b2bomber

Advanced Game play and Development Mod (Is Closeing)

sounds interesting the more ideas the better. So you would Like to see a lot of collapse rescue stuff. we will be and heres like the best way I can try to describe how the GUI'S will work...

hey heres basically how they will work check out this link. it will just be pictures with moving parts. so you will play a key role in that.(creating cut out photos of things such as car doors)

http://www.fullyinvo...rio1public.html

so now take a look at this rendered shot of a command desk. this will pop up when you select an object such as on the commando some of the interior parts will act kind of like the LA fire station control panel. once it pops up in the middle of your screen this will be your main desk window so you will be able to mouse over different things such as the radio, you click on it and it takes you to a screen of just the radio where you can change the channel volume stuff like that. or say on the other Gui you click on the monitors well this will be a bit more complex but when the camera tower is up I want to try to make it so that you can zoom pan stuff like that with the camera. which would show up in those monitors.

post-6840-038739800 1287515461.jpg

post-6840-040688200 1287515462.jpg

post-6840-098844300 1287515462.jpg

To be really honest I think the command desk is a great idea and feature, it puts a different level of control over situations. The other situations I'm not entirely sure about, I think there is some real potential there, but you are kind of limited by the game.

As for the collapse rescue stuff, equipment would be neat but a lot of it is just locating people and extracting them. Other than like air bags and jacks there isn't a whole lot that i can think of that would be useful in this game, unless you wanted to do a GUI where you had to find someone and extricate them. Then I think poles to poke through the rubble would be usefull.

Yeah I think that if you are guys can get engine to building hook ups, there needs to be a hydrant hook up. Im not sure how you guys are designing the system which is why I hadn't suggested it, considering it would probably involve the scripts within the engines (no idea about how that works), and I didn't know if you were including engines with the creator.

What would be really cool is if you could create a a dry hydrant to be put in the game, so if people wanted to mod some tankers they could haul water to fires, again not sure how possible this is.

I think that you are doing a good job. Some things that I would like to see are: More realistic fires. It seems we just pull up and dump water on everything. The game gives you no realistic feedback on whether you are making a knock on the fire or not. The fire is either on or off. I would like to see some reasonable changes in this area. Perhaps gray smoke. Also fire spread. It would be great to have a fire on the fourth floor of a ten story high rise spread up as well as left and right. Smoke would be great as well. It looks like you are working on that. Smoke but no visible fire would be great! Then companies would have to open the place up. The guys should need to wear SCBA when inside fires. Anything else is just plain unrealistic. How about weather based fire conditions? If I pull up to a four story 300x100 warehouse with heavy fire showing from the top two floors on a windy day, then I am gonna need a lot of help! Things like temperature, humidity, wind speed and direction all affect what we do. How about fatigue and air usage? Many times extra help is requested because the first due companies have been taking a beating and need relief. How about multiple rescues at fires? Multiple rescues from high rises?

I understand about the game engine, and that many of these things may not be possible. These are just suggestions. I, personally, don't care about the first person aspect. I like the strategy roots that this game has. My perfect game would be a full city free play map. NY, Boston, Chicago, etc. I really love what the NY mod is attempting to bring to the table. I certainly am rooting for what you are doing as well.

Well the high rise pack is really just a hose that is carried up multiple stories. Basically you take it to whatever floor you want and connect it to the stand pipe, which gives you the water that is pumped up. It would be neat if there was some way to connect the engine to the building, which would supply your water.

Also I think a K-12 saw would be cool since it can be used in venting, and fans for venting.

thats true for the high rise back but the K-12 saw we will be needing to model it and I have to talk to b2 about that

Shadowzuziz

I think that you are doing a good job. Some things that I would like to see are: More realistic fires. It seems we just pull up and dump water on everything. The game gives you no realistic feedback on whether you are making a knock on the fire or not. The fire is either on or off. I would like to see some reasonable changes in this area. Perhaps gray smoke. Also fire spread. It would be great to have a fire on the fourth floor of a ten story high rise spread up as well as left and right. Smoke would be great as well. It looks like you are working on that. Smoke but no visible fire would be great! Then companies would have to open the place up. The guys should need to wear SCBA when inside fires. Anything else is just plain unrealistic. How about weather based fire conditions? If I pull up to a four story 300x100 warehouse with heavy fire showing from the top two floors on a windy day, then I am gonna need a lot of help! Things like temperature, humidity, wind speed and direction all affect what we do. How about fatigue and air usage? Many times extra help is requested because the first due companies have been taking a beating and need relief. How about multiple rescues at fires? Multiple rescues from high rises?

