goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

More different types of calls.

• Warrant, have to take  a person into custody and their is a chance they will start shooting
  • Stabbing, like attempted homicide but the guy doesn't have a gun
  • Domestic dispute, if possible just talk to both people and leave (not sure if the scripts can handle that) or arrest one of them
  • Abduction, have to search a area of houses (like the high value terrorist in the US Army mod) for the subject
  • False alarm fire, have the firefighters check the building and then leave
  • Heat exhaustion, medical call
  • Broken ankle, medical call
  • Welfare check, have to go check a house, chance the person may be injured or armed.
  • Drug deal, have to arrest dealer and buyer, both armed.
  • Drive by shooting, must treat victim then stop car (like car theft)
  • Small plane crash, small plane crashes and you must help the survivors (no more than 3)
  • Poaching, like attempted homicide except the victim is a deer or something.
  • Shooting rampage, man with a rifle starts shooting and must be stopped.
  • Protect informer/witness, defend a person against attack, person may be moved to a more secure location.
  • Drunk person, arrest and remove
  • A riot (I know the stereotype is all Canadians are polite but still), people throwing bottles and things of that nature
  • Person thrown from horse, medical call

I like the idea of not every fire call being a fire it could be a faulty alarm, ems call, water problem, carbon monoxide detector, and even an odor of gas. For EMS calls maybe make a cardiac arrest? EMS can respond as quick as they can to the location and try to revive the patient with a defib. If not it would give us a chance to actually use the coroner unit. Anyways i'm not sure about the RCMP but a lot of police agencies carry defibribulator units in their cars because usually they are the first on scene. If you have a police officer patrolling the area it would be nice for them to stop by and help out. It would also be nice if not every police call was shots fired or a fight. Maybe make a domestic dispute where you go around and interview the people involved. Or many a burglary or murder crime scene so we can investigate. I would like to see every unit have a purpose in the game and get used.  

It was mentioned before in another submod but people were talking about a fog thing. So you cannot see what the event is until you arrive? I think its a good idea.

That would be some bad dispatching if the responders didn't know what they were responding to. Or do you mean that you can't see the actual scene before you arrive? I also think that is a good idea.

Yes, that was in Winterberg mod.  There was a version where there was a white blanket over the part of the map with the incident.  You couldn't see what it was until your units arrived.  It was interesting, but got kinda annoying after awhile.  In Winterberg, it covered like a huge area, but if they could make it small enough to cover say...just a house that was on fire, then it would be cool.

I dont know if this has been mentioned in this mod/forum before are they going to do limited water suppy on the engines (like the ERS Berlin Mod), and you have to fill them back up after each major fire..or well techinaclly you dont have to but if you want water for the next fire you will :-)

Apologies if this question is out of line or has already been asked. Will you be including the BCAS medivacs? I understand that they aren't used as much in the city but living out in the fraser valley, my department has had to setup quite a few landing zones and was curious if you would include the BCAS medivac at some point?
Would be very interesting to see a representation of that in this mod. :)

Keep up the great work!

Hey Guys, not to be 'that' person, but did you see the new paint scheme that South Coast Transport came out with for their cruisers? It replaces the black body/white door ones. http://policecanada.ca has pictures of it. Just thought I'd provide that updated information. Keep up the great work as always

Yes,I also noticed that last night when I visited that website.I made a quick version but don't know which one I like better.The new paint scheme has not hit the streets yet.

new livery

post-17160-0-43940300-1376162830_thumb.jpost-17160-0-61981400-1376162884_thumb.j

current livery

post-17160-0-76325700-1376162914_thumb.jpost-17160-0-89769200-1376162948_thumb.j

what's your guys preference?