goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

• Not sure how plausible this will be but I figured I'd throw it out there with all this river talk. What if when a criminal reaches a certain point(s) along the river he/she throws their weapon into the river and runs off (If they have a weapon of course). Then not only would you have to take down the criminal but you would also have to pull out the water rescue team with the divers to go recover it. Now this might have to be a separate event (it comes over the radio as a armed criminal fleeing, who was spotted throwing their weapon into the river), however I think it would be more interesting/realistic if it was random. So any armed criminal in the city could get to one of the points along the river if they ran long enough and ditch their weapon. This will motivate players to deal with the gunman call in a swift manner and also bring more realism to the mod because just like in real life a fleeing suspect is going to try to get rid of the evidence if possible.
  • Another idea I had is to make a medical call event where you have a trapped person. So maybe a piece of a building fell on a person, now they are trapped under the debris. This way you would have to roll FD along with EMS to get the person free and treat them.

Just a couple event ideas I had, hopefully I explained them clearly. Mostly they're focused to make more events multifaceted. That way it's not as much like it is now where a majority of events require you to just use either PD,FD, or EMS, but more like real life where all 3 must work together.

Ohh this is the exciting part :P Used to live in Surrey, can't believe we're gona have a mod about it ;)

It sounds like you guys are trying to make a variety of calls which is great. I hate having calls that you know exactly how to handle and it just becomes routine.

-I think it would be cool to have like a domestic disturbance call where you could arrive to find a variety of situations at a residence ie injured person, person with a gun, fight, drugs etc.

-I dont know if its possible, but it would be fun to have more traffic calls like people speeding or something, or just make the process of traffic stops more realistic (something like the LCPD First responders mod for GTA4, if you know what that is).

-Maybe include knives as a less lethal weapon? they seem to be popular in surrey lol.

-I'm sure you've probably considered this but I'd love to have the RCMP supervisor have additional, police specific commands (call K9, ERT, etc)

-I wonder if its possible to have a 'search' command, like a pat down to look for contraband??

-Ability for police to call for backup, etc when in vehicle

Also have you guys considered doing a sort of generic 'canadian' map as opposed to specifically Surrey, just wondering since you have all those other police units...

Killerxcop has a good point, 'multifaceted' and random events are the best, hopefully we can make it happen!

Do you guys plan on having many FD calls not related to an Actual Fire or an MVA ... such as a tree down/wires down, flooding condition where FD has to pump water...this would add so much to the realism...also are you going to be creating any fire apparatus that are commercial cab's such as International, Freightliner

Keep up the great work

Do you guys plan on having many FD calls not related to an Actual Fire or an MVA ... such as a tree down/wires down, flooding condition where FD has to pump water...this would add so much to the realism...also are you going to be creating any fire apparatus that are commercial cab's such as International, Freightliner

Keep up the great work

there will be numerous fire calls like the police calls and calls where you will need all resources at your command.The ideas about the pumper trucks does sound interesting also it would be cool if you had to hook engines up to a hydrant or a pumper for realism sake...we will see what we can come up with.

All fire units are done and realistically reflect current units in the Surrey Fire Service,so no more units are planned as units you mentioned are not used in the city.

I have a few ideas, not sure if they have been covered or if they have already been intergrated into the game, but I will suggest them.

1: More Than One Fire Fighter Needed To Operate A Hose. ( from experience I can tell you that if one firefighter were to operate a hose by himself, he will be blown off his ass and sent flying across the road, trust me on that one, we ussaly have two-three guys on a hose

2:Fire Fighters Should Be Allowed To Wear Reflective Vests ( At an accident scene firefighters are ussaly required to wear a reflective vest

3: More Than One FireFighter Needed To Operate The Jaws Of Life ( This machinery is not easy to operate by yourself)

4: Be Able To Select A Group Of Police Officers And Have Them Aim Their Guns At One Subject To Order Them Onto There Stomachs ( I have alawys seen them do this)

PS: That is a good point you bring up goog, fire hydrants are there to be hooked up to the pumper to keep it from draining empty. That being said, we almost never hook up hoses to fire hydrants individually, all hoses are hooked up to the pumper so we can controll the *Flow Rate* or *PSI* of water being distributed through each hose.

I have a few ideas, not sure if they have been covered or if they have already been intergrated into the game, but I will suggest them.

