b2bomber

Advanced Game play and Development Mod (Is Closeing)

we will be modeling different particles and actions of the fire based off the weather so in turn you could probably simulate a wild fire. (all this would be based of XML files already in existence in the game and we would create a script that changes fire setup based of XML ) Now I keep going back and fourth on this one but our physics system may not work out as well. I can believe that it cant process thousands of objects even hundreds (under 100). So we will be able to only put a limit on the # of stories that can actually fall. Because usually anyway high rises don't destroy completely easily. So I do think we can simulate houses and buildings under 3/4 stories collapsing. We will still though have sub-wall and roof components for the chemistry systems purpose.

Anyways so wild fire will probably be possible just based off natural chemistry system. alright well now I want to ask everyone of what they think of what they think of hazmat and such? What Kind of stuff would you like to see? New Tools ( for example Gas readers)? New situations (based of real hazmat chemical compositions using NFPA definitions)

Please Post any thoughts comments, Ideas, Complaints you probably know the rest. we want to here from you...wink.gif

post-6840-005232100 1287751537.jpg

(100th reply on topic)

I think the that picture about says it. Maybe you could find a way to give the materials the different codes for the classifications of hazardous materials. For a situation, what about something like a gas leak from a rail car/chemical plant or storage site, or an accident involving a truck that was transporting radioactive material. Tool wise possibly a geiger counter for radio active material. If you are classifying explosives as hazardous, which they technically are, what about an explosion container, where you put a bomb/suspicious package in and blow it up.

Oh I can only Imangine, I just wish I new how to mod, script and damn even know how too figure the editior out to make maps, so i could help in any which way or forum. Any chance on some wildland though put into this mod? Im only wondering because if the weather gonna affect game play i would love to make a wildland mod with this....

modeling is not too hard considering how hard scripting is but we have enough modelers we need scripters and we dont need map making yet.

P.S. i dont even know how to open a map lol

I could possibly help in scripting as I have a few years (5 or 6) of experience in various different programming languages and about half a year's experience with C++, but I do have other projects which mean I won't be able to spend that much time on it as I'd like.

Have to say, though, that if those screenshots are actually in-game shots, then I apologise for underestimating you ;)

I could possibly help in scripting as I have a few years (5 or 6) of experience in various different programming languages and about half a year's experience with C++, but I do have other projects which mean I won't be able to spend that much time on it as I'd like.

Have to say, though, that if those screenshots are actually in-game shots, then I apologise for underestimating you ;)

i also thought b2 wasn't able to do this but now im even helping lol

Hey, Its cool. where defiantly looking for a scripter(s) and I continue to refine the plans of our teams goal (In the proses Making In depth layout) but I believe that any of those things are possible. You just have to look at different ways you can do it. For example the 1st person stuff couldn't be done the way I wanted to originally but other mods such as RTS have somewhat of the same concept with a GUI system and it works. Anyways so you would be interested in helping?smile.gif

Ok heres a Hazmat based of a real call a few months back......18 wheeler roll over and dumps 20,000 gallons of gasoline cause a interstate fir 2 hours. Also maybe a chem where it recats violent to water

To the best of my knowledge and stuff I believe that can be done. The game stores all the Material data in an XML file so we could probably set up a script that Kind of states how different materials will interact with each other and kind of provide a feedback with choosing different Particle Reactions (Fire, Smoke, toxic gas, or nothing). So Along side a somewhat advanced physics set up We will develop a chemistry set up that should back it up and create many real conditions that would be faced when fighting a fire hazmat Situation. For the advanced Hazmat stuff we will need to talk to some sort of Hazmat technician that can provide us with more information. wink.gif

post-6840-095335900 1287792886.jpg

Hey one more thing before I end this post, I have a little sneak peak at a surprise that I need to get done for our fan banner. Tell Me what you think this is...

post-6840-040776800 1287794338.jpg

Lol you guys are all going to be very surprised. Anyway I hope to have an in-game video by Wednesday. :) Sorry I have Not yet textured any of the stuff Its been very busy. I don't think it will be skinned for the demo but at some point all of this will.

