Voodoo_Operator

EM2012 is NOT moddable

My question is a long shot but hear me out.

When Operation Flashpoint was released, immediately people were modding the original game including new units, missions and so on (like 911 FR/E4). After a few years it was becoming outdated and the graphics were starting to look out of touch, not many people were happy since a new game wasn't likely to come out.

Thnen a modder changed the game to make it more updated and relistic. I can't explain all the changes, it's one of those things you have to see but some examples are better explosions, improved graphics and more realistic looking faces.

My point is, if your that fused about Emergency 2012 then why not at least try to do the same with 911 FR/E4? If 911 FR/E4 can be updated to get to the same level of 2012 then that would in itself be an awesome feat! I know that it may not be possible but if you think there is a chance then take it. I have just started to learn how to script and mod so I'm not the person to ask but maybe someone has a better understanding of this than I do and could take the opportunity.

(I wish to state out that I am not trying to advertise other games, just give references to back up my question and hope it gets seen this way).

i know what your trying to get at, but it would mean going in and making an entirely new game, only a few good things would come out of all the effort, and they wouldn't be significant. The amount of time spent outweighs the positives

To remake the game would be not worth your time, however it has been done to unlock files using the Emergency 4 editor, showing the developers lack of a new game, but regardless.

This is also a tidbit. If you work hard, you can techincally unlock files, import them into into the emergency 4 editor, and theoretically make a whole mod there.

I've been experiementing on and off, and I know others have too, and you can get prototypes, skins, files all sorts of things, so by no means is this game fully mod-able, however there are ways to mod it. Now that I've borken the news, and how to do it, have fun doing it ;)

I've been experiementing on and off, and I know others have too, and you can get prototypes, skins, files all sorts of things, so by no means is this game fully mod-able, however there are ways to mod it. Now that I've borken the news, and how to do it, have fun doing it ;)

*Looks at windows live conversation*

Yeah I discovered how to edit lights, (iffy on lights because the whole model is screwed up when I load it but other then that it's fine) and truck skins tonight.

This is a simple process that is very easy to do. Aside from Emergency 2012, you also need a copy of Emergency 4 with the editor.

First, take the desired XML files, and change their filetype to v3o.

Second, open the emergency 4 editor, and under modifications, choose unpack file

Thirdly, select the files that from step one

Fourth, Exit and change the file types back to XML. They are now unlocked ;)

Simple process that many users may now use to unlock them!

Guest StormbringerGT

I'm late to the game here with this type of game but now I'm hooked! Started with EM 2012 and got hooked then bought Emergency 3 and 4 and just almost finished 4. (that earthquake is a rough ride.)

I didn't mind 2012 but it was pretty short. However the game is a bit prettier than 3 and 4 but it looks like the same engine.

Its a shame it not moddable, the lighting system in EM 2012 is very nice, seeing some of these modded units using this new light system would be very cool!

I find it hard to believe they would condemn themselves to such a mediocre project.

Everywhere I've read those who have played the game are furious. Not because they can't do mods, but because gameplay is absolutely horrible, and the game is almost un-playable due to instability.

I hope they make corrections in the game not just for the gamer's sakes, but for the sake of their own company and reputations as programmers.

CC

@crispy_critterz My game only has occasional bugs, ones I deal with,I'm disappointed in the graphics.And disappointed that its not modable.:( I also wish the sirens were more realistic.I play because I like the new events

@Ferras- They better not make an update that will make 911 FR like this game.I'll be sad.The graphics are good, the gameplay nice,wish there were more events,but at least when I pull down the event log I don't get brought to the other side of the map.

In a way, I can understand why they have stopped the modding. There is soo many legal issues with regarding mods, and so many underlining issues. Which causes problems not only for the MOD creator, but also the game developer. HOWEVER, I like being able to mod stuff, you add your own signature the game.. Its a bit stupid in a way, but I can see why it was done.

Sorry for my english. It's not perfect: D

From the first version of the game I've been a big fan. And every new version that came out was an improvement. But now with the latest version Emergency 2012 I think they have done worse. Many bugs. It has a lot of potential, but I think they have done little to. I hope that soon a new version comes out and it has improved. Also, an editor, or a possibility to adjust the game. Would be very nice. This made the game is always more fun.

It's a fun kind of game. Really addictive. : D

Of course its modifiable the problem is its not easily modifiable

I'd agree with that, I feel there's no such thing as a PC program that isn't modifiable today, just a matter of having the drive/ know how and software to get it done. For example GTA IV was not compatible with mods out of the box and a file checker prevented files from being modded, but they found a way around that and GTA IV now has tons of PC mods. However Emergency is more of a niche game, so the chances go way down