goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Trust me they don't wear their turn out gear inless they are informed to, and they do respond to medical aid automaticly. In the City of Vancouver (this includes surrey and all districts) Fire Departments beat BCAS to the scene 99% of the time.

Oh ok. I guess I've seen them wearing turnout pants for stuff like mva medicals. Good thing we have real firefighters to consult lol :P . And ya I've heard BCAS can be slow sometimes

I agree,every time there's a call in my area,they respond well before the BCAS get's there.Each time the firefighters were wearing the blue station uniforms.I read somewhere last night (can't find it now)but a lot of the Surrey Fire Service calls were first responders medical calls.

I could skin them in blue station wear but if you went to a fire you wouldn't have the guy hooked up to the rig running a hose dressed like that...unrealistic and humorous.So,I will either skin a ff/medic with top turn out gear and blue station pants(like la mod) or all turn out gear with the medical bag or just staff the rescue rigs 1,2 and 4 with blue station wear medic

I could staff the rigs like this:

engine 8=4 fire fighter in full gear / 1 blue station wear

engine10= same as above

engine13=same as above

engine14=same as above

rescue1=2 ff's in full gear/2 blue station wear medics

rescue 2=same as above

rescue 4=same as above

any input is appreciated,our goal is to be realistic as possible.

What about the ladder? 2 firefighters in turnouts?

just in turnouts,I'm pretty sure that big beast doesn't do many medical calls and it might be 4 ff's on the ladder as it has the tower and I added 4 hook ups to the engine

Also I wanted to suggest something, I noticed in the Sao Paulo mod that you can change from a medic(in their case grey) to a firefighter with full gear as well as a firefighter with SCBA as well, so they have the three options... and I wanted to mention they also have two kinds of throwable grenades, I think they are a smoke and a flash bang, but I don't know what the use of a smoke would be? I just thought these were cool options and wanted to share them with you guys...

I personally like the turnout pants and helmet. I know in toronto, most of the firefighters walk into medical's wearing their pants and carrying gear. Occasionally they'll also have their jackets on and unless it's a specific scene call, they won't be wearing helmets. As for the ladder responding to medical calls, if it's the nearest available unit to the call, they'll go. It is more common to see rescues and pumpers, but you'll occassionally get the ladder or the squads (even hazmat has been known to go and play). Just my two cents

and I wanted to mention they also have two kinds of throwable grenades, I think they are a smoke and a flash bang, but I don't know what the use of a smoke would be? I just thought these were cool options and wanted to share them with you guys...

Maybe the smoke could be set up to act like tear gas. Deploy it and it has a longer effect than stun grenades so it could be used for riot situations.

Also is there a K-9 unit in this mod? I can't remember, but if there is I have an idea for that.

On a medical call firefighters will ussualy wear there turnout pants, In my department when we get a first reasponder call, we must atleast put our turnout boots and turnout pants on, we then bring our turnout jackets with us, but we ussualy dont wear them unless it is night time, at night it is mandatory to be wearing full turnout gear for safety reasons. We do this because of the reflective material on our turnout gear.

P.S: I would recomend skinng the ff/paramedics the opposite way around of L.A mod, Like I said above we ussualy wear turnout pants and turnout gloves.

It will affect your frame rates per minute, I'm not gonna lie. There's a lot of stuff on our apparatuses that has the potentional to lower your fps, but not drastically. As long you monitor your quanity of fleets in service, your gameplay should run steady.

I'm running on a geforce 7950 and it lags a little for me. Anybody with better graphic cards are in luck and can run the mod smooth as ever.

It will lag, I promise you that. If you have a massive fire, with our units ( each of them loaded with model parts, over 400 lights/poly) - it will slow your rates down.

It also depends on how strong your video card is. If you can run gta iv, then you should be able to run our mod smooth.

It all depends on what's the weather is, how many units is deployed and how many of them has activated lights.

It's the best to play the game on nightmode to have smooth frame rates, but like I said, it all depends on the ramification of resources.

here's a small update that makes a huge difference in the looks of all our fire apparatus,city hall has splurged and all our Spartan's are now 2011 models(check out the new grill)

post-17160-0-73198400-1319705571.jpg