goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Just so it's clear, all snow plows will be purely aesthetic. It's impossible under the game's system to have dynamic snow. All snow that falls will be static and cannot be plowed as it would be in real life. Theoretically, we could create a script like that, but it would take thousands and thousands of lines, months of work, and in the end would be terribly buggy at best, and make the game very unstable for something that most people wouldn't even notice, and probably would want disabled. (who wants to fail a call because a road wasn't plowed)

It has been noted before gentlemen that unlike a certain other mod; this mod you will not need a 100% top of the line graphics card. The staff is making it so everyone can play. While the trucks and cars will be of a high quality models, the map will be like a typical Canadian mini city (in others words the houses evenly spaced out).

So don't worry guys :)

It has been noted before gentlemen that unlike a certain other mod; this mod you will not need a 100% top of the line graphics card. The staff is making it so everyone can play. While the trucks and cars will be of a high quality models, the map will be like a typical Canadian mini city (in others words the houses evenly spaced out).

So don't worry guys :)

I don't know any mod that requires top of the range graphics cards. We ran into issues with some graphics cards due to them being pretty crappy, specs has very little to do with it besides lag, it was mainly a hardware issue. And as you are still using mainly if not completely em4 buildings I don't see you'll have an issue as the issue was caused due to the additional anti-aliasing because of the significant amount of new detailed buildings we created and used from GTA. So besides the possibility of a little lag you'll be fine.

Overly-complicated light patterns and effects have been the issue for me, with multiple mods.

I've often wondered about this problem with users who have slower systems. Fortunately, I have had always had good systems but not everyone is so fortunate. While flash patterns are in many cases the crux of the desired realism, I hope they strike a good balance for cross-system playability.

The lights and patterns itself will not affect the pc's performance,it's only when you start adding a whole bunch of poly and radiation that you will start to notice your system lag in older computers.

You just have to be smart and plan what units you need in play if you have an older pc.

The lights and patterns itself will not affect the pc's performance,it's only when you start adding a whole bunch of poly and radiation that you will start to notice your system lag in older computers.

You just have to be smart and plan what units you need in play if you have an older pc.

Which adds to the realisim, been awhile since I posted a comment on this thread, so I figure I would break that streak and say love the progress so far!

Sincerely: A long time follower and Supporter

Most of the issues I noticed were in YSB's version of Xplorer's submod. The culprits were the LED versions of the ambulance and the ALS/BLS engines. I copied over the non-LED lights and that cut out pretty much all of the lag, plus I removed a lot of radiation effects from most of the vehicles that I thought were unnecessary. The Manhattan Mod also caused lag with its lights, but I stopped playing it mostly for the differences in gameplay between it and LA.

I've got a i7 6-core on my main machine, but the GFX card in it is pretty sub-standard by today's cards. Since getting a new one also involves getting a new PSU, I haven't made the effort to replace it yet.

I've often wondered about this problem with users who have slower systems. Fortunately, I have had always had good systems but not everyone is so fortunate. While flash patterns are in many cases the crux of the desired realism, I hope they strike a good balance for cross-system playability.

As long as all the lights on the vehicle flash, and there's at least a minimum amount of radiation effects for the biggest lights, I'm content with that. Tons of radiation effects and light cones, and extremely active patterns like the LED vehicles I mentioned don't really fill a need for me.

Most of the issues I noticed were in YSB's version of Xplorer's submod. The culprits were the LED versions of the ambulance and the ALS/BLS engines. I copied over the non-LED lights and that cut out pretty much all of the lag, plus I removed a lot of radiation effects from most of the vehicles that I thought were unnecessary. The Manhattan Mod also caused lag with its lights, but I stopped playing it mostly for the differences in gameplay between it and LA.

I've got a i7 6-core on my main machine, but the GFX card in it is pretty sub-standard by today's cards. Since getting a new one also involves getting a new PSU, I haven't made the effort to replace it yet.

As long as all the lights on the vehicle flash, and there's at least a minimum amount of radiation effects for the biggest lights, I'm content with that. Tons of radiation effects and light cones, and extremely active patterns like the LED vehicles I mentioned don't really fill a need for me.

Interesting. this one has "extremely active patterns" --

The lights are and will be portrayed as accurate to the real life units in Surrey and the lower mainland.It doesn't make much sense to go all out and make the units look as real life as possible,then cut corners and give it crappy,unrealistic lights.

Interesting. this one has "extremely active patterns" --

Actually, I'd say that's a bit better than the vehicles I was having lag from. Obviously, I won't know how it pans out until I'm able to play the mod whenever it's released.

The lights are and will be portrayed as accurate to the real life units in Surrey and the lower mainland.It doesn't make much sense to go all out and make the units look as real life as possible,then cut corners and give it crappy,unrealistic lights.

I wouldn't expect that. Nothing I've said is a complaint towards the high-quality work that's being put into this mod. The topic came up about performance and I gave my thoughts on it.

I wouldn't expect that. Nothing I've said is a complaint towards the high-quality work that's being put into this mod. The topic came up about performance and I gave my thoughts on it.

Mine is just a general response about the lights in general,not cutting you down in anyway...thoughts and suggestions are always welcomed here.