Lol you guys are all going to be very surprised. Anyway I hope to have an in-game video by Wednesday. :) Sorry I have Not yet textured any of the stuff Its been very busy. I don't think it will be skinned for the demo but at some point all of this will.

pm when ever you need me to try and get us on mp again

Guest sweswat

The mod looks and sounds awesome and I can't wait to see more updates and then try the mod :P

What if you extinguish a fire and then have to keep spraying water so it doesn't start again.

I have an idea of a tool, I'm not sure if it has been mentioned before, but it would be nice with a heatseeking camera.

A person calls 911 because she feels a burning smell. The FD arrives at the house and search it through with the camera, finds the glowfire and addresses it in an appropriate way.

You can also use it to check if a fire is really burnt out so you know if you have to cold it down even more.

One more thing that I would like to see is a some type of unseen handicapping system with regards to units and their tasks. For instance, FDNY has engines, ladders, squads, rescues, hazmat, and various other units. Ladder companies should be more efficient at forcible entry, making rescues, ventilation, etc. than engine companies. Engine companies should be more efficient at fire suppression, and advancing hose lines than ladder companies. Rescues and Squads are considered elite companies, and should get an edge in all of these duties, as well as be used for any type of technical rescues. The theory being that in game, if I am really strapped for resources, and need to use an engine company to make some rescues, it can be done. Just not as efficiently and quickly as if truck or the rescues and squads were performing the same task. Same thing in reverse. If I need a ladder company to stretch a hose and put out a fire, it can be done. Just not as efficiently as an engine company would do it.

Something like this would ensure a bit more realism. Perhaps when you click on a person, he is highlighted for the color of the unit he is on. Black for engines, red for ladders, yellow for squads, blue for rescues. The special companies can do a lot of things well, but there are only 12 of them (5 rescues and 7 squads) in the whole city. As the LA Mod plays currently, there is no advantage or disadvantage to calling an engine vs a truck vs a USAR squad other than equipment. Right now, Manhattan has 1 Rescue company and 1 Squad company, so it is not like the special companies would overwhelm the game.

I would like to see the same type of unseen handicapping used with decision making on the fire ground as well. If I have fire in the fifth floor of a seven story building, (we'll say that we are not permitted to enter the building)and I choose to go with the engine's deck guns, rather than a ladder pipe or tower ladder, than it should take longer to put that fire out. The deck gun should be more effective at lower heights. Things like height of buildings should affect the effectiveness of the firefighting. Again, this would make it so that different units must be used to get the quickest knockdown of the fire. Also the fire boat should have multiple powerful deck guns, but there should only be one or two big fire boats available. I know that it has been mentioned before, but any unit that is flowing water should have to be hooked up to a water source. If an engine is working, than it should either be connected to a hydrant, or another engine that is connected to a hydrant. If a ladder pipe or tower is flowing, than there should be an engine supplying it. No hose lines should be allowed to be driven over by any units. I feel that this point alone would make the tactical game play of this mod incredible. Things like apparatus type and positioning now come into play. If your first due engine is delayed because of traffic, but the ladder truck is there, then the fire will grow. (Realistic!) If you block out companies due to hose on the street, then the fire will grow while you reposition. If you have people trapped on the upper floors, but can't get a truck in due to obstructions, then the rescue operation will be hindered and people may die. We are forced to think about what we are doing, which makes the game much more fun.

One more thing that I would like to see is a some type of unseen handicapping system with regards to units and their tasks. For instance, FDNY has engines, ladders, squads, rescues, hazmat, and various other units. Ladder companies should be more efficient at forcible entry, making rescues, ventilation, etc. than engine companies. Engine companies should be more efficient at fire suppression, and advancing hose lines than ladder companies. Rescues and Squads are considered elite companies, and should get an edge in all of these duties, as well as be used for any type of technical rescues. The theory being that in game, if I am really strapped for resources, and need to use an engine company to make some rescues, it can be done. Just not as efficiently and quickly as if truck or the rescues and squads were performing the same task. Same thing in reverse. If I need a ladder company to stretch a hose and put out a fire, it can be done. Just not as efficiently as an engine company would do it.

