goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Sorry Hoppah, but this is easily better than the LA Mod.

Keep going guys!

Thanks for the enthusiasm,but please be respectful of others work.If it wasn't for hoppah and his mod,most of us would not have any projects to work on unless we were skilled in all aspects of making a mod.

To everybody,no more negative comments regarding other peoples mods,submods or projects.This is not a competition,we are making a mod to the best of our ability that portrays the emergency services of our great country...as does all others who spend time making these projects so that others may enjoy them and for that they deserve our respect and appreciation.

Thanks for the enthusiasm,but please be respectful of others work.If it wasn't for hoppah and his mod,most of us would not have any projects to work on unless we were skilled in all aspects of making a mod.

To everybody,no more negative comments regarding other peoples mods,submods or projects.This is not a competition,we are making a mod to the best of our ability that portrays the emergency services of our great country...as does all others who spend time making these projects so that others may enjoy them and for that they deserve our respect and appreciation.

I was in no way bashing Hoppah, and I love the LA mod. I'm just saying that I feel this is better than where he was when the LA mod first came out. I love you Hoppah! :)

Would there be a call that all of those could be used lol

maybe a big car accident involving a semi trailer with toxic load,we took the time to do the units so we''ll be damned sure were gonna use them..even if the heavy rescue is used as a meals on wheels mission.

will there be any difference between the rescue and heavy rescue in terms of gameplay? (like what they carry) also have you started the map? no rush im just wonderin :)

yes we will make them different,maybe add water rescue capabilities to one,map not yet I was still finishing some units and personnel skins,then map time.

The heavy rescue squad will carry equipments specifically designed for calls requiring heavy hydraulic and/or special equipment to make a successful extrication/rescue operation. The squad crew will also be responsible for large-scale interior fire-ground search and rescue, serious vehicle motor collisions, and natural disaster operations.

The normal rescue squad is considered as front-line unit to respond and handle any 911 nature calls that requires any standard rescue equipments, or what the rescue can provide.

There will be certain equipments only available to each of the units. For example, if you need the Air bags, you have to deploy the rescue squad, or if you need a rescue squad to assist with a haz-mat call, the heavy rescue truck will have haz-mat suits available to be utilized.

It's still too early to decide the logistics.

Canada doesn't have USAR trucks Your USAR would be our Heavy Rescue truck basicly.

Up here each Departments run with different equipment on the trucks. Like my old fire department, we didn't have Jaws on our Quint, it was only on our Rescue and a Rescue Pumper.

Thats pretty much the same with Vancouver Fire Rescue as well, their Jaws are on their Rescue truck, when a MVA comes in they send a Engine Code 3 and a Rescue Routine to the scene, if it is a Confirmed entrapment then they send the Rescue Code three as well.

Before I proceed to ask a question to our fellow Canadian firefighters ( or anybody, in fact) on this forum, it's a sensitive topic and I always avoid the thoughts of it, but it's the reality that it still does happen, despite the parameter of trainings they've received... I apologize if my question did evoke a poignant feeling.

We're going to script a probability of injuries and death on the workplace, several scenarios for each emergency services. Some of the calls that you would receive will always have the possibility of LODD. An ordinary house fire can turn into a Line of duty death scene. A traffic stop blows up Into a full shoot-out, Which could result a life of a Mountie if you aren't fast enough to deescalate the threat. BCAS paramedics reports carbon dioxide poisoning from a suburb house, and the call was originally a 911 medical call, which turns into a rescue operation for SFS.

Who is against this and who wants this to be scripted? Any ideas are always welcomed...

I say make it happen. It is as you said a reality of the job so as long as every other call isn't a cop being shot or a firefighter being hurt in a fire (which obviously it wouldn't be like that) it would be an interesting element to add more depth to the gameplay.

Edited by KILLERxCOP

i say script it it would add so much realism.

The heavy rescue squad will carry equipments specifically designed for calls requiring heavy hydraulic and/or special equipment to make a successful extrication/rescue operation. The squad crew will also be responsible for large-scale interior fire-ground search and rescue, serious vehicle motor collisions, and natural disaster operations.

when you say hydraulics and equipment for extraction do you mean just jaws or other things like supports and such that you will need put on the vehicle before you use the jaws

Script it however if it turns into a LODD and you are trying to add realsim then you might want to consider a FULL event. From the Incident to the Death and the nto the Funeral (if its possible)