b2bomber

Advanced Game play and Development Mod (Is Closeing)

Looking forward to this :)

You can really do it? It looks like it is difficult

some things i think i can probably do. basic stuff I am going to need a team if I start. Right now i am just concepting, and throwing out things I will try to do. I have been give a lot of really good advice from a lot of people as far as I can tell know what they are talking about and trust them. somethings i think i can do others maybe not with out some major experts which if I start I am hoping I can get. I myself if I choose to do this will have to learn quite a bit. for now i am going to let the pole run for a few more days maybe throw out a couple more concepts stuff like that.happy.gif

My best suggestion is to start with mission-based stuff bud, missions are 100% scripted so they give you much much more room to maneuver, Freeplay is a tougher nut to crack;)

My best suggestion is to start with mission-based stuff bud, missions are 100% scripted so they give you much much more room to maneuver, Freeplay is a tougher nut to crack;)

I am gonna try to through out one more idea then decide weather to do it. If I start we will start small after recruitment and if you say mission stuff is easiest thats probably where we will start. first though we would need to make an outline of what we think could be possible under each idea category, develop a plan from start to first release and go for it. :)

sorry I don't want to double post for this but it is kind of important...sorrysign.gif

Licence agreement statement

"RESTRICTIONS

You may not delete or obscure any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notice on the Software or accompanying printed materials.

You may not decompile, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reproduce the Software."

and then follows this statement about modding the game...

"EDITOR AND END-USER VARIATIONS

If the Software includes a feature that allows you to modify the Software or to construct new variations (an “Editor”), you may use such Editor to create modifications or enhancements to the Software, including the construction of new levels (collectively the “Variations”), subject to the following restrictions. Your Variations: (i) must only work with the full, registered copy of the Software; (ii) must not contain modifications to any executable file; (iii) must not contain any libelous, defamatory or other illegal material, material that is scandalous or invades the rights of privacy or publicity of any third party; (iv) must not contain any trademarks, copyright-protected work or other property of third parties; and (v) may not be commercially exploited by you, including but not limited to making such Variations available for sale or as part of a pay-per-play or timesharing service."

Would this be a legal issue if I where to start my mod and have to overhaul the basic system and where to release it on the em4 platform? Or is this more towards someone who would go out and make there own game based off the copyrighted material from the game?

thanks,

b2bomber

It's your standard legal canned BS that all corporations put out there to protect their end. So long as you do NOT release say the Editor to the game, the Exe to the game, things like that you're fine, what it's intent is to prevent piracy or things like that, otherwise you're ok, As long as your end result is a Modification FOR the full version of the core game it's perfectly fine.

Ok everyone, I know I have just been showing you sketch up shots. But now its time to start showing and part of the new and revised concept of 1st person cameras. The new concept for trying to implement the first person camera I believe is a much more plausible idea. Instead of creating a whole new camera perspective we will use the use of GUIs. The GUIs will run kind of like mini games and you will be able to do different tasks in each GUI application. try to guess what each of these photos are of and in as well as vote on what you think...

post-6840-060723600 1285623309.jpg

post-6840-053792000 1285623321.jpg

post-6840-088042900 1285623324.jpg

its kind of a dispatchers center. I am looking for a skinner who can help me skin a couple models (Its only 1 texture for all so). Sorry its kind of urgent. I have been doing it myself but I can't get the model to show up when I import it into the prototype editor. As far as I know I am not applying the skin right.(for the Last Surprise) So if anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated.

its kind of a dispatchers center. I am looking for a skinner who can help me skin a couple models (Its only 1 texture for all so). Sorry its kind of urgent. I have been doing it myself but I can't get the model to show up when I import it into the prototype editor. As far as I know I am not applying the skin right.(for the Last Surprise) So if anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated.

When you screw up the linking of a skin to a model it shows up, but only white. No texture will be applied, i do it practically every friggin time I export a model, and have to manually change it to the correct config. The texture missing has no bearing on the model being missing.