goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

When you send out the units, will they all have different car numbers or will they all have the same??

all cars have different #'s but if you buy multiples of that car, you will have cars out there with the same number.But our shear mass of police unit choices will give you variety, so you don't have to buy multiples of the same car...but you can if you want.

all cars have different #'s but if you buy multiples of that car, you will have cars out there with the same number.But our shear mass of police unit choices will give you variety, so you don't have to buy multiples of the same car...but you can if you want.

Cool :gut:

didnt someone figure out a script to get civilian cars to pull over? that could be something to look into

If I may point out, In L.A Mod you can select a police cruiser and pull over a civilian vehicle of your choice, however there really is no scripting for the officer to get out of the car, do a alchohol test, and if the guy blows the legal limit then the cop would take the guy/girl out of the car, cuff them, and put them in the cruiser. In L.A Mod you get the officer getting out of the car, but doesnt do anything.

If I may point out, In L.A Mod you can select a police cruiser and pull over a civilian vehicle of your choice, however there really is no scripting for the officer to get out of the car, do a alchohol test, and if the guy blows the legal limit then the cop would take the guy/girl out of the car, cuff them, and put them in the cruiser. In L.A Mod you get the officer getting out of the car, but doesnt do anything.

Sorry I meant like pulling over to the side of the road when vehicles are going code 3, since its the law here. But ya you are right, it would be cool to improve traffic stops

OMG IT LOOKS SOOO GOOD! Any chance there will be VFRS apparatuses?

nope,for now it's all Surrey based fire units...maybe in the future I will do a VFD add on to change the skins

Sorry I meant like pulling over to the side of the road when vehicles are going code 3, since its the law here. But ya you are right, it would be cool to improve traffic stops

I can't remember who I heard talking about this but it was a reputable source, it would cause more harm than good to do this because all the cars driving around follow preset paths, if they were scripted to say move off the road when an emergency vehicle was behind them it'd force them off of these paths, and them trying to get off and back on to these paths would just make them go crazy. So basically you'd just have cars all over the place anytime you sent out a unit on a code run. Maybe there's a way to get around it with the scripting or the way the paths are set up but I couldn't tell you how that would be able to happen.

I am sorry what are you getting at here? Because goog and CFD might be able to create a mission like that. But there is no current missions in free play that is like that.

I can't remember who I heard talking about this but it was a reputable source, it would cause more harm than good to do this because all the cars driving around follow preset paths, if they were scripted to say move off the road when an emergency vehicle was behind them it'd force them off of these paths, and them trying to get off and back on to these paths would just make them go crazy. So basically you'd just have cars all over the place anytime you sent out a unit on a code run. Maybe there's a way to get around it with the scripting or the way the paths are set up but I couldn't tell you how that would be able to happen.

Unfortunately not, there is no way to script it for the exacts reasons you are saying. It would be nice but unfortantly it won't happen. The only real issues that I had with traffic is when you had tons of traffic around a scene. Other than that is it.

I completely agree, but ya like you said I'm assuming whoever it was figured out the path issues

In all versions of L.A mod you can pull vehicles over and issue them a ticket, this process involves the vehicle stopping where it is, the police cruiser parking behind the vehicle, and the police officer getting out and issueing a ticket, this is all done in a matter of seconds. However, if you were able to add onto this process, say add a script where the driver can suddenly pull a gun, shoot the police officer, and drive away prompting a high speed chase, well, I'm sure that speaks for itself.

P.S: This kind of event would make a perfect LODD mission.

Aswell, please tell me there will be atleast falling snow and drifting fog patches in game just demonstrated at the very begging of the video posted above by CFD?

I remember reading awhile back that high speed chases were not possible,anybody else read or remember that?can't find it now,but that is one thing I would love to have is a high speed chase.

Well, it doesn't have to be highspeed, but after the officer is shot the car can atleast drive away, they already have vehicle jacking missions in L.A mod, im sure a script could be added to allow the driver of the car to shoot the officer. Only difference is that this wont be a vehicle jacking, just a traffic stop gone wrong.