Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

I understand that, my man. I meant in no way to bash your campaign. I just wanted to have a better clarity and a break down on how the money is being used. But then again, there are better options out there than does not require money, and it'll still help you with promoting the modification. You can also use Hotmail like Goog1967 and I do. Just saying that there are a versatile of free options.

After playing this for quite awhile all is good apart from the small bug every now and then.

But one thing that never seems to work for me is the Sirens no unit has sirens that work

(Both V1,V2) any ideas on how to fix?

Just played V2. Where do I start.... the map has less "eye candy" but is cleaner and way easy to navigate than V1. The traffic flow is perfect, the wider roads make attending calls much simpler. The additional EMS units are great, and the changed script that allows one medic to grab the stretcher is much more realistic. The lighting is simply amazing, the ground effects look real and I'm a big fan of the new blue lights on the NYFD trucks. As mentioned before, some of the NYPD SUVs are missing lighting features and Ladder 13th couldn't park at the station. Those are the only bugs I've found so far.

Overall I think you guys did an amazing job! I can't wait to really immerse myself in the game and experience all the improvements.

One word of warning, double check the installation path. My EM4 is in a completely different folder than what the exe program defaults too.

Great job!

In regards to the money issue, there are a thousand, if not more free alternatives. Stan can afford premium hosting, premium forums and all that via ad revenues. IF you can't, you have to base your community off of free grounds. I'm not straying either way on the line, so I'll give two possible alternatives for free:

Stay here, and base your operations here. We are the largest English community for this stuff, so you've got eyes on you for there. People also don't like having to sign up to multiple sites, I know I don't. Ask for either a subforum, or make two or three topics. We can create rules in the system here, say for example that there is a topic that only members of a certain usergroup can post in, and that could be solely for updates on the mod, or you could do as others do, and use the first page for stuff like that. Contact myself or Voodoo and we'll give the topic author a page of just his posts to edit and use as he needs. The creation of a support thread also allows for issues to be handled quickly. Realistically, everything can be in two or three forums. Emails can be done through millions of free hosts, and all that stuff. These topics can really be organized neatly if you ask nicely! ;) Don't forget, facebook and hotmail are free, and everyone can keep up on one if not both of them.

Second alternative is free forum hosting. I recommend this because a lot of them will offer portals, so you can basically fill it with all kinds of stuff, kinda like we have here on EmP now. This takes care of a lot of the communication side of things. You'll still need to look elsewhere for an email and all that, but c'est la vie.

Now, if you still wanna have that kinda official look, domain names are dirt cheap. I think .com's are going for like 2 bucks now. You can buy one, it'll come with some basic stuff usually, like email redirect and all that, so you can make an email like admin@manhattanmod.com and it'll redirect to manhattanmod@hotmail.com for example. You can also set up the .com to go to what you want as your homepage, which might be this topic's first page with all the organization or whatever you see fit.

There are thousands of free options, and I don't think it should become to a point where you're basically begging for money, as people don't like that. Notice how they walk away from hobos? :P

In regards to the money issue, there are a thousand, if not more free alternatives. Stan can afford premium hosting, premium forums and all that via ad revenues. IF you can't, you have to base your community off of free grounds. I'm not straying either way on the line, so I'll give two possible alternatives for free:

Stay here, and base your operations here. We are the largest English community for this stuff, so you've got eyes on you for there. People also don't like having to sign up to multiple sites, I know I don't. Ask for either a subforum, or make two or three topics. We can create rules in the system here, say for example that there is a topic that only members of a certain usergroup can post in, and that could be solely for updates on the mod, or you could do as others do, and use the first page for stuff like that. Contact myself or Voodoo and we'll give the topic author a page of just his posts to edit and use as he needs. The creation of a support thread also allows for issues to be handled quickly. Realistically, everything can be in two or three forums. Emails can be done through millions of free hosts, and all that stuff. These topics can really be organized neatly if you ask nicely! ;) Don't forget, facebook and hotmail are free, and everyone can keep up on one if not both of them.

Second alternative is free forum hosting. I recommend this because a lot of them will offer portals, so you can basically fill it with all kinds of stuff, kinda like we have here on EmP now. This takes care of a lot of the communication side of things. You'll still need to look elsewhere for an email and all that, but c'est la vie.

Now, if you still wanna have that kinda official look, domain names are dirt cheap. I think .com's are going for like 2 bucks now. You can buy one, it'll come with some basic stuff usually, like email redirect and all that, so you can make an email like admin@manhattanmod.com and it'll redirect to manhattanmod@hotmail.com for example. You can also set up the .com to go to what you want as your homepage, which might be this topic's first page with all the organization or whatever you see fit.

There are thousands of free options, and I don't think it should become to a point where you're basically begging for money, as people don't like that. Notice how they walk away from hobos? :P

Im a hobo now? XD I really am. I sound pathetic but oh well, paid the 20$ for the site! Thanks so much for everyones help! Here comes v3!

ok maybe somone can help me i get the call for the natural gas explosion in the street. i send an engine and put water on it and after a while it sais i fail. what else do i have to do?

You have to rescue any victims also, you might of had casualties, and sometimes you have to tow burnt cars away I think.

Hey all,

I tried installing mod.. manually of course... and every time i've done it (twice so far) I play the game and there is a bunch of missing protoypes boxes (on the buildings) and the engines wont turn on their sirens or anything...

Is there a proper way to install it? I feel like thats the problem

Hey all,

I tried installing mod.. manually of course... and every time i've done it (twice so far) I play the game and there is a bunch of missing protoypes boxes (on the buildings) and the engines wont turn on their sirens or anything...

Is there a proper way to install it? I feel like thats the problem

Perhaps you should try installing it via the installation program. Make sure the installation program defaults to the correct location/path.