1: More Than One Fire Fighter Needed To Operate A Hose. ( from experience I can tell you that if one firefighter were to operate a hose by himself, he will be blown off his ass and sent flying across the road, trust me on that one, we ussaly have two-three guys on a hose

2:Fire Fighters Should Be Allowed To Wear Reflective Vests ( At an accident scene firefighters are ussaly required to wear a reflective vest

3: More Than One FireFighter Needed To Operate The Jaws Of Life ( This machinery is not easy to operate by yourself)

4: Be Able To Select A Group Of Police Officers And Have Them Aim Their Guns At One Subject To Order Them Onto There Stomachs ( I have alawys seen them do this)

PS: That is a good point you bring up goog, fire hydrants are there to be hooked up to the pumper to keep it from draining empty. That being said, we almost never hook up hoses to fire hydrants individually, all hoses are hooked up to the pumper so we can controll the *Flow Rate* or *PSI* of water being distributed through each hose.

I'm with you on everything you just mentioned. I definitely will try to make this happen. It's vital that we apply the actual facts in the game, opposed to some fantasy-fabricated parameters.

Also, point 4 of your suggestion -- Did you watch this? If you watch the ending part, you'll see that we're going to add a neat feature to stimulate a gunpoint situation...

Ummm it would depend on what size hose and what hose pressure we are talking here, I am not doubting you by any means but I was a Vol with Squamish Fire Rescue and I can tell you that one person can handle a 1 3/4 with a fair size amount of pressure if s/he knew how to stand properly.

Again depending on the models out there (i know of ones that are extremely light and you wouldn't be able to get two people into a tight area you always have someone looking over your shoulder.

Again I am not trying to be mean I am just giving you my past experences.

Again I am not trying to be mean I am just giving you my past experences.

Thats fine, I am a senior member in the parksville fire department, the thickness and length of hoses dose vary from department to department based on the buildings in the area, but all I am pointing out is you always see more than one firefighter on a hose, In our department it doesnt matter of the person can hold it by themselves, its a matter of teamwork.

As for the jaws of life we do have a pair that are fairly light and any firefighter can operate it by themselves, but the "Teamwork" factor comes into play :)

- Fire Alarm / Burglary Alarm Activations: Sometimes is false others.........well LOL

- Car Jacking (if possible)

- Domistic Dispute w/ need for EMS

- 941 Call (Mental patient)

- a 911 hangup call that turns out to be a fire or hostage situation

- Motorcycle accident (if possibe)

- Pedestrian Struck

- Realistic Hazmat Call (NOT a fire but leaking drums or odor)

All stuff I have responded to over the years just so,e thoughts hope they help

I have one more thing to add,

1: To allow more than one paramedic to opperate on a patient.

This is fully possible.. I've modded my game to have one Medic work on the vic, and the other can stabalize. You can do this with the LA Mod, but the stabalize script only has the person drop down for say 30 seconds or so. I went ino the LAStabilize.script script (stutter fest :P) and edited the time to be something like 500 seconds. Now my Medic's are down there for a while. The only time I run into an issue is when someone picks up the person who got f**ked up. Then the second medic continues to.... treat the ground? lol they stay there, looking like they're working on a ghost who passed out lol

But it's entirely possible. It also speeds the recovery rate of your vic. You can transport faster

Definitely will be adding FutureShop, and BestBuy. Maybe Wal-Mart ( We still need a building to burn, right? :P)

Gotta love Todd's intelligence finding/report skills. One of the reason why he's an awesome partner. Here is the actual map of Surrey with a few pin-points that we'll include in the map project. It's going to have a lot of highway/roads, in the rual and city limits, all packed in one map, so there will be plenty of Traffic-related calls, Medical/Fire/Accident calls spreading out everywhere on the map, one call could require a Rescue Squad to be dispatched to a Deer vs Vehicle crash located the farthest away from the nearest station. Another call could require the RCMP to investigate a 911 call, which later turns out to be a prank call ( Yep, we'll be adding dummy calls to mess with you, hehe)

We're going to make it very challenging for you guys, it's our goal to keep you occupied! There is a reason why all of the lights you seen so far is taken very seriously and professionally, because hopefully, the map will match the same value.

If anybody have any map editing skills, or scripting skills, please feel free to contact us to see if you can join the team!

surrey2.png

401 is a big highway in Canada to.. but so is to say 1 is to just saying :P

401 is a big highway in Canada to.. but so is to say 1 is to just saying :P

The world's longest national highway is the Trans-Canada Highway that runs across Canada from Victoria, British Columbia to St. John's, Newfoundland covering 7,821 kilometers or 4,860 miles.

The 401 is but 816.6 kilometers or 507.4 mi,that makes the 401 miniscule in comparison...