Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

If anyone is going to offer help you should either know:

how to light buildings

model or edit models in zmod

and be awesome! lol

No we are not going to have ff funerals, and no nypd surge drills. IF you want to do a surge drill in freeplay just get alot of pd cars then press patrol and turn on their lights and sirens. no new missions will come in this version unless you want to wait another few months for release. Other than that releqase should be soon but no promises. We wont announce a release date because those are curses. The tower ladder was a Bi&$* and so was the open house in the video but I did it for you guys and for the Danish haters ;)

If anyone is going to offer help you should either know:

how to light buildings

model or edit models in zmod

and be awesome! lol

No we are not going to have ff funerals, and no nypd surge drills. IF you want to do a surge drill in freeplay just get alot of pd cars then press patrol and turn on their lights and sirens. no new missions will come in this version unless you want to wait another few months for release. Other than that releqase should be soon but no promises. We wont announce a release date because those are curses. The tower ladder was a Bi&$* and so was the open house in the video but I did it for you guys and for the Danish haters ;)

We appreciate it man!

Most recent video looks great. Out of curiousity are there going to be a set number of patrol route like in the LA mod?

Yes because 1) each patrol route is a path laid out in the editor and I don't think the mod team want's to spend ours mapping out every conceivable patol route and 2) it's physically impossible to have an infinite number of patrol route.

Great work on the mod so far guys.

Also, the more paths you create, there is then an exponential increase of A) traffic jams B) loading times and C) unit confusion

If you have a half million paths, sure, that's great, but the problem doesn't lie with creating them, it's that they WILL cause traffic jams, and lots of them. Think of the LA mod's 4 paths. How many times have you untied traffic with cruisers, or two cruisers? Dozens I'm sure. Imagine now having 40. That number goes from 15 a freeplay to an exponentially larger number.

Yeah, we've really been trying to monitor traffic flow, we diabled traffic lights in order to avoid Em4's terrible traffic light system from causing HUGE tailbacks. We also have the map built around avenues. Most of these are one way and feature a fire lane, so again this means there is less traffic build up. The only place you ever get jams is at Times Square. This is only because if you have a bomb or fire in TS all the peds run out into the road... Then we all know how great Em4 is when it just leaves those people there for the entire game -_-

So yeah traffic shouldn't be any issue, we've also removed the Devil command that is redirect. Therefore the only way you get tailbacks is if you create them when blacking the road. So using common sense... one lane as soon as possible, then restore the traffic flow :)

We also have speed controls when responding. We recommend when in traffic (or by defauly) setting it to slowest. This speed is the same as the traffic speed, so the Engines wont overtake in their weird way, but instead, more realistically, will follow behind traffic until there is room to overtake, then you up the speed. :)

Hope this eplains the system :)

Yeah, we've really been trying to monitor traffic flow, we diabled traffic lights in order to avoid Em4's terrible traffic light system from causing HUGE tailbacks. We also have the map built around avenues. Most of these are one way and feature a fire lane, so again this means there is less traffic build up. The only place you ever get jams is at Times Square. This is only because if you have a bomb or fire in TS all the peds run out into the road... Then we all know how great Em4 is when it just leaves those people there for the entire game -_-

So yeah traffic shouldn't be any issue, we've also removed the Devil command that is redirect. Therefore the only way you get tailbacks is if you create them when blacking the road. So using common sense... one lane as soon as possible, then restore the traffic flow :)

We also have speed controls when responding. We recommend when in traffic (or by defauly) setting it to slowest. This speed is the same as the traffic speed, so the Engines wont overtake in their weird way, but instead, more realistically, will follow behind traffic until there is room to overtake, then you up the speed. :)

Hope this eplains the system :)

The new speed control system sounds awsome.

Also, the more paths you create, there is then an exponential increase of A) traffic jams B) loading times and C) unit confusion

If you have a half million paths, sure, that's great, but the problem doesn't lie with creating them, it's that they WILL cause traffic jams, and lots of them. Think of the LA mod's 4 paths. How many times have you untied traffic with cruisers, or two cruisers? Dozens I'm sure. Imagine now having 40. That number goes from 15 a freeplay to an exponentially larger number.

There are 4 patrol paths in the LA mod? I've only been able to find/use 3...?

The primary release will contain mission files, but no work has been done on them and they are the original missions, using them is strongly not recommended. Hopefully the freeplay and Multiplayer will be enough for you guys until we've worked on campaigns.

hey great vid cant wait its really coming on ;)

@Dyson i had a thought that if you had plans to do more mods in the future you could do a London mod with Buckingham palace downing st or something similar to the bill with sun hill station i know that sniped222 plus some more guys made one but there was no map or missions. :wall:

keep up the great work

hey great vid cant wait its really coming on ;)

@Dyson i had a thought that if you had plans to do more mods in the future you could do a London mod with Buckingham palace downing st or something similar to the bill with sun hill station i know that sniped222 plus some more guys made one but there was no map or missions. :wall:

keep up the great work

I plan to do a private mod of my own local area, but the UK sucks for vehicles, not worth modelling, especially when theres civil versions available easily, if I do start another project after this and all of its ventures it will once again be with Rafael and will be another US city, possibly Chicago or San Fransisco, but that's to be discussed between me and raf when the time comes.

Not specifically police, and not specifically UK, but European emergency vehicles don't do anything for me. Most ambulances are glorified Mercedez Sprinters. Whereas US rigs vary from Department to department and are specially made, for example Mack rigs, or Seagrave aerialscope ladders, wouldn't see anything like that over this side of the Atlantic. OurPD looks less organized, for a start there's like a million different paint jobs in one department...

http://www.met.police.uk/mpds/images/bmw.jpg

http://www.businesscar.co.uk/Pictures/Title/w/k/c/Mitsubishi_EvoX_Police.jpg

http://www.hireapolicecar.com/images/police%20car.jpg

Whereas NYPD or LAPD, you know, whether its an Impala, a Crown Vic or an SUV, the paint job is the same.

Dunno, just my opinion, much prefer the US first responders.

I plan to do a private mod of my own local area, but the UK sucks for vehicles, not worth modelling, especially when theres civil versions available easily, if I do start another project after this and all of its ventures it will once again be with Rafael and will be another US city, possibly Chicago or San Fransisco, but that's to be discussed between me and raf when the time comes.

.... i would LOVE a san francisco OR a san diego mod... lol... (san francisco sounds awesome)... if you do chicago yours will be way better than the one that is being worked on atm...