Something like this would ensure a bit more realism. Perhaps when you click on a person, he is highlighted for the color of the unit he is on. Black for engines, red for ladders, yellow for squads, blue for rescues. The special companies can do a lot of things well, but there are only 12 of them (5 rescues and 7 squads) in the whole city. As the LA Mod plays currently, there is no advantage or disadvantage to calling an engine vs a truck vs a USAR squad other than equipment. Right now, Manhattan has 1 Rescue company and 1 Squad company, so it is not like the special companies would overwhelm the game.

I would like to see the same type of unseen handicapping used with decision making on the fire ground as well. If I have fire in the fifth floor of a seven story building, (we'll say that we are not permitted to enter the building)and I choose to go with the engine's deck guns, rather than a ladder pipe or tower ladder, than it should take longer to put that fire out. The deck gun should be more effective at lower heights. Things like height of buildings should affect the effectiveness of the firefighting. Again, this would make it so that different units must be used to get the quickest knockdown of the fire. Also the fire boat should have multiple powerful deck guns, but there should only be one or two big fire boats available. I know that it has been mentioned before, but any unit that is flowing water should have to be hooked up to a water source. If an engine is working, than it should either be connected to a hydrant, or another engine that is connected to a hydrant. If a ladder pipe or tower is flowing, than there should be an engine supplying it. No hose lines should be allowed to be driven over by any units. I feel that this point alone would make the tactical game play of this mod incredible. Things like apparatus type and positioning now come into play. If your first due engine is delayed because of traffic, but the ladder truck is there, then the fire will grow. (Realistic!) If you block out companies due to hose on the street, then the fire will grow while you reposition. If you have people trapped on the upper floors, but can't get a truck in due to obstructions, then the rescue operation will be hindered and people may die. We are forced to think about what we are doing, which makes the game much more fun.

Hey, Really like all of that. Now just want to mention where not exactly developing a mod that will be playable. Think of it more like civil cars corp. Its a mod for mods but in the end it should effect your game play greatly. I think though we could possibly develop a tool that ranks skill based off training. But That would be up to the mod developers to set what the ladder company's skilled at compared to an engine company because every department is different yet the also can be the same at all the same time. So good Idea though. A lot of the stuff we are making will be all done threw lots of animation. And we will have scripts that will control which animations play. I do believe a lot of this could be possible with the right scripts and tools. A lot of this is just using variables and tying them to events and outputs. wink.gif (BY THE WAY: we will try to put out a demo mod and I believe some of us if not all who are apart of the development of this thing will go on and create our own mods after this using our tool. I know I will)

ALRIGHT big update, tomorrow we will be showing off the surprise. So far no one has gotten anywhere near close with their guess so. But I do need your help everyone. I need to know where I can get a free game cam software to shoot the in game video!

Thanks,

B2bomberbiggrin.gif

www.fraps.com

Also That would be amazing process to have the different units affect game play like with the hose blocking the road and having to tap multiple hydrants, because one could not support units. I still really want to see a quint

I really like the idea of someone (us or them), finally creating a quint, but the only way that it would work, in my opinion, is if they limit the water supply. Other wise it would just really be a ladder truck.

quint stuff should be done by the modeling department. We plan to model some various new units with all of them being open roof enabled and I think we might do multiple compartments because of the amount of tools we would like to do. So you would have to go to different compartments on the truck to get 1 tool for use. I would also like to see the tool actually get carried on the truck and instead of just putting a tool down and it just fading away, It would have to be set back on the truck. And also not have the ability to go grab a tool and then go and grab another,It would be limited to how many tools you could get off one unit. Anyway your surprise will be coming latter today as long as things go well. Its all done, I might make a tweak or to the actual scene but My concern is the weather that we are having where I am, Massive winds and rain is what there saying to expect and all of the Internet, and power companies are already setting up the emergency repair stations around the area. But so far the weather has been good so. biggrin.gif