I understand about the game engine, and that many of these things may not be possible. These are just suggestions. I, personally, don't care about the first person aspect. I like the strategy roots that this game has. My perfect game would be a full city free play map. NY, Boston, Chicago, etc. I really love what the NY mod is attempting to bring to the table. I certainly am rooting for what you are doing as well.

well Our advanced physics system should give you some what of the effect that you are looking for. because the fire is set up to burn individual parts of a structure. So say its a 20 story high rise and theres a fire on like the 12th well where gonna set it up so it transfers from piece to piece. (such as a fire breaks out inside a wall on a stud well it would transfer to the drywall which transfers to the floor and so on) We also want to set up the half burn an full burn objects to. So when a piece is half burnt it will look half burn an not just some char texture applied to it. and at a full burn it will just become a dummy (Burnt Just ash). So that this way we can create the ability for a structure to collapse to add to realism. Flash over and back draft I think would be cool to see us put in. But As for your weather stuff that would be really cool to be put in. we could totally do that, we would just have to create different material types that act differently with the way the map is set up (weather Wise). Great Idea!12.gif

Now we cant do this to all building because we are going to have special scripts that will be applied to our buildings by the building maker we created. So they wont work like regular buildings (Anything Not made with building editor). Just something special about them that will happen is they will only render just the exterior until an event takes place in them or a unit enters them. (so fire stuff as well as many various unit atctions and such can only be used on these buildings. such as ventilation or SWAT Roping down the outside) so you don' have to worry about high polygon counts in game and events will be set up one at a time with this system.

thats true for the high rise back but the K-12 saw we will be needing to model it and I have to talk to b2 about that

Shadowzuziz

Yeah my thinking at the time was for a separate hose pack that looked like an actual high rise pack. While that would be cool, I am realistic that you guys don't have time to make every tool possible, so honestly the regular hose they use would work just as well.

well Our advanced physics system should give you some what of the effect that you are looking for. because the fire is set up to burn individual parts of a structure. So say its a 20 story high rise and theres a fire on like the 12th well where gonna set it up so it transfers from piece to piece. (such as a fire breaks out inside a wall on a stud well it would transfer to the drywall which transfers to the floor and so on) We also want to set up the half burn an full burn objects to. So when a piece is half burnt it will look half burn an not just some char texture applied to it. and at a full burn it will just become a dummy (Burnt Just ash). So that this way we can create the ability for a structure to collapse to add to realism. Flash over and back draft I think would be cool to see us put in. But As for your weather stuff that would be really cool to be put in. we could totally do that, we would just have to create different material types that act differently with the way the map is set up (weather Wise). Great Idea!12.gif

Now we cant do this to all building because we are going to have special scripts that will be applied to our buildings by the building maker we created. So they wont work like regular buildings (Anything Not made with building editor). Just something special about them that will happen is they will only render just the exterior until an event takes place in them or a unit enters them. (so fire stuff as well as many various unit atctions and such can only be used on these buildings. such as ventilation or SWAT Roping down the outside) so you don' have to worry about high polygon counts in game and events will be set up one at a time with this system.

Very cool!

adding to b2 statement we know that a building has to to be 30 floors to be highrise but that would be hard to go up to so we decided to lower it

Yeah my thinking at the time was for a separate hose pack that looked like an actual high rise pack. While that would be cool, I am realistic that you guys don't have time to make every tool possible, so honestly the regular hose they use would work just as well.

we could in the future do that making a highrise pack like the NY mod did, but that will be in our future releases right now we will be making the base of the mod and adding up.

Shadowzuziz

(sorry for double posting it usually merges together)

to add to jakethejakes idea not only will there be conditions that will effect the fire but what if instead of using the current materials that the game uses what if we switched them out with the properties of fire classifications...

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Fire_classes

Instead of just giving each individual object a material what if we grouped them under Class A,B,C,D,K along with some other substances that may not pertain to fire classifications such as something that is fire prof. (Where A USA developer)

would not be to hard of a task to set up,

So lets Recap what we have so far for working with fires

-Realistic weather and atmosphere factors (fire situations)

- Advanced Emtiers (Cool Down stage, Variances of smoke as well as other particles)

-New Ventilation tools as well as vent-able structures (Will work with advanced Physics buildings

-Flash over, Flash Back, Re-ignition

-k-12 saw, different lengths and diameters of hose line kind of like highrise pack (50-100 ft Needs to be calculated in Metric system), Vent fans, Ground Ladders

-various suppression agents (dry Powder, Wet Chemical, Foam, Water)

Any more Tools scripts pertaining to Fire Ventilation, Knockdown, overhaul and any other operation I missed in between?

-Pike Poles

-Portable Monitor

-Hose Line attachments

-suction Hose

-Forcible entry tools (hailgans other tools)

Feel Free to comment Bellow on any ideas, complaints the whole thing.police.gif

I dont think the class system would work the way you want it to. That class system would mean that drywall, fire board, and wood would all have the same combustibility. If you're going for a more realistic gameplay, in my opinion, you should assign them materials that way it takes longer for a fire to burn through certain things, i.e. the fire proof walls that should be between town homes and such.

good god this mod gonna make me soooooo happy

As long as things get going right. Where currently laying out our in detailed plans right now with all that we will try to do (deciding as well to make public or surprise ya). I still am gonna need a scripter for more in depth stuff but I think I can script basic stuff off what hoppah's scripts got as well as referencing stuff from game scripts. A lot of work will be animating and modeling and such which modeling I would say I am a 4 or a 5 on a scale of 1-10. A lot of this will take patients and persevering if something doesn't work out. Although We will try to demo some stuff in other sub mods and mods when we can and hopefully we will be setting up our own demo mod for this.

By the way we should have fan banners coming soon which should follow after our next big update and surprise. =)

Oh I can only Imangine, I just wish I new how to mod, script and damn even know how too figure the editior out to make maps, so i could help in any which way or forum. Any chance on some wildland though put into this mod? Im only wondering because if the weather gonna affect game play i would love to make a wildland mod with this....