b2bomber

Advanced Game play and Development Mod (Is Closeing)

quint stuff should be done by the modeling department. We plan to model some various new units with all of them being open roof enabled and I think we might do multiple compartments because of the amount of tools we would like to do. So you would have to go to different compartments on the truck to get 1 tool for use. I would also like to see the tool actually get carried on the truck and instead of just putting a tool down and it just fading away, It would have to be set back on the truck. And also not have the ability to go grab a tool and then go and grab another,It would be limited to how many tools you could get off one unit. Anyway your surprise will be coming latter today as long as things go well. Its all done, I might make a tweak or to the actual scene but My concern is the weather that we are having where I am, Massive winds and rain is what there saying to expect and all of the Internet, and power companies are already setting up the emergency repair stations around the area. But so far the weather has been good so. biggrin.gif

Yeah I always thought that putting the tool on the ground and having it fade away was kind of stupid. I wish that my real tools would magically find their way back when i put them down, lol. I like the idea of open roofs on the units, are you planning to be able to assign tasks while en-route?

quint stuff should be done by the modeling department. We plan to model some various new units with all of them being open roof enabled and I think we might do multiple compartments because of the amount of tools we would like to do. So you would have to go to different compartments on the truck to get 1 tool for use. I would also like to see the tool actually get carried on the truck and instead of just putting a tool down and it just fading away, It would have to be set back on the truck. And also not have the ability to go grab a tool and then go and grab another,It would be limited to how many tools you could get off one unit. Anyway your surprise will be coming latter today as long as things go well. Its all done, I might make a tweak or to the actual scene but My concern is the weather that we are having where I am, Massive winds and rain is what there saying to expect and all of the Internet, and power companies are already setting up the emergency repair stations around the area. But so far the weather has been good so. biggrin.gif

You must live in Chitown.......on near by lol. Anyway I mainly want a quint because of this......i really like them pumping water better then engines cause it or main ride.

alright I cant get the video to work the way I want it to so for now I just have in game shots so without a further a to do...

You receive a 9-11 call about a man under the train.

post-6840-083680600 1288131980.jpg

post-6840-010769000 1288131982.jpg

post-6840-021166600 1288131983.jpg

post-6840-066583400 1288131984.jpg

post-6840-089377200 1288131985.jpg

post-6840-020942400 1288131987.jpg

post-6840-039332600 1288131988.jpg

post-6840-064836000 1288131989.jpg

post-6840-007971900 1288131991.jpg

This is one of just the many new revolutionary systems the advanced game play team wants to introduce to you. Open Roof Multi-layer Subway, Basement, Sewer and Manhole system. This is a whole new underground world where all sorts of new missions will be able to be preformed. A long side this underground system lots of new tools will be developed to help you preform your new tasks.

Alright what do you all think? as always thoughts comments everything. By the way you might see the whole system in Dyson's sub-mod 3.0 thats all up to him though.

As always,

Thanks to Hoppah and his crew

And Dyson

+75 new tools? Is this really possible?

thats what we would like to do. Remember that tools are really low poly so they would be easier to model and skin. The part that maybe will be the trouble is scripting. But even then some of them preform similar functions. Now thats not 70 with our first release but overall 70-100 tools we will try to do.

That also includes various lengths and types of one tool.

It's hilarious, reading from the first post to now. The first page is all full of pessimistic cynicism, and then the later pages actually look hopeful, lol.

Lol, Well I think as far as I know that all will continue to happen. I am trying to get people interested in it cause I do think that this mod could happen. And it will. Anyways, Right now where starting the process of getting our own mod team section In which we will lay out the structure of the mod. But we will still be updating on both. The team stuff will be for keeping everything organized and so that you can get information on work thats being done in every branch.

That has the potential to make some really great scenarios, gas leak underground, explosion underground, underground crew hits electric lines, and other stuff.

Your maps will never be the same. This all sounds like tons and tons of work for a group of 4-5 but where making an highly detailed plan currently on how the mod will be successful. So we will keep everyone updated on all that.

Guest sweswat

Another thing that I wanted for a long time with this game is to make the towtrucks and towing more realistic.

I hate when you're towing a truck on a small 3Tons towtruck and it looks like there's a car under the blanket.

What I want:

Two different towtrucks, 1 small for cars and 1 big for trucks.

Ipmroved towing, not just a sound and then the car's up on the flatbed. Tilt the flatbed and pull the car up with a wire then tilt down the flatbed.

Make it possible to tow cars and trucks in their frontwheels so that you can have one car on the flatbed and one in the back.

The last thing I can come up with right now is that I don't think everything that gets towed should be covered with a blanket. Almost the only time you do that is when it has been a deathaccident and the police doesnt want any newspaper to get a picture of the car before they have cantacted the victims relatives.

A.Ipmroved towing, not just a sound and then the car's up on the flatbed. Tilt the flatbed and pull the car up with a wire then tilt down the flatbed.

B.The last thing I can come up with right now is that I don't think everything that gets towed should be covered with a blanket. Almost the only time you do that is when it has been a deathaccident and the police doesnt want any newspaper to get a picture of the car before they have cantacted the victims relatives.

A. We tried this with the LA mod, people complained that the animation was not synchronized... Probrably related to MP Latency and slower computers than we had. Thus it was removed from the towtruck.

B.In short this is impractical, the tow truck would have to change models to be loaded with every single solitary potentially towed vehicle, the game has over 30 traffic cars PLUS whatever emergency vehicles are in the mod, PLUS damaged vehicles involved in accidents... That would make the mod massively larger due to the duplicate models that have to be added to the mod. The tarp is used to cover up the fact that the tow truck doesnt actually "carry" a car, it is just a 2nd model w/ the object loaded onto it.

A. We tried this with the LA mod, people complained that the animation was not synchronized... Probrably related to MP Latency and slower computers than we had. Thus it was removed from the towtruck.

B.In short this is impractical, the tow truck would have to change models to be loaded with every single solitary potentially towed vehicle, the game has over 30 traffic cars PLUS whatever emergency vehicles are in the mod, PLUS damaged vehicles involved in accidents... That would make the mod massively larger due to the duplicate models that have to be added to the mod. The tarp is used to cover up the fact that the tow truck doesnt actually "carry" a car, it is just a 2nd model w/ the object loaded onto it.

Could you not say put the cover on the car before loading?

Once again, the car it's self that is towed, regardless of how it's towed is "removed" from the map, the towtruck switches models to one that has a load on it, this load is the same regardless of what you pick up. When you unload the cargo it puts the car back on the map, and swaps back to the unloaded towtruck model. There is unfortunately nothing you can do about that other than a highly complicated script that would consist of swapping the towtruck with a different model for EVERYTHING that it is allowed to tow, so figure 50+ different towtruck models all identical except for the cargo tossed on the back of it. It is rather impractical to do that unfortunately because you'd have to have a new model for everything you might tow with it. The game originally never intended this, which is why you have the covered cargo, it keeps the mod size smaller, and puts less load on the game engine it's self.