goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

why in the car fire video goog1967 that the cars lights when you turned them off there were still lights on? Is it like code 3, code 2, and code 1?

nope I just made that to show CFD something,it won't represent at all the final lights,so pretend you didn't see it...

Better realease this mod before 2014

I don't think you'll have to worry about that. They want to release it by the new year.

As for the rest, a provincial force would be hugely costly, and probably less effective at least for the first few years. Yet the RCMP are going through some seriously tough times, and their trust and morale are in rough shape. It will be interesting to see what happens, and if the feds will give us some wiggle room in their offer.

I don't think you'll have to worry about that. They want to release it by the new year.

As for the rest, a provincial force would be hugely costly, and probably less effective at least for the first few years. Yet the RCMP are going through some seriously tough times, and their trust and morale are in rough shape. It will be interesting to see what happens, and if the feds will give us some wiggle room in their offer.

yes you are right,the cost right now to start up city police or provincial would be massive province wide.I think this is just Ottawa playing hardball in the negotiations...do you seriously think that the federal government or the RCMP will scrap roughly 10,000 RCMP and civilian connected jobs in British Columbia??but then again politicians aren't a bright bunch!!

I bealive it, and I dont mind the replacement, but there is one thing I am skeptical of that no one seemed to mention. I am more concerned about the sudden rise in Gang releated violence, Auto theft, Theft, Assualt etc while RCMP members are getting pulled out of service, their ranks will be weakend and gangs will take advantage of the "Transition" period.

PS: I really am sorry to start this discussion on the RCMP mod, but I couldnt help it.

yes you are right,the cost right now to start up city police or provincial would be massive province wide.I think this is just Ottawa playing hardball in the negotiations...do you seriously think that the federal government or the RCMP will scrap roughly 10,000 RCMP and civilian connected jobs in British Columbia??but then again politicians aren't a bright bunch!!

Absolutely- its just Harpo and Co. playing hardball for some reason. They basically said the only option is sign a 20 yr contract or we're packing up. They didn't give any wiggle room for negotiating how resources are spent and other urgent issues facing the force. I think the RCMP should stay, but there needs to be some substantial changes. Small towns are their bread and butter, and they do a great job at that. Its bigger cities like Surrey that should really look at a municipal force.

But as you said, thats politics for ya! I think we'll all be watching this one, it will probably get really interesting pretty soon.

Question about the mod: Not that they're necessary, but are you thinking of any scripting changes/alterations/additions? I think there was a flashlight in the last video, are you hoping for that to be in game or was it just editor eye candy?

PFD- I think gang violence has gone down quite a bit since a few years ago. I think the few things that have happened in the last few months are all courtesy of Jon Bacon's assassination. Just retaliatory back and forth stuff that is nearly impossible for the police to prevent. Also, crime is down as a whole but you raise an interesting point about the transition period. I think if they do switch over, they will make the transition as smooth as possible but I'm sure there will be some lapse and the criminals will take advantage of it.

Edited by admntrs

Topic of Canada in this matter ....Liberals one :( witch sucks , more of NDP for me

p.s mod looking good as always !

it doesn't matter which party wins cause their all the same.Politicians are all about the money and power, the only time joe citizen matters is when it's election time.After that they're all about stuffing their own pockets and greasing the palms of friends and people who got them elected.

The light coronas become smaller as you zoom in, the poly's quality gets better as you do it. If you're zoomed out far enough, all the lights will appear to be a bit foggy, which is okay, because that's realism, and the polys will stay unaffected awesome either way.

@Admntrs Question about the mod: Not that they're necessary, but are you thinking of any scripting changes/alterations/additions? I think there was a flashlight in the last video, are you hoping for that to be in game or was it just editor eye candy?

We may possibly develop a script that will allow the ground member to brandish a flashlight and turn it on. This purpose may not be really useful but it's all eye candy as you said.

We're also going to have siren scripts, which will allow you to choose siren tones and maybe different light modes ( Parked, Code 3, Traffic mode) etc. Details on this will eventually prevail later on this month or so.

The light coronas become smaller as you zoom in, the poly's quality gets better as you do it. If you're zoomed out far enough, all the lights will appear to be a bit foggy, which is okay, because that's realism, and the polys will stay unaffected awesome either way.

We may possibly develop a script that will allow the ground member to brandish a flashlight and turn it on. This purpose may not be really useful but it's all eye candy as you said.

We're also going to have siren scripts, which will allow you to choose siren tones and maybe different light modes ( Parked, Code 3, Traffic mode) etc. Details on this will eventually prevail later on this month or so.

Ok nice, both of those ideas sound cool.

As for the video- I think you have achieved lighting perfection! They really look amazingly lifelike.

*bows before lighting god*

cant wait for it

PS: can we see some in game footage?

I think we should concentrate on getting other things done,to make the video and upload it takes time away from other things we could be spending more time on.

Also CFD is now lighting all these new units,so there's not enough done to make it worth while yet...he'll probably just give you the individual unit video updates as necessary.