Voodoo_Operator

EM2012 is NOT moddable

Every few days or so, a topic spawns asking if EM2012 is or will be moddable.

The official answer to both of these questions is NO. Please, it's time to move on now.

From the EM2012 official web site:

Which parts would you have liked to improve even further?

I know that modding is quite an important topic for the Emergency community. In the past, we have been able to support this by providing an editor. We would have liked to do the same this time around. However, for one thing, the technical requirements have become a lot more complicated and sophisticated. It takes experienced staff these days to work with our internal design programs. Also, it is, of course, a matter of resources. We cannot simply publish our tools and, since we are not a large company, we are forced to set priorities in development. We cannot produce a marketable game that features outdated graphics, and players' demands on usability are constantly increasing. Therefore, we decided to focus on those two aspects in order to be able to continue the Emergency series at all.

TL;DR translation: We know people wanted this game to be moddable. But we didn't do it. And we won't.

So please, stop asking if this game is or will be moddable in any official way. It's not and it will not be until further notice. It is not impossible that eventually, one or more community members will work on homemade tools of their own, but I am currently unaware of such efforts, and you have to assume that until someone makes an announcement to that effect, there are no efforts currently dedicated to making EM2012 moddable.

With that in mind, please make an informed decision when purchasing this game. If you enjoyed the vanilla EM4/911:FR experience, even with its limitations and without gameplay-enhancing mods such as the LA mod or Winterberg, then this game is suitable for you. Otherwise, move along instead of making outrageous claims that you have been "cheated out of your money". Part of making a purchase is being informed, by getting all the necessary information and reading reviews before buying something, instead of relying on hype and rumors.

Guest Radek_1

In language files there are some interesting lines, such as:

<string name="ID_STATIC_MODS">Mods</string>

<string name="ID_MODS_INFO">Info</string>

<string name="ID_AVAILABLE_MODS">Available mods</string>

<string name="ID_MODS_INFO">About mods<string>

<string name="ID_MOD_INFO_NAME">Title</string>

<string name="ID_MOD_INFO_AUTHOR">Author</string>

<string name="ID_MOD_INFO_DESCRIPTION">Description</string>

<string name="ID_MODS_ACTIVATE">Activate</string>

<string name="ID_MODS_DEACTIVATE">Deactivate</string>

<string name="ID_MAININFO_MODS">Modifications: Activate modifications you've downloaded or created yourself, change elements or add new ones to the game!</string>

But im not sure if its not relic of Emergency 4, as some other lines and files

My best guess they intend to go the route so many companies do opposed to makeing their game modable, expansion packs every couple of months to try to milk some more outta people... Sadly for them I doubt their sales reach anything near high enough to justify the expense or effort to do expansion packs.

Please, before you read this, understand that I know that EM2012 is NOT moddable...I was just wondering, since the Game has not yet released in the U.S... does anyone know if you will be able to control Apparatus like in the LAmod by Hoppah? Or, do you only have access to European apparatus like EM4 and 911FR... I was unable to find any solid evidence supporting this. Thanks for any input.

Well, I am still working on that big set of tools for EM4. Maybe I can work on something for 2012 as well. I know there have been third party editors released for games in the past.

Suppose this is sort of a good thing since I was kind of contemplating cancelling some mods for EM4 if EM2012 was moddable. Moar work for me :rolleyes:

I don't think that's the issue. I think that they're trying to get out of the emergency buisness by making a crappy game with 10 missions and a dumbed down style of play. I'm now contemplating on if I want to get this game. Intro looks sweet though.

Get out? They never got in until 2012. 16T had nothing to do with this game.

Well, I am still working on that big set of tools for EM4. Maybe I can work on something for 2012 as well.

No offense Ami but havent those tools been a WIP for like 2 years? If it takes another 2 years of WIP on tools for EM2012, I think its rather a waste of your time as by then what little interest there still is in the game will be dead by then.

Or deep silver will release their own mods, such as more missions etc.

Deep Silver is a publisher not a developer...

Beside that, don't expect an editor anymore. it won't come. Chance are Emergency Professional will be attractive enough for that

No I'm talking about The emergency series as a whole, not just 16t

If they just did it to get out, why devote the time,money and resources to a project you(quadria games or however its spelled) dont expect to sell well and risk not profiting from when you(quadria games) are an emerging company and this is your first project?

Chance are Emergency Professional will be attractive enough for that

Huh? :s