MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

We were originally contacted to add it to our mod, but we didn't want to add something subpar, so we asked for some completed material, and it just never followed through, and he left to work with another mod. As for the 9/11, none of us on the team care if it's put in, just none of us want to go through the months of effort it would take to model everything required for that mission

I agree, I don't think we need a mission where everyone lost that day.

I agree, I don't think we need a mission where everyone lost that day.

I totally agree with that, but I don't understand, why almost every American (correct me if I'm wrong) on this forum, says they don't want a mission of 9/11, but they enjoy playing call of duty? In a world war (I don't want to compare ww2 and 9/11), that was really worse, where more civilians lost and medal of honor, where you play the American hero in Afganisthan, where also harmless civilians are killed. And not want to play 9/11?

Just think about it.

I totally agree with that, but I don't understand, why almost every American (correct me if I'm wrong) on this forum, says they don't want a mission of 9/11, but they enjoy playing call of duty? In a world war (I don't want to compare ww2 and 9/11), that was really worse, where more civilians lost and medal of honor, where you play the American hero in Afganisthan, where also harmless civilians are killed. And not want to play 9/11?

Just think about it.

having thought about this there is only one answer .... 9/11 was a coward and unprovoked act directed towards innocent civilians

- ww2 is kind of different because it was directed towards a utterly nuts dictator and his regime.....beside the fact that this freed lots of jews and broke the grip the hitler regime had on europe.

- afghanistan is sort of difficult to answer and might be seen as a useless war without any cause but at the end of the day the taliban did have the option of handing over the al qaeda leaders and eventually stepping down themselves after destroying cultural history, oppressing women and girls and supporting terror camps.

no don't get me wrong I am no friend of war but sometimes you can only fight fire with fire....

I don't want to reenact or play something what I experienced first hand and destroyed so many lives .... right then and there or in the aftermath.

Oh and before I forget a very important fact .... us forces ( regardless during ww2 or as part of the isaf ) are not going about to kill civilians on purpose ( yeah I know there is the one or other case where this happened ) and do not consider mass killings of civilians on purpose as a appropriate measure of warfare!

I think Kermit has reason, another example is Vietnam, more than 60.000 american fallen, 1.000.000 of Vietnamese soldiers casualty, and these all without counting the other countries fallen soldiers, apart from more 2.500.000 civil, from all the sides and killed by both armies, and we watch movies and play video games about it, without saying nothing.

But...let's back to topic.

That ship looks great, nice work :12:

I think Kermit has reason, another example is Vietnam, more than 60.000 american fallen, 1.000.000 of Vietnamese soldiers casualty, and these all without counting the other countries fallen soldiers, apart from more 2.500.000 civil, from all the sides and killed by both armies, and we watch movies and play video games about it, without saying nothing.

But...let's back to topic.

That ship looks great, nice work :12:

yeah.... you are right about this :-(

BTT - the recent additions look very nice ....well done

And 9/11 conversation is over, anyone who wishes to continue it here will receive a warning. I'm going to put it this way. The mod creators don't care if there is a 9/11 mission, but have no desire to go through all the work to make it ourselves, however if someone made one and brought it to us, we would put it in the mod.

Now on to the mod, and off from 9/11.... Sound good enough?

Because this isn't the LA mod and we didn't make the command.

As for the map, we made it to sample the tip of Manhattan as well as an interpretation of parts of Hoboken and Brooklyn. Think of it as an interpretation to let you get the NY feel without really pushing it, because otherwise you'd get maybe 10 blocks of NY on the game's map. No water, no central park, no bridges. The plan for the floor map is an industrial section, a residential section, a part of a park, and a commercial area, as well as a peice of liberty island. Obviously this is all not near any scale, but it is the best you'll get for a map representation in emergency 4

Not in the next version, no... NYSP got picked just because their medic helo was faked into the mod, The NYPD apparently has helos that can do that role... So the fake NYSP one will be replaced.

first of all, great work!

will there be a v.1.0.2 (or 1.2) and will it include the pursuit feature for patrol cars as in the la mod?

i think they might be making a new version however idk if it will have that command thow it really needs it cause everytime my officer responds time gets there the suspect shoots up a car in front of him it blows up his car catchs on fire then i get to arrest i could spike strip him but its hard to know what way he will go

We are. As we've stated a half million times...

The command will be added eventually in some sense, not like the way it is in LA, but there will be some sense of that script... PS Using the police helicopter stops the car. If he blows things up, deal with it, it's the game and how it works.

I would suggest with the buttons that call units directly from the station (F1, F2, F3 & F4) if there is multiple types of unit that can be called in from that specific button they all should be able to do the same things.

The best example of this would but the Highway patrol units. Quite a few times now I have called for a Highway patrol unit because I needed something which can deploy officers with firearms and direct traffic and got a slicktop ...

I'm not saying get rid of the slicks, you could either add something that gives them an excuse to be able to redirect (light in the rear window for example) or add them to a different button.

umm by DCU you mean disorder control unit correct? if so that vehicle did not have it

When you press deploy 'Riot Squad' or whatever it says, when they line up two barriers appear in front of them. It does not work like the barriers in the LA mod, they are deployed by the vehicle in this way and when you pick them up they dissappear. I think they also work as 'Send people away', but I can't remember.

The OC-D

Hey guys, just wanted to express how much I love your mod. It's definitely a much needed change of scenery. Just had a few questions about the mod and/or NYC emergency services.

1. Tower ladder looks awesome. Do you know if FDNY runs any light trucks kind of like the LA county squad or LEV? Or is that function performed in real life by your in-game Squad truck? If FDNY uses light trucks, do you think we might see them in the future?

2. I like how different NYPD units all have different functions. It adds realism and makes you think about how you allocate resources. Is there a way I can select a group of units and assign a "hotkey" to them? Almost like a way to assemble a task force I guess. I was thinking if there was a way, I could select an NYPD car, Unmarked unit and a highway unit and assign them a hotkey. That way if a medium to large size call occurs, I can dispatch the whole task force to cover traffic, arrest suspects etc.? Forgive me if this is common knowledge already....

Anywho, great job on the mod. I really appreciate you guys putting in work on this mod, especially when I don't have to pay for it. The models look superb and it runs real clean on my PC. Thanks much!