goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

I think I read back a few years ago (2012) in this thread that there were going to be some Abbotsford Police units ... is this still happening?

No,we have kept it to Surrey RCMP,Surrey Fire and BCAS units only for now.The other units are completed and will be added at a later date.We decided to do this to focus more on the map and less about adding units.

No,we have kept it to Surrey RCMP,Surrey Fire and BCAS units only for now.The other units are completed and will be added at a later date.We decided to do this to focus more on the map and less about adding units.

What do you guys have left to do with the mod?

Ok firstly this sounds and looks like it is gonna be a great modification and am glad your not rushing it but also this seems to have in development forever so whilst I am not at all asking for a release date etc is there anyway you can give us some idea of what is left to do and roughly how much longer this is likely to take as I want this mod but also one that I have been told is waiting for your release as well the ravenna ohio submod and I just so want to get playing these two great mods and been no new ones out for some time and found my em4 with the old ones becoming quite stale so wanting something new to play with at least until em5 ever gets released!

Ok firstly this sounds and looks like it is gonna be a great modification and am glad your not rushing it but also this seems to have in development forever so whilst I am not at all asking for a release date etc is there anyway you can give us some idea of what is left to do and roughly how much longer this is likely to take as I want this mod but also one that I have been told is waiting for your release as well the ravenna ohio submod and I just so want to get playing these two great mods and been no new ones out for some time and found my em4 with the old ones becoming quite stale so wanting something new to play with at least until em5 ever gets released!

I agree, I'm in no way trying to be disrespectful so don't take it the wrong way but it's been 3years. At least give us an estimate on when the mod will be finished or how far along you guys are. I'm not asking for a release date.

You sir are 100% right...at this rate I'll be worm bait by the time this master piece is released.

Before the usual suspects come out I'm just going to say I see both sides of the issue. Yes the RCMP mod staff have been working hard, yes they have lives outside of modding that take priority and yes since we aren't paying them they have no obligation to tell us anything or to even release the mod for that matter. Also folks have been waiting on this mod for a long time (yes I know you all are taking your time to do a good job) so it would be considerate to be a bit more transparent as to progress thus far and as to what needs to be done yet, not a release day of course but a ballpark idea of where you are. That's how I see things from my soapbox anyway, carry on.

About three weeks ago, a malicious virus corrupted the integrity of prototype's and ep4s, resulting data loss. I was on the editor when i closed it down to take a break. I opened the editor, and loaded the mod file. At that point all of my work was reverted back to Goog1967's original lights. The mod folder reverted back into the same state when Todd gave the files to me, many months ago. All of the lights that was done from that point to 3 weeks ago are lost.

I debugged the editor, re-installed the game, downloaded original RCMP files ( all of the models contains no lights.) and tested the editor. Things seemed okay, so i installed the light files that i sent to Todd prior to corruption. checked the units, and yep, still has Todd's lights and not mine. It's giving me a headache.

Well, for the past week now, I've been working on the RCMP fleet once again, up to 2014 light code specification. Everything has been revamped, and all the lights are re-worked, re-tweaked, and looks 100x better than it's predecessors. Light size are decreased to ensure stability across PC gaming platforms.  I just sent several finished light files to Todd last night.

I know this might be old news to some of you guys, but this shows that wheels are still rolling.

And for the map ? Well, let's say that we are currently back to the chalkboard and draw up some new ideas about it. We find that the snow texture compromises the appearance of the model and lights. it turns brown, etc. Todd and myself felt that it wouldn't do justice in the long run, and agreed to send snow map texture deep south. 

We're hinting at the concept of using a already made map/submod/mod and emulate it from there, but idk ...

and now, I'm off to the editor. Thank you for your time reading this. Have a good day !

Just always been me, I hate those pesky viruses that target insanely unique files.. For me I just always have to fault that I didnt want to work on anything, so it sat while I blew things up in more modern games =)  But that'd be how I do it, hopefully you can regain your files and hopefully you will remember the rule of this game to keep them stored in multiple places as often as possible.

As to the whole this mod has been in dev for forever deal, took me a year to do the NY mod in the released form, current development is 1 year 8 months of time invested into it, and it aint done... People got really spoiled by the la mod and forgot that it too took alot of time to develop to it's final version (total time invested for the la mod versions was around 8 years... That'd be devotion).  Anywho, goodluck fixing ur liting, make sure u back em up and drop em in a rar file or something of that sort, can't blame a virus for the death of files if they were plopped in archives (unless the virus was clever enough to hit the archive files and remove em)  I keep all kinds of nice things in archive files and it's like a mini-prison for the files till i release em, along with a nifty backup location.

And for the map ? Well, let's say that we are currently back to the chalkboard and draw up some new ideas about it. We find that the snow texture compromises the appearance of the model and lights. it turns brown, etc. Todd and myself felt that it wouldn't do justice in the long run, and agreed to send snow map texture deep south. 

I was originally developing a snow map for the Montana mod, had the texture about 50% done but I couldn't get it to look good. Current version is more of an early-fall setting.

Here are some of the CVPIs that i mentioned earlier,

This shows the new 2014 light package for the Ford Crown Victoria available in the RCMP modification.

HD radiation, real light patterns, realistic ambient lighting.

Here are some of the CVPIs that i mentioned earlier,

This shows the new 2014 light package for the Ford Crown Victoria available in the RCMP modification.

HD radiation, real light patterns, realistic ambient lighting.

LOVE IT.  Some mods have overdone their lighting to the point where you are unable to have more than one vehicle in a frame and you can barely see the vehicle through the radiation/glare.  Can't wait to see this Mod.

I just read CFD's big post and wow...I know exactly how you guys must feel.  I just had a virus that wiped my hard drive a few months ago, and I had to reinstall everything.  EM4 and all its mods were lost, as was my little LA submod that I was working on.  I've just been to lazy to redo all of my work, but I'm glad to see that you guys are still committed to your mod.  But hey, sometimes things are even better the 2nd time, so I can't wait to see more new and improved lights!  Good luck!  :holdglass:

the rcmp mod is gonna be tha 'best mod ever' :laugh:

is it possible to ad like a scripd that when u arrest pepole u see the officers takes the suspects first hand up then the other then he puts the handcuffs on?

and id like to see kind of in stead of figthing with hands some times when arresting pepole without their guns it would be cool if they takes up a baton when the figth