the next version, overloading the roads with traffic remains to be seen it depends on how well traffic flows, our hwy units already have functioning hi-risers... Ped traffic shouldnt overly cause issues, we were just showing some of our progress on new-function units..

Basically all vehicles intended for this ver. will add some element to the game, not necessarily innovative, but all add some new dynamic to justify the modeling effort they take.... Most of the focus for the next ver. is on buildings for the new map... I only have thought up a few new units (vehicles) for the next ver since so much effort is going into a brand new map. I am the majority modeler for this mod and can only spread around so far... I believe barring any major complications we will add 3 new air units (all new models) along with 3-4 ground vehicles.... As eye candy goes really tower and the dauphin and normal pd helos apply, the rest of the unit addons will add special functions.

TBH we have not decided what we intend to do with it, perhaps incorporate it into a "random" script, the second ladder isnt terribly important, worst case the user could re-enable it if we don't find a way to incorporate it.

TBH we have not decided what we intend to do with it, perhaps incorporate it into a "random" script, the second ladder isnt terribly important, worst case the user could re-enable it if we don't find a way to incorporate it.

I think you could incorporate it into a freeplay event or a mission if you guys do any. Maybe just somewhere on the map? In the shop maybe?

The next version is going to be truly amazing! the rigs look great and i love the Tower the most, now you said before that it replaces the tower in the smaller station, does that mean you will be taking out the other ladder completely or just adding this in? the reason i ask is because when i use play mods where i can clearly see the Rig number (like the L31) i dont like to have 2 of that rig, it just kind of bugs me, with any types of rigs and departments. Will there be any other Engines involved in the next version? Also will you be adding in an Airport Crash rig based off what ever rigs are down at JFK international and the other Airport (forgot the name, its been a while since i was down in NYC), like a Lime Oshkosh Striker 1500 or a Oshkosh T3000. (And if you need a Beta tester for the next version, my week is open :gut: )

Edited by ScotiaFD